+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tank Killer?

Soulwalker

Default Tank Killer?

I wanted to start making a build based around PvP tank killing. I've seen a few videos of some warrior souls just rushing in and owning multiple people, and nobody can seem to do much about it.

I don't really play rogue like classes to begin with, and I usually play mage classes.

So I humbly request that this kind sub-forum give me something to start with, any soul that has some kind of armor bypass or intense debuff for instance?

Any other theorycraft (I suppose thats what this would be) is encouraged.
    Last edited by Sultrador; 02-23-2011 at 10:21 PM.

Usually the best way to counter high armor classes is with some combination of non-physical damage, damage over time abilities that aren't mitigated, attacks that reduce or ignore armor, and attacks which reduce healing taken.

Nightblade is probably what you'd want to focus on for killing a tank as a rogue.

Fel blades + Magic damage as majority of your damage = Dead tanks. Just be careful because you'll be super squishy.

Soulwalker

Doesn't armor result in a reduction of all damage types?

EDIT: I got the idea that armor doesn't care what's coming at it from the RIFT 101 Attributes guide in the ZAM Rift wiki. Shown here...http://rift.zam.com/wiki/Rift_101-_A...tes_%28Rift%29

EDIT: Would this work? http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...R.M.xMdqzoRRzz

I was thinking the Debilitating Poison, Disassemble, enhanced dodge/parry with riposte effects, poison and bleeding damage with enhancements, and undodgable attacks could be a step in the right direction.
    Last edited by Sultrador; 02-23-2011 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sultrador View Post
    Doesn't armor result in a reduction of all damage types?

EDIT: I got the idea that armor doesn't care what's coming at it from the RIFT 101 Attributes guide in the ZAM Rift wiki. Shown here...http://rift.zam.com/wiki/Rift_101-_A...tes_%28Rift%29

EDIT: Would this work? http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...R.M.xMdqzoRRzz

I was thinking the Debilitating Poison, Disassemble, enhanced dodge/parry with riposte effects, poison and bleeding damage with enhancements, and undodgable attacks could be a step in the right direction.
    Nope. Armor only affects physical damage taken, and (I think, may need to double check) is calculated before other mitigation effects such as block.
    "Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrows" (Auron, FFX)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiseki View Post
    Usually the best way to counter high armor classes is with some combination of non-physical damage, damage over time abilities that aren't mitigated, attacks that reduce or ignore armor, and attacks which reduce healing taken.
    This, pretty much.
    Former WoW Rogue hero

Soulwalker

If magic damage is the way to go, then wouldn't I just roll a DPS mage?

As a general guideline, warriors are a rock to our scissors. Especially if they are the soul that relies on a shield. The most success I've had in PVP against warriors is simply outlasing them as a bard.

Keep in mind a void knight can hurt you if you go magic based =P So pick your 'tanks' with care.

Sabo or nightblade based builds are probably what you want though. Sabos have a mix of melee and non melee damage, and their main melee damage charge can ignore half of the targets armor. nightblade is self explanatory.

Though i see lots of physical damge classes get armor reducing/ignoring effects.

Keep in mind paladins and reavers have ways of healing themselves. The ability to lower healing is going to help a lot.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Askalskade View Post
    Nightblade is probably what you'd want to focus on for killing a tank as a rogue.

Fel blades + Magic damage as majority of your damage = Dead tanks. Just be careful because you'll be super squishy.
    LOL Sab can kill a tank in secs if played rite

Rift Chaser

You kill a tank class in pvp by killing their pocket healer. That is very hard to do ; but its your best chance.

The most annoying thing to see in a warfront is a Champ bullrushing everone in sight while everyone focuses that guy ; while in the back snickering to himself is an unmolested healer.

Arghhh!!

Are people new to PVP or what is it?

Healers tend to require focus fire-- even if you have every skill inreduced healing debuffs those are not enough to solo one later in the game. I'm sure they help but in reality we need our teams to l2focusfirehealers!

Rift Disciple

I actually found nightblade to be pretty good for this once you get deeper down the tree.

As for being squishy, once you're able to read people better, those CDs you pick up become increasingly potent. Who knows how many times that 80% damage reduction or the miss talent has saved me.

Rift Disciple

Nightblades can do a lot of armor ignoring magic style abilities (many of which are ranged), Assassin's are physical heavy dps that (from behind) can ignore a bunch of armor in later tiers of talents. Sabs can spike a lot of burst damage and fight from "medeum" ranged so you're not right up on'em to begin with; thats always good for catching healers off guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Reoh View Post
    Nightblades can do a lot of armor ignoring magic style abilities (many of which are ranged), Assassin's are physical heavy dps that (from behind) can ignore a bunch of armor in later tiers of talents. Sabs can spike a lot of burst damage and fight from "medeum" ranged so you're not right up on'em to begin with; thats always good for catching healers off guard.
    Assassin is really not a good tank killer, the only armor ignoring abilites they get is the 50% armor reduction on the opener and on Backstab - which is pretty hard to pull off in PVP when the target is trying to kill you at the same time. Aside from that, they have 3 different bleeds (opener, ability, finisher) but that's it.

Xsi

Nightblade + Twilight Force + Imp Twilight Force + Eventide + Ebon Fury (with damage abilities) pretty much owns any melee when you have a hard CC breaker. Unfortunately, Ebon Fury and most CC breakers have a two-minute cooldown.

The best bet is to focus fire with your team/stun/kite.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast