+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MM gain AP from STR and DEX of just DEX?

Soulwalker

Default MM gain AP from STR and DEX of just DEX?

Just like the title asks. I read in a previuos post that rogues ap would be 50% str and 50% dex just checking on the accuracy of this, thanks.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by dave71176 View Post
    Just like the title asks. I read in a previuos post that rogues ap would be 50% str and 50% dex just checking on the accuracy of this, thanks.
    Yes Str + Dex = Ap
    and its the same for all rogues.

Dex is where we also get crit from so its a bit more important.

Realize that there is only one stat for crit and its called melee crit.. but melee crit = ranged crit as well. They are one and the same. It confuses a lot of people.
    Physical damage is also melee and ranged. To make it more confusing if an ability says "This adds to ranged crit%" then it does only ranged ; If the ability just says +% to crit then it means all crit.

We do absolutely benefit from str though.

Str is parry
    and Dex is dodge too.
    Last edited by Beans; 02-23-2011 at 04:07 PM.

Does anyone know if physical crit applies to just auto attack or skills as well? And if on skills, would the MM talent that causes #% of attacks to cause air damage instead exclude this bonus?

or would spell crit apply to skills such as swift shot / deadeye / strafe....etc
    Last edited by deadairrt; 02-23-2011 at 04:21 PM.
    CPU: Core i7 3.06GHz Quad-Core ~ MB: Asus Rampage III Formula ~ RAM: G.Skill DDR3 1333 24GB(6x4GB)
    Monitor: Acer 21.5" LCD/LED x2 ~ GPU: XFX Radeon 5770x2 CrossfireX ~ Boot: Crucial C300 SSD Sata III 64GB
    MM/Rngr/RftStlkr - Pew Pew Run Port

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by deadairrt View Post
    Does anyone know if physical crit applies to just auto attack or skills as well? And if on skills, would the MM talent that causes #% of attacks to cause air damage instead exclude this bonus?

or would spell crit apply to skills such as swift shot / deadeye / strafe....etc
    Don't worry about spell crit ever.

All Rogue abilities, whether they are spells, or physical attacks, or purple flowers sprouting from their eyes, scale and work with physical stats.

If you see something that doesn't... Bug report it.

The game manual pdf says rogues' ap (attack power) comes from dex and not strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Yes Str + Dex = Ap
    and its the same for all rogues.

Dex is where we also get crit from so its a bit more important.

Realize that there is only one stat for crit and its called melee crit.. but melee crit = ranged crit as well. They are one and the same. It confuses a lot of people.
    Physical damage is also melee and ranged. To make it more confusing if an ability says "This adds to ranged crit%" then it does only ranged ; If the ability just says +% to crit then it means all crit.

We do absolutely benefit from str though.

Str is parry
    and Dex is dodge too.
    This is the known information since beta. HOWEVER, If you read the manual guide from release launcher, things are different. I think we may need to recheck.

Quote Originally Posted by dave71176 View Post
    It will tell you on your character sheet, just mouse over each stat, and it gives you a breakdown. The way stats interact is based on Calling.

I will help you out, for the Rogue Calling, 2 pts of Dex raises attack power by 1, and 2 pts of Str also raises attack power by 1. (They raise other things too, which is why i said check your char sheet. Like Dex affects dodge, Str affects parry, etc)

Pretty sure the manual saying AP is 100% dex for rogues is out dated. Either that or Trion better have re-itemized 80% of the leather gear in the game between the end of beta and tomorrow.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Its 50% from Str, and 50% from Dex... Either way, you shouldn't have many str items as a rogue, dex is far more valuable for its crit bonus.

Warriors are 70% AP from Str, and 30% from dex.

Mages are 50/50 wis/int for SP.

and Clerics are 70/30 wis/int for SP.

+ Reply to Thread