+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: All Bard Raid

Soulwalker

Default All Bard Raid

Doable?

Have one Riftstalker Bard and the rest just whatever maximized cadence and do that nonstop.

Telaran

Would be interesting to see. And once enough Rogue's he Level 50 and start getting bored, I am sure a group will attempt it.

RIFT Guide Writer

Strangely enough I've been trying to convince my mates to go all bard without much success. I'm a MMORPG n00b but so that doesn't count for much. beta of this was the first one I've played. Lol.

Default Don't do it.

Although it might be successful a stunt like this accomplishes 2 things.

1.) Shows you what happens in a very bizzare circumstance

2.) If successful gets you nerfed into oblivion because the "OMG WHAT IF EVERYONE WAS A BARD!" factor that Trion would have to account for.

To be honest though I have no seen any buffs on any soul tree that looked so stellar that I thought it could compensate from leather all the way to plate.... spike damage on raids in most MMOs can be HUGE... 1 shot kill a real tank if they don't have the right gear... I doubt a bard could ever get high enough mitigation to survive a single spike.

Every single time a new MMO comes out, people start theorycrafting about stacking a raid with one specific hybrid build. It never works (at least, it's never efficient).

Edit: In this case, it won't work because there are enrage timers in Rift. Bard DPS is less than half of what a real DPS spec can dish out.
    Last edited by Dinadass; 02-23-2011 at 06:24 PM.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

So what's a bard???? Here it comes!! lol

Soulwalker

Actually, a full hybrid raid has work and been pretty successful in mutiple occassions.

World Of Warcraft
    -25 Paladin Raids (cleared all of WOTLK content)
    -12 Druids killed 25m Nefarian
    -28 Druids Cleared AQ40 about 1 month after release
    -24 Priests and 1 Druid (tank) had a world record Ony kill

Everquest 1 -

40 Paladins cleared Plane of Time (well, that was post Paladin buffage hardcore) which was a pretty ridiclous becasue Quarm's 3rd head was almost impossible to tank unless you had a 4 cleric CH chain.

But anyway, I think the OP was getting at a the ability of mutiple of bards dpsing and healing at the same time while 1-2 Bards have less soul points into bard and more into riftstalker.

Depending on how hard end-game bosses hit, the spike damage might be hard for bards to heal through. That being said, it is 100% possible and will happen with full cleric raids, lol

I would suspect we'll see full Rogue or full Cleric Raids that manage to down some content, and possibly all content, depending upon how difficult things are tuned, the nature of hardmodes (if those even exist) vs normal modes, and so on. Mechanics also feature heavily when you start limiting things down to a single class, albeit you're not NEARLY so limited with going all Rogue in this game as you are in others.

So while we might not see some uber stacking of just Bards pumping out so much blanket AoE Healing that even spikes are taken care of with relative ease, but nothing dies in a timely manner, that doesn't necessarily mean we won't see a double Riftstalker Raid with a bunch of Bards and then a bunch of pure DPS Rogues down content.

I'd love to see it, those kinds of things are interesting to watch/take part in.

Well I'm sure a full cleric raid will be possible, and a full rogue one might work too. More as a fun "hey look what we did" thing than a legitimate raid setup though.

I will say that I can definitely see some 5 rogue groups being the first to do the various "Complete X zone in expert mode in 25 minutes or less" since they'll be able to all switch to a stealth role to skip everything except the bosses, and then go to a Riftstalker tank, 2-3 bards for healing, 1-2 DPS for the actual bosses.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Leather wouldn't need to be compensated for plate with every bard spamming motif of regen and cadence...

That's like 100% hp damn near 100% of the time no matter what's on you.

5 Cadences + 5 Coda of Wrath spam = aoe pwn.

... yea i think this would work flawlessly.

and all you gotta do is assign one bard one motif.... no more motif spam. This sounds better and better the more i think about it.
    Last edited by Skyline; 02-23-2011 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    Leather wouldn't need to be compensated for plate with every bard spamming motif of regen and cadence...

That's like 100% hp damn near 100% of the time no matter what's on you.

5 Cadences + 5 Coda of Wrath spam = aoe pwn.

... yea i think this would work flawlessly.

and all you gotta do is assign one bard one motif.... no more motif spam. This sounds better and better the more i think about it.
    If we're talking a poorly specced RS at the helm for Tanking... no the damage can come MUCH faster than the healing can keep up.

Now a properly specced RS will not need to worry about hits that drop him to 10% every time so the Healing would likely be sufficient, not capped at 100% necessarily but sufficient. The issue then becomes not one of sustainability, but one of time. If a Boss enrages in 10min and is tuned for a proper raid setup with a nice chunk of "real" DPS, as in DPS specced accordingly, then too many Bards to ensure Tank and Raid survival could screw the deal. No enrage mechanics though and... lol... GG

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Veanor View Post

Everquest 1 -

40 Paladins cleared Plane of Time (well, that was post Paladin buffage hardcore) which was a pretty ridiclous becasue Quarm's 3rd head was almost impossible to tank unless you had a 4 cleric CH chain.

l
    ahh the memories...

Soulwalker

I think we call this "The Orchestra".

For large raids.

Smaller ones its like "the band"...

I really wish bards could at least equip instruments in some kind of slot. The idea of epic blue and purple guitars is just too awesome... guitars like "Lucille"... "Blackie"... "Nancy"... "Pearly Gates"... "Stormbringer II", " etc...

Telaran

riftstalker basically has heavy armor with all the + armor stuff.

I guess it depends on how much into bard the tank would have to be;
    the rift-stalker could tank it, but to get all the goodies they'd have more points in rift-stalker than bard

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast