+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for Suggestions to complement my Ranger?

Default Looking for Suggestions to complement my Ranger?

I made a ranger in beta got up to level 18. Some how was able to skip my 2nd and 3rd classes. But from what I saw I wanted to put all my points into my Ranger anyways...

I was wondering if I want a good solo/rift build what would you recommend for other classes and is there any example of builds since I really get confused on that.

Thanks
    Check Out My 2017 Let's Play Series (Giveaway Every 5th Episodes 1/5/10/15/etc)
    Cleric - 2017 -Starting from level 1 Zone to Zone exploring / Questing.
    Old Content:
    Cleric - 2014 | Warrior - 2013 | Random - 2011

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kane Hart View Post
    I made a ranger in beta got up to level 18. Some how was able to skip my 2nd and 3rd classes. But from what I saw I wanted to put all my points into my Ranger anyways...

I was wondering if I want a good solo/rift build what would you recommend for other classes and is there any example of builds since I really get confused on that.

Thanks
    I have tried many COMBOS of souls for lvling up in PvE.

I like Ranger/MM/Bard.

THe bard gives some great utilities (take 10 points), ATT BUFF, Run Speed, and Healing.

I took RNG to lvl 24 for the Greater Boar pet (you will need this at higher lvl)..

The rest in Marksman. With this you can get 32 points into Marksman..which is awesome.

This is of course assuming nothing changes at launch!
    Last edited by Hawkeye_HOL; 02-23-2011 at 10:54 PM.
    Look at your post, now back to mine; Now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate content, it could look like mine. Look down, backup, where are you? You're scrolling through threads, reading the post your post could look like. What did you post? Back at mine; It's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again and the reply is now diamonds and unicorns. Anything is possible when you think before you post. The moon is shrinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfheart View Post
    I have tried many COMBOS of souls for lvling up in PvE.

I like Ranger/MM/Bard.

THe bard gives some great utilities (take 10 points), ATT BUFF, Run Speed, and Healing.

I took RNG to lvl 24 for the Greater Boar pet (you will need this at higher lvl)..

The rest in Marksman. With this you can get 51 points into Marksman..which is awesome.

This is of course assuming nothing changes at launch!
    wow really neat. Never thought of a BARD that would be cool for buffs hehe. Any tree's you have an example of?
    Old Content:

Rift Disciple

wow really neat. Never thought of a BARD that would be cool for buffs hehe. Any tree's you have an example of?
    Here you go, mind you, this is a PVE build, not a PVP one:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html
    Look at your post, now back to mine; Now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate content, it could look like mine. Look down, backup, where are you? You're scrolling through threads, reading the post your post could look like. What did you post? Back at mine; It's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again and the reply is now diamonds and unicorns. Anything is possible when you think before you post. The moon is shrinking.

Here you go, mind you, this is a PVE build, not a PVP one:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html
    Thanks so much

edit: ahh hehe did not post your build :O
    Last edited by Kane Hart; 02-23-2011 at 11:12 PM.
    Old Content:

Telaran

If you put 12 points in Bard you get Motif of Regen, a nice HoT spell.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Karpathias View Post
    If you put 12 points in Bard you get Motif of Regen, a nice HoT spell.
    Yes, it is...but..you will not be able to get Strafe.

The heal you get with the talent Invigorated Soul (plus the heal to your pet from RNG) is more that enough to keep you both up and never die!

Rift Disciple

Thanks so much

edit: ahh hehe did not post your build :O
    Heh, try this one:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...xGx000AhdR.Vck

Telaran

Yes, it is...but..you will not be able to get Strafe.

The heal you get with the talent Invigorated Soul (plus the heal to your pet from RNG) is more that enough to keep you both up and never die!
    Yeah, I just did the numbers and figure that one out... math isn't my first language!!

Plane Walker

I don't think you're going to need a bard. Unless you want to aoe3-4 mobs your pet should be able to tank just fine with the heal ranger gets. I posted the following in another thread but it still applies here.

