+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Leveling as Mele

Rift Disciple

Default Leveling as Mele

Yay i can post now! I coud only read so much more on here without activating.

As far as MMOs go, ive pretty much played them all and ALWAYS go for the rogue/assassin type class first.

I only got to level 7 in beta because i started to late, but i was sin/nb/bd with my main soul being BD. From what i have been reading the past few days on here BD is not really as good as other souls. I definitely want to go sin as my main soul at max level for pvp but have NO clue what i want to do for a leveling mele class.

How is the sin/rift/nb combo? If its terrible please tell me lol and let me know what you guys that are leveling mele plan on doing.

thanks!

Rift Disciple

friendly bump

Soulwalker

Shadowlander

i got to lvl 25 on my sin/rift/nb and i loved it, was very easy to take on mobs and if there were two i could just use lost soul and incapicitate them from 20m away, also the rift skill tree adds a lot of surviviablity if you need it

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by mudshovell View Post
    i got to lvl 25 on my sin/rift/nb and i loved it, was very easy to take on mobs and if there were two i could just use lost soul and incapicitate them from 20m away, also the rift skill tree adds a lot of surviviablity if you need it
    What was your main soul?

Shadowlander

10 points into NB for the 15% dam inc all around and then the rest into assasin, i was able to drop most mobs by the time the stun from para strike wore off

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by mudshovell View Post
    10 points into NB for the 15% dam inc all around and then the rest into assasin, i was able to drop most mobs by the time the stun from para strike wore off
    What about Rift?

i played riftstalker/bladedancer and a couple things helped leveling alot.. the talent in riftstalker where unused combo points healed you for a % of your health, helped an amazing amount with multi mob pulls, as well as chain pulling, also, the conal melee style, conal finisher in bladedancer

i was main rift, partial blade... the 30% armor finisher lasts 60secs, as does the 5% dodge finisher, and the 6atk finisher.. take the dmg absorb shield whenever you port, as well as the increased crit after port

i would port from mob to mob, use finishers to keep buffs up, use combo points to heal as needed.. was very smooth sailing all the way from 20-30

Shadowlander

i didnt have to put any in rift for survivability at 25, i messed around with it on the last day of the beta with most pts being in rift for pvp and i like it, rift is good for tanking in instances which i did try at like lvl 20

Soulwalker

assassin provides you the dps, Nightblade provides you some extra dps, along with ranged skills , and riftstalker gives you survivability and lots of blinks and some dps too. nice for pvp , if you want a really fast lvling spec just level assassin/nb and leave riftstalker just for the blink untrained.

some example builds for lvl 25 :
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MMip.0V0c.ihxMh0x
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MMip.MVMcxob.i0x
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MMip.MV.b.VuoI0q0M
    Last edited by xristoskifisia; 02-23-2011 at 05:49 PM.

Yeah i would also agree that Riftstalker is great for leveling if your looking for Melee. The healing abilities alone are really helpful and the buffs you gain from ports are fantastic.

There is a great Riftstalker/Assassin thread that I started if you want any build ideas and or tips from other people. Check it out.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...76#post1198976

Quote Originally Posted by reinert012 View Post
    Yay i can post now! I coud only read so much more on here without activating.

As far as MMOs go, ive pretty much played them all and ALWAYS go for the rogue/assassin type class first.

I only got to level 7 in beta because i started to late, but i was sin/nb/bd with my main soul being BD. From what i have been reading the past few days on here BD is not really as good as other souls. I definitely want to go sin as my main soul at max level for pvp but have NO clue what i want to do for a leveling mele class.

How is the sin/rift/nb combo? If its terrible please tell me lol and let me know what you guys that are leveling mele plan on doing.

thanks!
    For leveling any Calling, I would tell anyone to get a pet soul, even if you spend zero points in it. Pets help so much while leveling it is a must-have. Druid pet doesn't help as much as the others.

For you, it's Ranger. Free pet = free passive damage and free agro hog. If the server has 3 seconds of lag, your pet still does damage. If your video driver hits a slow point, your pet is still doing damage. Melee all you want, if you have a pet, it won't hurt you. This all presumes you know how to handle a pet properly. Learning how to do it is valuable - even if you don't end up playing a pet class in end-game. (You will understand what other players do, to control their pets.)

The level zero pets don't really go past level 24 ish, even when you rank up the spells, so after that, this advice doesn't hold. But, by then you will have a much better feel for the game, and you can always swap out a zero-point soul for free anytime anywhere.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by xristoskifisia View Post
    assassin provides you the dps, Nightblade provides you some extra dps, along with ranged skills , and riftstalker gives you survivability and lots of blinks and some dps too. nice for pvp , if you want a really fast lvling spec just level assassin/nb and leave riftstalker just for the blink untrained.

some example builds for lvl 25 :
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MMip.0V0c.ihxMh0x
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MMip.MVMcxob.i0x
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MMip.MV.b.VuoI0q0M

Your the man, im definitely liking this one: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MMip.MVMcxob.i0x. I liked NB in the beta but wasnt liking some of the ranged stuff..i really like pure mele style..personal pref.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    For leveling any Calling, I would tell anyone to get a pet soul, even if you spend zero points in it. Pets help so much while leveling it is a must-have. Druid pet doesn't help as much as the others.

For you, it's Ranger. Free pet = free passive damage and free agro hog. If the server has 3 seconds of lag, your pet still does damage. If your video driver hits a slow point, your pet is still doing damage. Melee all you want, if you have a pet, it won't hurt you. This all presumes you know how to handle a pet properly. Learning how to do it is valuable - even if you don't end up playing a pet class in end-game. (You will understand what other players do, to control their pets.)

The level zero pets don't really go past level 24 ish, even when you rank up the spells, so after that, this advice doesn't hold. But, by then you will have a much better feel for the game, and you can always swap out a zero-point soul for free anytime anywhere.
    Great advice thanks. I am super familiar with pets in MMOs, ive played a hunter in WoW for years. Just thinking of a rogue class with a pet is just kind of funny to me and different, but that definitely seems like a possibility to hit 25 or so when the pet wont be of use, then maybe i could go sin/nb/rift or ranger for the crit.

like i said, the single most valuable points i spent were on the heal yourself with leftover combo points skill

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast