+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Say goodbye to kiters.

Plane Touched

Default Say goodbye to kiters.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....ibzAzsoohdz.V

Can't see anyone able to kite this build: 1 stun break (that can break roots and snares) planeshift, a charge that breaks roots and snares and roots the target, and 4 more planeshifts, some to target some on location 1 that just moves you 15 yds.

That is alot of mobility right there lol :P

Freedom of Movement from the Riftstalker tree would be a nice addition I think.
    - Kaboomium <The Unnamed> -

Plane Touched

Definitely, I didn't see that one, pop it after you broke assassins paralysing strike and watch them go "WTF!?" when they try their Foul Play dirty tricks

Hi I'm the Dominator.
    I'm draining your energy and stoping the regeneration. You cant break my CC rain without energy.
    Also chastise/draining presence.

Be kited BRO.
    Last edited by Kaladai; 02-24-2011 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Grammar
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladai View Post
    Hi I'm the Dominator.
    I'm draining your energy and stoping the regeneration. You cant break my CC rain without energy.

Be kited BRO.
    For 5 seconds you will stop my regen, your mana wrench only works well on mana based classes... Say hello to my blade =)

Sid
    Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Mystryl View Post
    Say hello to my blade =)
    Say hello to a blade that hardly does any dmg because you've wasted all your points in being able to bounce around the screen.. now this build would be VERY effective if your running with the fang i would think.. but as soon as you're on cool down you will be decimated before you can kill anyone.
    Last edited by Sid; 02-24-2011 at 04:49 AM.
    HW: DD Water Box | i7 920 D0 @ 4.1GHz 1.294v | EVGA x58 SLI LE | OCZ 6GB DDR3 1600 | HD 6870 CrossFireX 980/1150 | 9800GT Eco Hybrid Physx | Vertex 2 SSD | Ultra X-3 1,000w psu | Win7 x64

WC: Apogee XT WB | EK-FC6870 x2 | Black Ice Xtreme II D12SH-12 pull | MCP355 XSPC Acetal Top | PrimoFlex Pro LRT 1/2" x 3/4" | Fluid XP Phantom Black

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    Say hello to a blade that hardly does any dmg because you've wasted all your points in being able to bounce around the screen.. now this build would be VERY effective if your running with the fang i would think.. but as soon as you're on cool down you will be decimated before you can kill anyone.
    My experience being in the top 3 of damage done in WF's say otherwise... Utilize your rhythms correctly and you WILL be able to kill people... If you don't, well that is your mistake =)

Sid
    Plane Touched

My experience being in the top 3 of damage done in WF's say otherwise... Utilize your rhythms correctly and you WILL be able to kill people... If you don't, well that is your mistake =)
    I would have never imagined.. that's pretty sweet man!
    HW: DD Water Box | i7 920 D0 @ 4.1GHz 1.294v | EVGA x58 SLI LE | OCZ 6GB DDR3 1600 | HD 6870 CrossFireX 980/1150 | 9800GT Eco Hybrid Physx | Vertex 2 SSD | Ultra X-3 1,000w psu | Win7 x64

WC: Apogee XT WB | EK-FC6870 x2 | Black Ice Xtreme II D12SH-12 pull | MCP355 XSPC Acetal Top | PrimoFlex Pro LRT 1/2" x 3/4" | Fluid XP Phantom Black

Plane Touched

I would have never imagined.. that's pretty sweet man!
    One of your rhythms will give you a 30% physical damage boost, couple that with Dancing Steel and your have a CD that will crit for 600 per tick (2x 300, hits with both weapons), this is pretty awesome seeing as it is great singletarget damage, AND great aoe damage... In addition you cannot be cc'd whilst using dancing steel.

On top of that you can use your planeshifts for an extra 15% damage across the board. Also you have a rhythmic ability that makes your quick and precision strike make keen strike a 100% crit and do 100% more damage (making it crit for about 500), and a finisher that makes your next combo pt generating abilities do 10 or so% more damage, in addition to itself critting upwards of 1k.

Granted the singletarget damage and burst is not at the height of assassin and nb, but it doesn't need to be. You will also have a 5 sec silence interrupt on a 10 sec cd, plus a reactive stun, and fast combo point generation...

This specc is the reason Im thinking of scrapping my mage and going rogue... I love mobility :P

Sid
    Plane Touched

One of your rhythms will give you a 30% physical damage boost, couple that with Dancing Steel and your have a CD that will crit for 600 per tick (2x 300, hits with both weapons), this is pretty awesome seeing as it is great singletarget damage, AND great aoe damage... In addition you cannot be cc'd whilst using dancing steel.

