+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Liking for a build similar to EQ2 swashbuckler

Telaran

Default Looking for a build similar to EQ2 swashbuckler

Basically looking for a build that does good sustained dps in solo and groups and that can off_tank in a pinch. So good dps, reasonable mit and avoidance. In the betas I played warrior mostly. On my phone at work so I cannot play with the soul calculator. This well be apve focused build.
    Last edited by SmCaudata; 02-23-2011 at 11:03 PM.

Rift Disciple

The good thing about the game is you can tweak it and respec a billion times untill you get what your looking for.

Dont really remember how the swashbuckler played in eq2 but you can build a rogue that can off tank pretty easy. Just dump some points into the riftstalker soul. dont need to take it all the way up unless you really want to main tank. But thats perfectly possible if thats what you want.

A balance of points between riftstalker and any of the melee dps rogue souls will give you what you are looking for i think.

Full Riftstalker builds are probably capable of some solid DPS in general simply by switching from Guardian Phase to Stalker Phase.

Effective Health: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Ranger - Avoidance: 36 Riftstalker/8 Bard/22 Bladedancer - Healthy Mix: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Bladedancer
    Riftstalker Tanking - Key Abilities and Mechanics 2.0
    Zayrinoke, Level 50 Bahmi Rogue - Zerstorer, Level 43 Bahmi Warrior - Asche, Level 20 Kelari Cleric - Haifisch, Level 32 Eth Mage
    Multiple Shards

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zayrinoke View Post
    Full Riftstalker builds are probably capable of some solid DPS in general simply by switching from Guardian Phase to Stalker Phase.
    Thanks for the replies. I have less time now than I used to when I played the other game. Looking forward to being able to just level 4 characters and have any build at the cost of a respec (ignoring pvp souls).

I'll start out with rift stalker then. Maybe throw in some assassin for stealth/poison.

Rift Disciple

Don't forget Blade Dancer. I didn't play a whole lot of EQ2 but I hear BDs compared to swashbucklers a lot. It's more offensively oriented than Riftstalker, no one will mistake them for a proper tank, but still much better at taking hits than the other rogue souls.

Plane Touched

Go for a Bladedancer main, riftstalker off, build... You will have very high mobility, you can take talents that give you finishers that absorb alot of incomming damage, you can take talents that increase your endurance. In the BD tree you can take talents that improve dodge and parry rating aswell... In addition you will have fine damage, and great-toawesome when popping rhythms with Dancing Steel.
    You will also have a lot of reactionary abilities, and combat is very fast paced.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Arkeid View Post
    Don't forget Blade Dancer. I didn't play a whole lot of EQ2 but I hear BDs compared to swashbucklers a lot. It's more offensively oriented than Riftstalker, no one will mistake them for a proper tank, but still much better at taking hits than the other rogue souls.
    This. When I saw the thread title, I thought "Blade Dancer!" instantly.

BD/Sin/Rift would probably give you that swashy feel. NB could work for you as well, for the sustained damage and pretty much complete freedom from positionals (and the increased melee range). Swashylove.

And not ONLY do you get to functionally change from swash to monk to dirge at a supersaver rate... you never have to kill Pirate Jones. Profit!

+ Reply to Thread