+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rift Scavenger and Planar Switch!

Lightbulb Rift Scavenger and Planar Switch!

Planar Switch:

"The Rogue transfers all existing Combo Points from the previous Combo Point target to the current enemy target. Awards 1 Combo Point. This ability does not trigger global cooldown."

BUT

Rift Scavenger:

Whenever your current Combo Point target is killed, unused Combo Points are refunded, healing you for 6% of your Maximum Health per Combo Point.

How can you transfer combo points to a new target, if they were refunded as health. Maybe they are using the word "refunded" loosely Thoughts?
    Last edited by Brooks; 02-23-2011 at 09:44 PM.
    Apple 13" Aluminum Unibody MacBook/Apple 24" LED Cinima Display
    Mac OS X 10.6.6 (Snow Leopard)/Window 7 Ultimate x64 (Boot Camp)
    Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Memory: 2 x 2GB Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 9400M Hard Drive: Hitachi 160GB
    Rift: Plans of Telara: Brooks-Ethian Rogue Riftstalker-Snarebrush

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Planar Switch:

"The Rogue transfers all existing Combo Points from the previous Combo Point target to the current enemy target. Awards 1 Combo Point. This ability does not trigger global cooldown."

BUT

Rift Scavenger:

Whenever your current Combo Point target is killed, unused Combo Points are refunded, healing you for 6% of your Maximum Health per Combo Point.

How can you transfer combo points to a new target, if they were refunded as health. Maybe they are using the word "refunded" loosely Thoughts?
    Planar Switch wasn't working properly for me on the Beta, so its hard to say. Its possible (and in my opinion likely) that the mob you are transferring the Combo points _from_ will still need to be alive for Planar Switch to work.

Effective Health: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Ranger - Avoidance: 36 Riftstalker/8 Bard/22 Bladedancer - Healthy Mix: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Bladedancer
    Riftstalker Tanking - Key Abilities and Mechanics 2.0
    Zayrinoke, Level 50 Bahmi Rogue - Zerstorer, Level 43 Bahmi Warrior - Asche, Level 20 Kelari Cleric - Haifisch, Level 32 Eth Mage
    Multiple Shards

Haha, that's a good point, but I think the real problem is the 31 point ability is useless garbage. I doubt anyone bothered to test that, as noone would have gotten either of those skills.

The way it works is like this.

Build Combo Points on Target A.
    Use Planar Switch while targeting Target B.
    All Combo Points that were on Target A are now on Target B.

Kill Target A Get no HP refunded.
    Kill Target B Get HP refunded because now your points are on him.

And actually the ability is really useful for some things.

Focus Fire Swapping in PvP comes to mind as one of them. With organized PvP being able to swap who gets hit with the massive Burst DMG is really useful if your in a coordinated Team.
    Last edited by Keysaki; 02-23-2011 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zayrinoke View Post
    Planar Switch wasn't working properly for me on the Beta, so its hard to say. Its possible (and in my opinion likely) that the mob you are transferring the Combo points _from_ will still need to be alive for Planar Switch to work.
    Derp!

That makes sense.

So maybe this ability comes in handy during a needed target switch to regain aggro or something?!?
    Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Memory: 2 x 2GB Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 9400M Hard Drive: Hitachi 160GB

Yes, the previous target must still be alive. Only useful really when tab targeting a bunch of junk or in PvP when your old target gets too far away and you start killing someone else. I don't remember if it has a CD or not....
    Could be used in a low health situation also when a different target in an instance is about to get killed and it's not your current target to switch the combo points to it for a nice heal.

Okay, that all makes more sense now!

I'm doing a last-minute Soul Tree build, so my mind is all over the place.

Thanks for the responses everyone!

+ Reply to Thread