+ Reply to Thread

Thread: looking for a good solo build

Rift Disciple

Default looking for a good solo build

So i am definitely making a pure support bard for grouping, i loved them in EQ and i loved them here during beta but for soloing i am looking for something that can get through mobs with minimal downtime, ranger/mm is my fallback but i am taking a hard look at riftstalker/assasin builds or something similar for teleporting across kills fast. I am open to suggestions and discussions.

Rift Disciple

OK well since nobody is forthcoming with suggestions I will post up my idea and see what people think:

LVL 10: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MipM..xu.0m

this is to get a little bit of toughness for the pre-self heal levels, 1-10 go by fast so this should put me in line to get rift scavenger pretty fast and it gives the option to stealth/shadow step/assasinate every 45 seconds or so which at this level should be nearly instant kill and fast travel between mobs.

LVL 15: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MipM..xG0ho.0q

Rift Scavanger finally comes into play, letting me chain kill with almost no downtime (in theory), now I can add to the stealth/shadow step/assasinate combo with mixing in shadow stalk for porting, the Rift Barrier/Cloak and Dagger combo is just getting started here for defense, the idea is not only fast killing but walking away with high health and heals so I don't ever have to stop.

LVL 20: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MipM..xG0uho.0A

Really the last of the defensive points are selected by this point, now everything goes pure offense, grabbing more shadow shift abilities so I can juggle between them and never be waiting to move onto the next target (the goal being never have to walk), after a few points scattered in Riftstalker to reduce cooldowns and increase DPS most points will go into assassin after this, the ultimate goal here is to have a class that can teleport from target to target, knocking them down at a decent pace while leaving each fight getting healed and walking away with full or near full health. I am not sure this gives any survivability for accidental multiple mob pulls but the build is basically for steady killing, not necessarily the fastest or best.

At 40 I am looking to have something similar to this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...q0Mz.0A0Mxcb0d

I am not going higher than that for a posted bill because at 50 none of this will apply since this is for solo leveling only, my group builds will be all support and I haven't decided on what to use for PvP yet.

Plane Touched

Bard will be insanely good during early levels due to cadence+power chord+ coda + runspeed... When your leveling, unless you want to aoe, you pretty much only want to keep the healing and crit motif up. The others are almost only worth it in a group setting. At least until you get resonance.
    Last edited by Mystryl; 02-24-2011 at 05:53 AM.

Bard to 12 points to get Motif of Restoration reduces downtime of any build. The rest is whatever soul fits your playstyle. For example, a Bard/Ranger combo gives you some decent ranged, pet, pet heal, cadence, motif of restoration - all that leads to being able to solo some really tough mobs.

Rift Disciple

I used a bard/ranger/MM build during beta and it was very good but I want to try something a little different for solo, my second build will absolutely be bard heavy for IT runs and PvP but I like the idea of porting across a battlefield while solo, also I got the CE turtle and while ugly it will do the job for movement while leveling.

Rift Disciple

I am also considering a slight change in the bard/ranger build:

LVL 15: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MNci..Vcko.Vh

This gets you the all important pet, increased damage (thus healing) for cadence and power chord and the blink for emergencies or running in PvP with this build

LVL 30: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MNci.EMccu0oo.Vcz.Vb

Switch to this turning the bard portion into a healer/buffer for the pet by spamming cadence and relying on ranger talents for dps, this of course also gives the all important greater pets.

Plane Touched

Early on bard is your best bet. Being the only rogue soul with easy early access to self-heals it is kind of your go to for this.

Once you start getting in the mid 20's you can start to look at combinations of bd/rs or sin/rs to get you through mobs MUCH faster than a bard can without any downtime.

The key points to look for is to have enough points available in your 2nd soul to get rift scavenger from RS. Once you get that you really can start cooking on things.

Personally 30+ I will probably go with something like this: [ur=http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MMVp.0AR0tob..VG0I0s]Level 30 Sin/RS[/url]

It did very well for me in the betas and i found that I much preferred it to Ranger or bard for soloing. It was able to handle multiple mobs at the same time and received self-healing through a combination of rift scavenger and leeching poison. It had stealth and cc for handling multi-mob packs and getting around faster. I found that 4-5 even level mobs died with no problem and I would still walk out with full hp due to rift scavenger. The BD is there just for a good defensive cooldown if a fight goes south.

To expand it as you level I kept putting the points into assassin and eventually got up to the higher tiers of assassin to get some real damage going.

Ive leveled a few rogues to 20 over the betas. Trying different leveling builds.

The solo build in my sig is what i would use if i just wanted to level fast. After that point get the 15% damage bonus to finishers from night blade.

There you have a 30% damage bonus final blow you can use every 4 seconds. cadence -> power chord -> final blow.

Works well.

Once you get to the 30s and have the points for it a nice melee build with a focus on some form of healing like the above poster has is something to look into.

people like rangers, and i have leveled as a ranger, and it is certainly fast kills and little danger. The thing i dont like about it though is you have to run to thw body to loot it. That takes time, and it all adds up. With a bard based build things come to you.
    Last edited by Vabjekf; 02-24-2011 at 07:19 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by gulain View Post
    Early on bard is your best bet. Being the only rogue soul with easy early access to self-heals it is kind of your go to for this.

Once you start getting in the mid 20's you can start to look at combinations of bd/rs or sin/rs to get you through mobs MUCH faster than a bard can without any downtime.

The key points to look for is to have enough points available in your 2nd soul to get rift scavenger from RS. Once you get that you really can start cooking on things.

Personally 30+ I will probably go with something like this: [ur=http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MMVp.0AR0tob..VG0I0s]Level 30 Sin/RS[/url]

It did very well for me in the betas and i found that I much preferred it to Ranger or bard for soloing. It was able to handle multiple mobs at the same time and received self-healing through a combination of rift scavenger and leeching poison. It had stealth and cc for handling multi-mob packs and getting around faster. I found that 4-5 even level mobs died with no problem and I would still walk out with full hp due to rift scavenger. The BD is there just for a good defensive cooldown if a fight goes south.

To expand it as you level I kept putting the points into assassin and eventually got up to the higher tiers of assassin to get some real damage going.
    Hmm I like this idea, looks like I will go with my bard/ranger/nightblade until 30ish then respec it to my straight bard support tree and go with the RS/sin build for solo after that, thanks.

Leveled my Sin to 42 over the beta and have to say out of all the souls I tried Assassin was by far the best for solo leveling(IMO).

Will be going Ranger til level 17 or so on headstart though 'cause release can be a pain for melee souls due to mob tagging :/
    Ktperry, 50 Dwarf Marksman

Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post
    Leveled my Sin to 42 over the beta and have to say out of all the souls I tried Assassin was by far the best for solo leveling(IMO).

Will be going Ranger til level 17 or so on headstart though 'cause release can be a pain for melee souls due to mob tagging :/
    I think it is very good idea.

+ Reply to Thread