+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thought on soul synergy

Soulwalker

Default Thought on soul synergy

So i was playing around with some builds recently, I'm mainly focused around MM PVE ( really enjoy the soul )
    I see everyone talking about the common combinations of MM/NB/x
    x being Ranger, Sab, Sin or Bard.

I can see how you can benefit from the pet/snare from ranger
    or the snare for 0 points in sab
    or the damage buffs from sin
    or the healing from bard

But I was thinking on the other hand a MM/NB/RS build where MM is the main spec and it grabs damage buffs from NB and more survivability from RS, I mean if kiting is the problem why not balance it out a little bit with a few bubbles shields and extra damage mitigation? Also you get shadow shift which is like a retreat, sorta. and there are a few damage buffs in the RS tree, but paired with plane shift

Or am i terribly wrong and this idea has been tested and failed? Basically is the damage output just really bad for MM when paired with RS?

heres the link, kinda pseudo, haven't really tweaked it perfectly yet
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0t0M.E00Iu0z0z

any criticism, thoughts or outbursts of hate are welcome

Soulwalker

For survivabilty, RS can help. But, in a min/maxing PVE world, you are going to go MM/NB/BD or MM/NB/ASN.

In the two betas i participated in, http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...dR.V0x.VV0Vzoz MM/NB/BD was amazing, including the +15% dex from BD. I hit 42 the last beta, so obiviously I didnt use a level 50 tree, so my 43-50 level points are theorycrafting.

BD adds some survivabilty cooldowns for dodge if that elite/champion chases you down, and you get your cool guy stealth from the NB tree.

WTB vanilla WoW shadowmeld Aimed shot, where i could 1 shot mages and priests before they saw me

But anyway, for synergy sake, and pure (think theorycrafting) dps at 50, MM/NB/BD or ASN will seem to be high synergy/ease of play.

Soulwalker

Ah I see thanks for your input, lol and yeah shadowmeld + aimed shot would be amazing haha.

Ranger or Mark... Other two souls IMO should be NB/BD
    Looking for a Hardcore PvP / PvE Gaurd Guild - EST

Send me a PM!

Soulwalker

I thought that if what you wanted from BD was the 15% dex, youd go into sab for it, considering you only have to spend 5 points. Also would 15% attack power be more beneficial or 15% to dex in terms of damage?

+ Reply to Thread