+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RNG/MM/SS or RNG/NB/SS for leveling?

Soulwalker

Default RNG/MM/SS or RNG/NB/SS for leveling?

These are the options I am considering... will marksman abilities be useful do you think, or just redundant with Ranger abilities? Night Blade gets hellfire blades and also the 15% CP damage and 15% Finisher damage. Ranger gets increased range which could be nice.

In the end though, I'll likely be putting a lot more points into Ranger than the other two souls.

Any insights are welcome. Thanks.

Soulwalker

no point of using the MM soul if you want to main soul ranger.

Ranger/NB/ASN for the ASN bleeds. Has good synergy for your pets bleed rage, ect. and 10% more crit is nice. Rng/ASN synergize nicely due to the bleed and crit ragecage you and your pet get.

Soulwalker

RNG/NB/RS or RNG/NB/SS is what I'll be using. They are great builds.

Like you said though, have to go really deep into Ranger to see benefit of this build and I think I'm going to love it.

Oh btw, the reason I choose Riftstalker is obviously for the 15% Attack Power but also the Endurance boost and Blink ability. Blink is huge for bad situations. I already have a stealth ability (I'm not sure how much I'll need it). However, Assassin has nice poison damage and such. I am just unsure as to what I'll need more of; DPS or Survivability. This is personal choice however that changes with play styles but the main part of our builds are going to be rock solid.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Veanor View Post
    no point of using the MM soul if you want to main soul ranger.

Ranger/NB/ASN for the ASN bleeds. Has good synergy for your pets bleed rage, ect. and 10% more crit is nice. Rng/ASN synergize nicely due to the bleed and crit ragecage you and your pet get.
    Serrated blades no longer work with ranged attacks, so there is that to consider. Either way Assassin is in my build though so meh.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Trepper View Post
    Serrated blades no longer work with ranged attacks, so there is that to consider. Either way Assassin is in my build though so meh.
    Did they really change it from Melee weapons to weapons BACK to melee weapons? I was using Serrated Blades in the last Beta and it worked on my ranged attacks, and now they changed it back? *sighs* Can they make up their minds already?
    Last edited by Relentless21; 02-23-2011 at 09:52 PM.

Plane Walker

Ranger has 4 classes that would work well as sub builds for the dps passives they give. Left side of MM tree, Right side of BD tree, Left side of Sin tree(although serrated bleed doesn't work for ranged anymore so you have to waste at least 3 points for nothing), and NB has a mix of good passives. I really don't know what is best and what is sub par, it would require extensive math(or dps parsing) which we can't really do right now.

I don't think BD would be so good..it depends on how effective auto attacking is. I've mostly only played a sab so I have no idea if AA are worthwhile. I just figured Doubleshot in ranger tree paired with +50% AA dmg in BD tree would be pretty strong.

What you get from each

BD: +15%dex, +5-8% hit, dex buff, +50% AA dmg, +30%phys dmg for 15s every 2 mins, +1-3% crit chance, and energy refunds for more points. Total=17-22 points.

MM: +5M range, +25% Att Power for 10 seconds after a crit, 20% armor pen, 25% air dmg(based on wep dmg), pedestal for +10% dmg. Total=20 points

Sin: +5%crit chance, +4% phys dmg, +10% dmg on crit for 10 seconds, +20% crit dmg, +5% crit chance for 15 seconds on 20% proc, 2 poison dmg procs, Expose Weakness, stealth. Total=17 points.

NB: +15% combo point skill dmg, +15% finisher skill dmg, +5% dmg for 10 seconds after 20% proc, +3% dmg, stealth, +20% dmg for 8 seconds after coming out of stealth, 1 fire dmg proc. Total=15 points. Optional: Second fire dmg proc, +30% dmg on finishers +30% proc dmg. 25-27 points.

+ Reply to Thread