+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some question about some skills :)

Default Some question about some skills :)

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M_T_..xVM0Ezxkoz

Charge Booster
    What does this spec do excatly? I dont quite understand it

Choking Gas Bomb
    38 Point skill, what does it do when you silence a target?

What are guardians?

An instrument of faith!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheka View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M_T_..xVM0Ezxkoz

Charge Booster
    What does this spec do excatly? I dont quite understand it

Choking Gas Bomb
    38 Point skill, what does it do when you silence a target?
    Charge booster: Every charge on the target gets increased by 1 when detonated.

For example: You put 3 Blast Charges and 2 Spike Charges on your target and press Detonate. You have Charge Booster skilled. This will result in the damage being (3+1) * damage of Blast Charge + (2+1) * damage of Spike Charge + Detonate damage

2nd example: You put 5 Blast Charges on your target and press Detonate. You have Charge Booster skilled. This will result in the damage being (5+1) * damage of Blast Charge + damage of Detonate
    Last edited by Cinerus; 02-24-2011 at 01:49 AM.
    - Kaboomium <The Unnamed> -

Quote Originally Posted by Cinerus View Post
    Charge booster: Every charge on the target gets increased by 1 when detonated.

For example: You put 3 Blast Charges and 2 Spike Charges on your target and press Detonate. You have Charge Booster skilled. This will result in the damage being (3+1) * damage of Blast Charge + (2+1) * damage of Spike Charge + Detonate damage

2nd example: You put 5 Blast Charges on your target and press Detonate. You have Charge Booster skilled. This will result in the damage being (5+1) * damage of Blast Charge + damage of Detonate
    3rd example: You put 1 Blast Charge, 1 Embers Charge, 1 Calthrop Charge, 1 Shrapnel Charge and 1 Splinter Charge on your target.

Damage with Charge Booster: (1+1) * Blast Charge dmg + (1+1) * Embers Charge dmg .... etc etc
    Resulting in all your charges being doubled -> 10 charges worth of damage.

Soulwalker

A silence effect should stop casters from performing spells.

Possibly stops other effects such as taunts, battle crys, fears etc.

I've not played that soul yet, so I'm guessing based on other MMOs I've played

Quote Originally Posted by Samarith View Post
    A silence effect should stop casters from performing spells.

Possibly stops other effects such as taunts, battle crys, fears etc.

I've not played that soul yet, so I'm guessing based on other MMOs I've played
    An 8 second AOE silence sounds too good to be true. I wonder how it'll work, haven't tried it yet. (for example: it might only silence people who are already casting a spell)

An 8 second AOE silence sounds too good to be true. I wonder how it'll work, haven't tried it yet. (for example: it might only silence people who are already casting a spell)
    it works like adhesive bomb. players are snared as long as they're in the graphic on the ground. once they leave it, they're normal run speed. so with choking gas bomb, as long as they're sitting in that cloud of gas, they're silenced. once they leave that area, they can cast again. so it'll be beneficial to place adhesive bomb, then CGB on top of it. for schnitz and giggles, put chemical bomb on top of that just to annoy them :P.

Well, Its pretty high up on the point bar, so maybe

What are guardians?

An instrument of faith!

3rd example: You put 1 Blast Charge, 1 Embers Charge, 1 Calthrop Charge, 1 Shrapnel Charge and 1 Splinter Charge on your target.

Damage with Charge Booster: (1+1) * Blast Charge dmg + (1+1) * Embers Charge dmg .... etc etc
    Resulting in all your charges being doubled -> 10 charges worth of damage.
    o.o

Which actually means that with a pet I could mostely kill any boss (which I would not miss on often)

1 stun charge (+1 from spec) 2sec stun and only one charge cast ---> Stunned most of the time while pet attacks

What are guardians?

An instrument of faith!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheka View Post
    o.o

Which actually means that with a pet I could mostely kill any boss (which I would not miss on often)

1 stun charge (+1 from spec) 2sec stun and only one charge cast ---> Stunned most of the time while pet attacks
    Yup, elites that can be stunned and slowed are free kills (landmines, adhesive bomb, concussive charge, calthrop charge, annihilation bomb)

+ Reply to Thread