Ranger has 4 classes that would work well as sub builds for the dps passives they give. Left side of MM tree, Right side of BD tree, Left side of Sin tree(although serrated bleed doesn't work for ranged anymore so you have to waste at least 3 points for nothing), and NB has a mix of good passives. I really don't know what is best and what is sub par, it would require extensive math(or dps parsing) which we can't really do right now.

I don't think BD would be so good..it depends on how effective auto attacking is. I've mostly only played a sab so I have no idea if AA are worthwhile. I just figured Doubleshot in ranger tree paired with +50% AA dmg in BD tree would be pretty strong.

What you get from each

BD: +15%dex, +5-8% hit, dex buff, +50% AA dmg, +30%phys dmg for 15s every 2 mins, +1-3% crit chance, and energy refunds for more points. Total=17-22 points.

MM: +5M range, +25% Att Power for 10 seconds after a crit, 20% armor pen, 25% air dmg(based on wep dmg), pedestal for +10% dmg. Total=20 points

Sin: +5%crit chance, +4% phys dmg, +10% dmg on crit for 10 seconds, +20% crit dmg, +5% crit chance for 15 seconds on 20% proc, 2 poison dmg procs, Expose Weakness, stealth. Total=17 points.

NB: +15% combo point skill dmg, +15% finisher skill dmg, +5% dmg for 10 seconds after 20% proc, +3% dmg, stealth, +20% dmg for 8 seconds after coming out of stealth, 1 fire dmg proc. Total=15 points. Optional: Second fire dmg proc, +30% dmg on finishers +30% proc dmg. 25-27 points.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by `xell View Post
    I don't think you're going to need a bard. Unless you want to aoe3-4 mobs your pet should be able to tank just fine with the heal ranger gets. I posted the following in another thread but it still applies here.

Ranger has 4 classes that would work well as sub builds for the dps passives they give. Left side of MM tree, Right side of BD tree, Left side of Sin tree(although serrated bleed doesn't work for ranged anymore so you have to waste at least 3 points for nothing), and NB has a mix of good passives. I really don't know what is best and what is sub par, it would require extensive math(or dps parsing) which we can't really do right now.

I don't think BD would be so good..it depends on how effective auto attacking is. I've mostly only played a sab so I have no idea if AA are worthwhile. I just figured Doubleshot in ranger tree paired with +50% AA dmg in BD tree would be pretty strong.

What you get from each

BD: +15%dex, +5-8% hit, dex buff, +50% AA dmg, +30%phys dmg for 15s every 2 mins, +1-3% crit chance, and energy refunds for more points. Total=17-22 points.

MM: +5M range, +25% Att Power for 10 seconds after a crit, 20% armor pen, 25% air dmg(based on wep dmg), pedestal for +10% dmg. Total=20 points

Sin: +5%crit chance, +4% phys dmg, +10% dmg on crit for 10 seconds, +20% crit dmg, +5% crit chance for 15 seconds on 20% proc, 2 poison dmg procs, Expose Weakness, stealth. Total=17 points.

NB: +15% combo point skill dmg, +15% finisher skill dmg, +5% dmg for 10 seconds after 20% proc, +3% dmg, stealth, +20% dmg for 8 seconds after coming out of stealth, 1 fire dmg proc. Total=15 points. Optional: Second fire dmg proc, +30% dmg on finishers +30% proc dmg. 25-27 points.
    Those are good builds..

I like the other things Bards brings..and ..there are times where your pet is GOING to need to tank 3-4 mobs for you lol.

And the buffs you get from the bard will apply to your pet too..the buff to END, the ATT buff..ect.

I tried all the cobmos, for fast lvling in PVE, my build worked the best for me

I do like the bard idea. Sounds more fun I will be on a PVP server also so extra heals might be a good thing?
    Old Content:

+ Reply to Thread