+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marksman's Pedestal

Default Marksman's Pedestal

Ok, I've been searching for an answer to this with no luck yet. So I'll ask here since I know there are a lot of guru's around.

What's the radius of effect on the Marksman's Pedestal and Sniper's Pedestal? Is it something that you have to basically stand right on top of? I read that you can't move so I'm assuming it's quite a small area, but it would be nice if there's a more difinitive answer to this.

Thank you.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius1 View Post
    Ok, I've been searching for an answer to this with no luck yet. So I'll ask here since I know there are a lot of guru's around.

What's the radius of effect on the Marksman's Pedestal and Sniper's Pedestal? Is it something that you have to basically stand right on top of? I read that you can't move so I'm assuming it's quite a small area, but it would be nice if there's a more difinitive answer to this.

Thank you.
    Pedestal

haven't used it myself, but afaik(and as the name suggests) it allows essentially no movement
    Last edited by Txzeenath; 02-24-2011 at 04:55 AM.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHZ - O/C - Running 24/7 at 4.2GHZ
    GPU: 2x XFX Radeon 6970 2GB Crossfire - O/C to 935/1435
    Display: 3x ASUS 24" Monitors in Eyefinity(3240x1920)
    HDD: 4x WD Caviar Black 640gb 7200 RPM in RAID 10
    MB+RAM: GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 890FX -- Ballistix Tracer 6GB DDR3
    Cooling: Water cooled on a 3x120 rad. Running 10x120mm Yate Loons + 1x200mm Big Boy Fan

Telaran

From my experience, you have to stand right on top on it to benefit from the work. Move just a half meter and you lose the buff.

when i used it, it casts a triangle 3 dots, lit up, stay inside the 3 dots and u get the dps boost, move out and you dont, watch your buffs.. u can tell. just be aware.
    Drive it like u stole it

Telaran

Ya its basically 2 steps in any direction you will be ok. You can move a little but not much. Keep in mind you can move off of it, and then come back on it to get the buff.

It has its uses but if its necessary for MM do a lot of damage the class will be worthless IMO.
    Last edited by pixelelement; 02-24-2011 at 05:41 AM.

Thanks for the replies everyone! I appreciate it a lot.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius1 View Post
    Thanks for the replies everyone! I appreciate it a lot.
    It pretty much is only useful in instance boss fights that don't require movement. You could also use it in a rift if you don't need to move. Don't plan to use it for PvP or leveling/questing.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Godzillamax View Post
    It pretty much is only useful in instance boss fights that don't require movement. You could also use it in a rift if you don't need to move. Don't plan to use it for PvP or leveling/questing.
    If you have some ranger you can use it PVE to level. I used it all the time...You can also use it from time to time in PvP if they are occupied by a Rift or something. It's very situational, but it can be useful.
    Last edited by pixelelement; 02-24-2011 at 06:21 AM.

RIFT Guide Writer

The alpha notes state that almost all of the MM damage abilities got reduced, but MM Pedestal got buffed, so I bet it will become more popular.

It's very small. You get flares around your location that outline the radius. You have to stand right in them to get the bonus.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Archaegeo View Post
    The alpha notes state that almost all of the MM damage abilities got reduced, but MM Pedestal got buffed, so I bet it will become more popular.
    Hey, every one is saying about patch notes... can you share that information? Every link about patch notes or alpha notes is leading to old beta patches, can't find any concerning final version…

RIFT Guide Writer

If you google search for ift alpha patch notes, the latest were from 2/21

Quote Originally Posted by Archaegeo View Post
    Unfortunately (see sig for why), this whole thing makes it even more beneficial (pushy) to go 51 in MM. Obviously you don't HAVE to, but it makes more sense to. Trion's moves for the last 3 patches or so seem to really have been aimed at getting people to pick one main soul. Seems to go against the ideas I originally attributed to this game. Just my thoughts and rantings

Soulwalker

Just read the latest patch notes.. and even after nerfing MM they still do a ****ton of damage.. no QQ!
    Last edited by Maleficus; 02-24-2011 at 09:08 AM.

Soulwalker

Haven't played yet but, from looking at the talent trees, I'd like to believe I could make up that additional 20% damage beyond Marksman Pedestal (less in practice assuming PvE raid encounters are built with any scale of difficulty and require movement) by allocating the points into throughput talents in the Ranger tree versus the filler / no-PvE value talents I'd have to put MM points into in order to reach 51.
    Last edited by Calculated; 02-24-2011 at 11:38 AM.

+ Reply to Thread