+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with some Ranger/MM questions

Default Help with some Ranger/MM questions

Hi,

This is my first post and am new to this game, only got to play the last few hours of beta. When I did I tried a few builds for an hour each so did not get chance to use them much.

I do know that I want to be a Rogue, my first was Assassin which I want to make and seemed good, didnt know much about what to to put with it though

The next I tried the Ranger/MM and I liked it, rarely got hit as the pet tanked and I killed with ease. I dont see many posts on this build so after reading a few threads and playing about with the calc i came up with this
    Ranger/MM

A couple of questions please:-
    1. I probably have completely gone off the rails, but please comment to improve this class
    2. Why am I not seeing many of these builds on the forums, are they too squishy?
    3. What 3rd soul?
    4. I played this to about lvl12 and was very good for PvE but later in levels is it then not as good?
    5. I will be playing on PvP server, Is this build any good for PvP?
    6. What are the pets like, especially the Blood raptor as surely it must be good if having to spend this amount of points?

Ok, thanks in advance....only 8hrs to go and I haven't a clue what I am going to do

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by acko View Post
    Hi,

This is my first post and am new to this game, only got to play the last few hours of beta. When I did I tried a few builds for an hour each so did not get chance to use them much.

I do know that I want to be a Rogue, my first was Assassin which I want to make and seemed good, didnt know much about what to to put with it though

The next I tried the Ranger/MM and I liked it, rarely got hit as the pet tanked and I killed with ease. I dont see many posts on this build so after reading a few threads and playing about with the calc i came up with this
    Ranger/MM

A couple of questions please:-
    1. I probably have completely gone off the rails, but please comment to improve this class
    2. Why am I not seeing many of these builds on the forums, are they too squishy?
    3. What 3rd soul?
    4. I played this to about lvl12 and was very good for PvE but later in levels is it then not as good?
    5. I will be playing on PvP server, Is this build any good for PvP?
    6. What are the pets like, especially the Blood raptor as surely it must be good if having to spend this amount of points?

Ok, thanks in advance....only 8hrs to go and I haven't a clue what I am going to do

Cheers
    are you going for a pvp spec or a pve spec? if pve, you should know that if you use moves that increase your run speed, mobs will get an increase to run speed as well (tested this in open beta on elites. no clue if this has been fixed for release, though). so swift shot and hasted shot are horrible to use for kiting. crippling shot, however is good to use, because it will snare the mob. in pvp, run speed is great, and you can use those abilities with reckless abandon.

also, beastial fury is a minimal dps increase for those 2 points. especially if you're going to use deadeye shot. put at least one of those points in hasten call. also, you really should put points into opportunity. extra cp after a finisher is rather nice.

a good 3rd soul to use is nightblade if you're only going to use 5 point. blazing fury is nice to incease damage of swift shot, qujick shot, empower shot, splinter shot or shadow fire.

the blood raptor is a pvp pet. its rather slow, and does good damage for pve. for pvp, with master huntsman, the heal debuff on the greater dire wolf is rather useful.

hope i helped a bit. if i'm wrong, please correct me. i dabbled a lot into marks and ranger in open beta, because i found a rather powerful gun. this is what i noticed, and it was rather easy to level wtih ranger/marks/sin.
    Last edited by Soull; 02-24-2011 at 02:38 AM.

Prophet of Telara

I'll probably go something like this. MM 31/Rang 27/ Nightblade 8

+ Reply to Thread