+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard: My Guilty Pleasure

Default Bard: My Guilty Pleasure

Why Guilty?

I play an instrument that I once saw in Sleeping Beauty. Musical notes bounce their way to the enemy, assaulting their eardrums, causing damage. "Dah Dah!" My trumpet is often the death blow.

A bard is seriously the geekiest class in this game, or any game I've played. Like paper D&D geeky. Or Larping.

I was embarrassed with the first cadence I played, spinning my camera around, paranoid other players witnessed my strumming.

However, my embarrassment waned as I began to enjoy myself. I found myself turning down the other sounds so I could hear the music. The bard is the most fun I've had on a character in a long time. I usually play a mage, but I'm not into wearing potato sacks as the armor currently looks.

So, tomorrow I'll be plucking and buzzing my way to glory, regardless of my reddend cheeks.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ellej View Post
    Why Guilty?

I play an instrument that I once saw in Sleeping Beauty. Musical notes bounce their way to the enemy, assaulting their eardrums, causing damage. "Dah Dah!" My trumpet is often the death blow.

A bard is seriously the geekiest class in this game, or any game I've played. Like paper D&D geeky. Or Larping.

I was embarrassed with the first cadence I played, spinning my camera around, paranoid other players witnessed my strumming.

However, my embarrassment waned as I began to enjoy myself. I found myself turning down the other sounds so I could hear the music. The bard is the most fun I've had on a character in a long time. I usually play a mage, but I'm not into wearing potato sacks as the armor currently looks.

So, tomorrow I'll be plucking and buzzing my way to glory, regardless of my reddend cheeks.
    I have read so many posts on this site and this is the first that i've felt the need to reply to(maybe it's my insomnia), so congratulations for being my first response.

A little background first, in high school, 16 years ago, i had friends in the popular crowd, nerds, stoners, jocks, and those inbetween such labels.

Being someone who has played their fair share of "paper D&D" and also a a seasoned veteran of "Larping," my initial response was defensive. I then read to the end of your post. I am reminded why i had friends in all social levels throughout my life, you can never judge a book by it's cover, nor should you believe with 100% conviction that someone's opinion is fact.

My best friend sent me a blog from someone whose name i've forgotten, but basically, he talks about how the cult genre is now the main stream and those magic playing socially awkward individuals just know more indepth facts of what is popular today, i.e. random useless star wars facts that today's "popular" teenager has no clue about.

But enough with a tangent, i will say standing in line buying world of warcraft at walmart(also standing in line at midnight for expansion release's) made me feel more "nerdy" then playing a bard slinging musical notes at a red name.

Funnily enough I vowed to my friend early on in beta that I would never play a bard, yet for some reason I made one of my spare soul's on my rogue bard/rs/nb and absolutely loved it, at no point did I feel embarassed while playing this class.

I just loved everything about the soul, especially the fact I could make a big difference to my team in pvp and dungeons, I admit they are not the easiest class to play, but when done right are so much fun.

So I say just play it if you enjoy it and who cares what other people think.

ps my spec at 34 was b 28 rs 13 nb 3

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliiz View Post

ps my spec at 34 was b 28 rs 13 nb 3

Yes, that's where I'm headed. At 50 I'm planning on B:37 RS:16 NB:13 Pvp Spec.

Rift Chaser

Full spec bards are invited to follow me around anytime.

You're embarrassed for easily being the most awesome soul in this game? Man you're messed up.

Play those tunes loud and proud... rock on!
    Last edited by Avir; 02-24-2011 at 01:47 AM.
    Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?

Yes, that's where I'm headed. At 50 I'm planning on B:37 RS:16 NB:13 Pvp Spec.
    Yeah mines similar, I was thinking of b 40 rs 13 ns 13, or maybe b 44 rs 13 ns 9, the last one gives a really nice raid heal on a 1 min cd for those oh crap moment's and the first is more dps/resist's.

Yeah mines similar, I was thinking of b 40 rs 13 ns 13, or maybe b 44 rs 13 ns 9, the last one gives a really nice raid heal on a 1 min cd for those oh crap moment's and the first is more dps/resist's.
    Yes, that 44pt. heal looks nice...selfishly I want the damage from Coup de Grace.

Yes, that 44pt. heal looks nice...selfishly I want the damage from Coup de Grace.
    Lol yeah thats where my first spec comes in, but also has the extra 3% damage on the next tier too with the fire/death resist thrown in

Lol yeah thats where my first spec comes in, but also has the extra 3% damage on the next tier too with the fire/death resist thrown in
    Oh, I hadn't looked at that...trading Unstable state for Fire and Death...nice

Quote Originally Posted by Avir View Post
    You're embarrassed for easily being the most awesome soul in this game? Man you're messed up.

Play those tunes loud and proud... rock on!
    Mmm agreed...I actually perceive the bard to be the coolest looking soul in the game; if anything it promotes social interaction and not the archetypal "rogue loner"...but maybe that's because I never got into the D&D craze
    Last edited by Preyzz; 02-24-2011 at 02:29 AM.
    "Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrows" (Auron, FFX)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenkuro View Post
    Full spec bards are invited to follow me around anytime.
    Having critters follow you around isn't enough,eh?

+ Reply to Thread