+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for Ideas for a Ranger Main soul Rogue

Default Looking for Ideas for a Ranger Main soul Rogue

Sup,

During Beta phases 1-6 i played a marksman main soul rogue (MM/Rng/Sin) but during beta 7 I gave the ranger soul a try and for me (this is strictly PVE mind you) it seemed to do more dmg. Not only that but I thought it was fun, Divert rage + Trick shot + Rain of arrows....nuff said. Anywho I'm trying to decide how I should spec for live. I am aware of all the recent leaked alpha nerfs to MM, RNG, and Sin (serrated blades) and have replaced my sin soul with a night blade...but i can't seem to spec a Ranger mained soul without dumping at least 37 points into it.

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated

My proposed Spec

I played a Mark/Ranger/Sabo during beta 5,6,&7 only getting her to lvl 36, but let me tell ya, i loved her, very much lol.

That being said, are you going primarily as a ranged dpser? If so, i'm gonna throw in a few coppers and hopefully no one will judge me to harshly as i'll explain why I would change XYZ.

First, get rid of doubleshot. That's 5 points freed up. Why get rid of it? Cause how often are you going to be AUTO attacking? As in not hitting the button of another ability? I never allowed auto attack to work for me, I worked my fave abilities instead of it having enough down time to allow auto attack to even work.

I would put points into repelling shot. Why? Cause if an npc comes at you, it's a knock back and enough time for you to get the pet taking the aggro. Also in PVP, knock ur person back, throw crippling on them to slow them down, then you have a little more time to do either more damage, or if out lvled run like fire etc. It buys you time, and if you have a combo ready, there ya go.

Single minded focus...YUM! Killer Instinct even yummier! There would still need to be some items freed to get everything i mentioned, but think about the difference. Again, if your going 100% ranged......

My thoughts, hopefully you can see where it might help. I'm no expert, nor do I claim to be =).

GL!

Guardians of Deepwood

Soulwalker

Default Looks good, heres my thoughts...

Looking over the ranged rogue souls over and over again, In my opinion I plan on boosting only two souls

<a href="http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0McNf..EMsfz0osoVz.Eot0qo0uzR">Bard (0) / Ranger (34) / Marksman (32)</a>

Instead of spreading myself too thin over three souls, with this build I get the top tier ability of both souls.

Ranger is great for PVE and the Marksman is great for PVP.

What are your thoughts?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by One Shot One Kill View Post
    Looking over the ranged rogue souls over and over again, In my opinion I plan on boosting only two souls

<a href="http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0McNf..EMsfz0osoVz.Eot0qo0uzR">Bard (0) / Ranger (34) / Marksman (32)</a>

Instead of spreading myself too thin over three souls, with this build I get the top tier ability of both souls.

Ranger is great for PVE and the Marksman is great for PVP.

What are your thoughts?
    My first thought would be to have one Role with Ranger for PvE Questing/Leveling and one role for PvP. I'm considering a Ranger/Bard/Sab for PvE leveling and MM/NB/Sab for PvP (The PvP soul could be used for Grouping if you don't want to mess with a pet). I'm not 100% on Sab for my 3rd Soul in the PvE role but as zero points gives me the snare I can live with it for now.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Beastn View Post
    Sup,

During Beta phases 1-6 i played a marksman main soul rogue (MM/Rng/Sin) but during beta 7 I gave the ranger soul a try and for me (this is strictly PVE mind you) it seemed to do more dmg. Not only that but I thought it was fun, Divert rage + Trick shot + Rain of arrows....nuff said. Anywho I'm trying to decide how I should spec for live. I am aware of all the recent leaked alpha nerfs to MM, RNG, and Sin (serrated blades) and have replaced my sin soul with a night blade...but i can't seem to spec a Ranger mained soul without dumping at least 37 points into it.

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated

My proposed Spec
    I tried many combos through out the betas..the best I tried is Ranger/MM/Bard.

The utility (ATT BUFF, Run Speed, Healing) you get with the Bard soul makes it awesome for PvE.

For PVP I go differently.
    Last edited by Hawkeye_HOL; 02-23-2011 at 07:05 PM.
    Look at your post, now back to mine; Now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate content, it could look like mine. Look down, backup, where are you? You're scrolling through threads, reading the post your post could look like. What did you post? Back at mine; It's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again and the reply is now diamonds and unicorns. Anything is possible when you think before you post. The moon is shrinking.

Soulwalker

What I'm looking at for tomorrow...PvE/questing build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...coVz.V0tMG0g.V

Gives me multiple snares, lots of +damage from Nightblade, also Hellfire Blades and Smouldering Blades.

For max single target damage in pet-unfriendly encounters, I'll pick up MM soul @ level 13, swap it in for rifting and dungeons/raids.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...hubo.V0tMG0T.V

I think I really like this multiple Soul/Role setup, gives me all KINDS of options

Soulwalker

Depending upon a couple of things, I plan to go 40+ into Ranger.

Ranger/Nightblade/Riftstalker

However, Riftstalker upon my uses is interchangable with a few souls...

-If I need the extra DPS I will go into Marksmen.
    -Extra DPS and more stealth I will go to Assassin.
    -More of a group style leveling/raiding/whatever I'll go into Bard for healing pet and small buffs for team.

Having said all this there are plenty of builds within each 3 soul combo that I like according to my play style.

Yet I will always be deep into Ranger. Loved that class in the beta. Also, it has loads of helpful skill and natural stacking abilities. Man I am so excited.
    Last edited by McPapples; 02-23-2011 at 08:11 PM.

Yeah as told up before you can easily get rid of doubleshot....Also you can get rid of Nightblade and take instead Riftstalker; thus making you souls Ranger/MM/Riftstalker...

a) Put first five points into Riftstalker - at 0 points you get planar shift (a blink) and with 5 points you get Unseen fury: Gives 15% more ap.
    b) The points freed from Doubleshot can be used in MM tree Master archer skill giving you "25% chance to proc damage amount depending on your weapon".

I would go with this:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....VMcfu0ksoVz.V

When it comes to collecting points then you want to focus on ranger early on, then goto marksmen and finally take the 5 points from Riftstalker (these 5 points come handy later on)...

edit: this all depends tho on howmuch your weapon does of you damage...
    Last edited by Artemiste; 02-23-2011 at 08:26 PM.

Ranger/Nb/BD for leveling

Mark/Nb/BD for pvp / end game raiding
    Looking for a Hardcore PvP / PvE Gaurd Guild - EST

Send me a PM!

Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    Ranger/Nb/BD for leveling

Mark/Nb/BD for pvp / end game raiding
    Could you explain your reasoning?

Soulwalker

Personally I expect to be one of the select few who run with a 51 pt Ranger build.

Note: This is simply speculation and me being alone in the "pure" build should be taken with a grain of salt due to this fact.

+ Reply to Thread