+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How useful is +15% Attack Power?

Shadowlander

Default How useful is +15% Attack Power?

Lets talk about Unseen Fury which many many of us take when speccing Riftstalker (+15% AP 5/5)

AP (Attack Power) is only good for increasing DPS. So how big of an increase would 15% make?

Well, lets say you have lvl 20 character with attack power of 200 (pretty high for this lvl). The bonus will be 200*0.15=30 more AP. Or in DPS 30*0.1=3 DPS.

Lets take Bards finisher Cadence. Damage = D*2 + AP*2 + L (D - weapon DPS, AP - attack power DPS, L - life based)

So if D=10, AP=20, and L = 100 (Numbers from my head, correct me if you remember some exact figures). Then total damage without buff would be 20+40+100=160.
    WITH buff it would be 166.

Which is 3.75% increase in DPS for a very high attack power character.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Latyshev View Post
    Lets talk about Unseen Fury which many many of us take when speccing Riftstalker (+15% AP 5/5)

AP (Attack Power) is only good for increasing DPS. So how big of an increase would 15% make?

Well, lets say you have lvl 20 character with attack power of 200 (pretty high for this lvl). The bonus will be 200*0.15=30 more AP. Or in DPS 30*0.1=3 DPS.

Lets take Bards finisher Cadence. Damage = D*2 + AP*2 + L (D - weapon DPS, AP - attack power DPS, L - life based)

So if D=10, AP=20, and L = 100 (Numbers from my head, correct me if you remember some exact figures). Then total damage without buff would be 20+40+100=160.
    WITH buff it would be 166.

Which is 3.75% increase in DPS for a very high attack power character.

I would say very usefull.

My AP dps add was way more than the weapon DPS itself. If you want a rough comparison (I have a hard time rmemebering what my weapon was at lvl 35)

I had a bow... bows have more dps than singlehanded melee weapons. My Atack power was adding +23 DPS my bow was only a about a 15 (in that range I could be off a few % or so) dps weapon.

So an increase to AP scales even more than weapon DPS and Rogues are weapon users.

Also AP is a larger number than your Dex will be .. so its 15% more of a larger number If that makes sense.

Dex provides Crit of course amnd also Dodge.

This thing to keep in mind when specing is % modifiers to dexerity, AP, or really any other stat are not all that attractive simply because you have much lower stats. As you level though those talents become much more valuable and would be considered must haves at lvl 50. Point I am trying to make is % modifiers are basically useless until you get some stats...but then again what else would you put your points into and do you really wanan do a ton of math to figure out when to go do respecs? Just my thoughts.

-Kel

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kelebra View Post
    This thing to keep in mind when specing is % modifiers to dexerity, AP, or really any other stat are not all that attractive simply because you have much lower stats. As you level though those talents become much more valuable and would be considered must haves at lvl 50. Point I am trying to make is % modifiers are basically useless until you get some stats...but then again what else would you put your points into and do you really wanan do a ton of math to figure out when to go do respecs? Just my thoughts.

-Kel
    I agree especially about endurance for rogues. Im huge on having hps but the fact that our endurance is low anyhow is good to realize when scaling % on stats.

Our dex is higher than our endurance so +1% dex adds a lot more dex and +1%endurance for example.

AP on the otherhand.. there are many buffs that add ap so its kind of large towards 30's and higher in my opinion.
    Last edited by Beans; 02-24-2011 at 09:47 AM.

Champion

Is it great? No. But it's better than the alternative. I would only take armor over AP if I were rolling a tankish toon for PvE.

Rift Disciple

My build is currently set for 5/17/44. For that 5 points nothing else really compares. It was kind of automatic for me. Extra damage for everything? Yes please.
    Tell you what, you remove the dps from Warriors and make them tanks only, and I'll stop being a Rogue tank. Until then, we finally have multiple roles instead of one. Get over it..

+ Reply to Thread