+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assasin good to level up with?

Rift Disciple

Default Assasin good to level up with?

Since many of the spells are behind target... Is Assasin a good spec to level up with?

Shadowlander

I leveled up mine from 20-29 in Beta 7 just fine, the positional requirements are only on a few abilities most of the main ones are without those requirements. My biggest suggestion though is to make a macro like:

cast Backstab
    cast Savage Strike

It will allow you to hit 1 key and either backstab if ur behind or savage strike if ur not, took away the carpel tunnel I was suffering from hitting both buttons.

From 6 to 16... not really.
    From 16 onward... yes, they're good.

Paralyzing strike + Backstab makes all the difference in the world, and then Leaching Poison at 20 is the icing on the cake. Paralyzing Strike, 3x Backstabs, Final Blow = mob is stunned from 100% to 20% of it's health.

It doesn't do as well against multiple targets as some other rogue builds, but that's what incapacitate is for. Also, if you go Nightblade as a secondary, their incapacitate with a 20 meter range is amazing and I use it constantly.

The one other area it's a bit weak in is trying to solo elite mobs for quests that are meant for 2 or 3 players. But those are few and far between, and you can always have a different role saved that works better for those fights. For 99% of leveling, Assassin as a main soul works great.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

it works.. but every other soul does it better. in fact name any situation that an assassin will have in pve and i can guarantee the exact same build of nightblade does it better. not to mention it's ability to snare and spam ranged attacks killing mobs without taking a single hit.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

I played an assassin main with nightblade and riftstalker over open beta, and I found it a very good class to solo with. The thing about assassin is they give you those poison buffs. USE THEM! They really make a difference, even if they only have a 20% chance of doing damage, but later they can be upgraded to do even more damage and have a 30% chance. Another thing I maxed out was Serrated Blades, which puts a bleed on the target that does 180% weapon damage every time you crit. And if you already have the Nightblade's Crit passive maxed and the increased crit for Savage Strike, you'll be critting a lot. Not to mention you can use the Fiery Spikes from Nightblade to add CPs at range and add more DoT. Assassin is a very good melee damage dealer, imo, and comboed with Riftstalker adds a bit more survivability as well.
    Last edited by Grymivorsa; 02-23-2011 at 03:56 PM.

Rift Disciple

Which soul should I start off with then? And is it relatively easy to swap souls and fast learn a new build? Etc. if Im used to be a ranger, is it then hard to understand, what I should spec and what abiltiies I should use when I respec?

+ Reply to Thread