+ Reply to Thread

Thread: +51 Bladedancer soul

Default +51 Bladedancer soul

Why haven't I noticed this before? Its a "must test" really, 50% crit chance and no energy cost on skills for 21 seconds.

Gheez.
    Play to Crush.

Most people didn't notice it because BD has sucked pretty hard at the lower levels.

And i doubt that the 51 pointer is going to change that fact tbh.
    'I have long since closed my eyes... My only goal is in the Darkness.'

Thats almost as good as the old Kelari racial huh?

I'd like to try it at some point - the Bladedancer was the class that got me thinking about seriously playing Rift in the first place, and it's too bad it ended up being pretty meh.

This build seems pretty fun for PvP, but having only 15 points to spend on other souls kinda sucks: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...idAusRRGdz.V0x
    Saralene - Cleric || Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Saralene View Post
    I'd like to try it at some point - the Bladedancer was the class that got me thinking about seriously playing Rift in the first place, and it's too bad it ended up being pretty meh.

This build seems pretty fun for PvP, but having only 15 points to spend on other souls kinda sucks: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...idAusRRGdz.V0x
    The problem i have with BD is you aren't going to have enough mobility to deal with range / casters and it has very little to deal with a warriors armour.

Prob be a great melee rogue killer, but i don't see it being very effective at much else.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiyu View Post
    The problem i have with BD is you aren't going to have enough mobility to deal with range / casters and it has very little to deal with a warriors armour.

Prob be a great melee rogue killer, but i don't see it being very effective at much else.
    Yea, BD wouldn't be my choice for a main soul at all, and from what I've heard the damage is much less significant compared to other souls, hence why there's 10 points in nightblade for extra 15% damage.

I hope they change it, though, I want it to be a fun class. Anti-melee seems to be it's main purpose in life, but with no armor penetration, you're probably right - targets would be limited to melee rogues, and squishy mages :<

I like your idea, here's mine: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...cb.EidAusRRGdz

Pretty much the same thing but I didn't put anything info Inf, just got it for the CC break. Put 15 points into Rifstalker for planeshifts, Ruthless Stalker and Rift Barrier. Planeshifiting with that 51 ability will increase crit chance to 85%, insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiyu View Post
    .Prob be a great melee rogue killer
    Uh...what isn't a great melee rogue killer?

~Eggs

Quote Originally Posted by Eggs View Post

~Eggs
    I spit my soda out rofl
    Vote for my house - Montigue On Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Eggs View Post

~Eggs
    Good point, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkpro View Post
    I like your idea, here's mine: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...cb.EidAusRRGdz

Pretty much the same thing but I didn't put anything info Inf, just got it for the CC break. Put 15 points into Rifstalker for planeshifts, Ruthless Stalker and Rift Barrier. Planeshifiting with that 51 ability will increase crit chance to 85%, insane.
    Yea, I'm definitely reluctant in any rogue build to not include the Rifstalker for the additional movement. The Ruthless Stalker talent is indeed totally awesome. I wanted the 5 points in infiltrator because the BD doesn't get any armor pen in their tree, which makes the target choice pretty small - by having some armor pen you might be able to go for clerics :<

Just a playstyle choice, I like your idea a lot ^^ Def. stacking the 15% crit after plane shift in my sab build ;)

Soulwalker

Yea, I'm definitely reluctant in any rogue build to not include the Rifstalker for the additional movement. The Ruthless Stalker talent is indeed totally awesome. I wanted the 5 points in infiltrator because the BD doesn't get any armor pen in their tree, which makes the target choice pretty small - by having some armor pen you might be able to go for clerics :<

Just a playstyle choice, I like your idea a lot ^^ Def. stacking the 15% crit after plane shift in my sab build ;)
    I found most shaman and druids to be very squishy with adequate points in assassin/infiltrator. Justicar somewhat less squishy if they were wise enough to switch from their 2H to mace/shield, but just as squishy if they tried to out-DPS me down. Good luck gaining conviction fast enough to heal yourself when my 50% dodge cooldown is up.

Although I must say, the fact that the shaman's self-heal on critical hit is not on the GCD is bull-diddlypoo.

+ Reply to Thread