On top of that you can use your planeshifts for an extra 15% damage across the board. Also you have a rhythmic ability that makes your quick and precision strike make keen strike a 100% crit and do 100% more damage (making it crit for about 500), and a finisher that makes your next combo pt generating abilities do 10 or so% more damage, in addition to itself critting upwards of 1k.

Granted the singletarget damage and burst is not at the height of assassin and nb, but it doesn't need to be. You will also have a 5 sec silence interrupt on a 10 sec cd, plus a reactive stun, and fast combo point generation...

This specc is the reason Im thinking of scrapping my mage and going rogue... I love mobility :P
    Interesting.. learning something new here. I haven't messed with the BD soul much at all actually and i'm starting to like.

The one thing you have over the Sin or NB is survivability. You can absorb a lot of dmg when plane shifting and you're able to plane shift to g.t.f.o. of bad situations.. nice build man.

Plane Touched

Interesting.. learning something new here. I haven't messed with the BD soul much at all actually and i'm starting to like.

The one thing you have over the Sin or NB is survivability. You can absorb a lot of dmg when plane shifting and you're able to plane shift to g.t.f.o. of bad situations.. nice build man.
    Indeed, I tried the same with an assassin build, it did not work for me, but it might work for others. I mean assassin/riftstalker/xxx (I took sab to get 30% extra dex (bd talent and first tier sab), I might just suck at playing assassin, entirely possible. I find BD with all the reactive abilities to be fun. Especially the stun, it cant miss, be parried, or be dodged. The cd is also quite low if I remember correctly... The downside is you have to dodge or parry an attack, but I didnt have much trouble doing that in WFs with all the pesky rogue running around.

And your right, this build will also work wonders for flag carrying, since you can shift away to a location AND shift away to a party member.
    A proper aoe'ing mage will ofcourse out damage you, but your singletarget damage is pretty good. I was on cloudborne eu, ran with this build and ran with a friend who was mostly rift stalker (carrying the flag) we won every single match, guardian side, there was no contest :P... We pretty much told the rest of the team to farm defiants, we picked up the flag and ran it back.

I suggest people try this build if they like mobility, damage towards high end (I myself wasn't always using rhythms, since im not always aware that they are off cd lol, but ill get better at it), and some nice survivability in the mix.

Plane Touched

Played a build similar to this in warfronts with massive amounts of blinks from the riftstalker tree, except he was a nightblade instead of BD and he would ranged me and blink and ranged and blink and was really hard to kite, the only thing is, im too good and have slow immunity for long enough that i will eventually run circles around you
    Mainspec - Casual melter - Hardcore PvP rogue
    -- Guild Unstable --
    www.Unstablerift.com

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by demisedofrice View Post
    Played a build similar to this in warfronts with massive amounts of blinks from the riftstalker tree, except he was a nightblade instead of BD and he would ranged me and blink and ranged and blink and was really hard to kite, the only thing is, im too good and have slow immunity for long enough that i will eventually run circles around you
    Well, everytime I shift to you I will apply a snare on you. Whenever you snare me I will charge you, rooting you and removing my snare. If you stun I will shift to you, if I had parried one of your attacks, you will get stunned. ;)

Kiting is probably possible, but this specc will be one of the least kiteable melee speccs you can find :P, I think you have to be an immensely awesome kiter to kite this specc. I can see dominators with squirrel, but their damage wont kill me, and if they are focussed on cc'ing/kiting me then they're not cc'ing/draining/ruining my healers, which is a plus.
    Last edited by Mystryl; 02-24-2011 at 05:26 AM.

Plane Touched

Can quite possibly also go Nightblade with riftstalker for more damage, a healing reduction weapon enchant, but your going to lose the 15sec cd root and snare break from BD... Instead your going to get some ranged abilities that hit pretty hard and a stealth.

I will definitely be testing different main souls with riftstalker offsoul over the next week or two, so far I found BD to be the most fun, but NB might be awesome too.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladai View Post
    Hi I'm the Dominator.

Be kited BRO.
    Hi I'm the Void Knight.
    I'm taking your mana bar down to zero faster than captain planet on pollution. You cant CC me without mana.
    Also, discharge.

Just stand there until we get to you BRO.
    Last edited by Nonsensei436; 02-24-2011 at 05:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmaoboat View Post
    I drew a nice picture of some mountains today. It, too, looks good on paper.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast