+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Seems like a pretty hard NERF on ranged souls...

Shadowlander

Default Seems like a pretty hard NERF on ranged souls...

MARKSMAN
    * Swift Shot: Damage reduced.
    * Empowered Shot: Damage reduced.
    * Deadeye Shot: Damage reduced.
    * Strafe: Damage reduced.
    * Hasted Shot: Damage reduced.
    * Marksmanís Pedestal: Damage bonus has been increased from 5% to 10%.
    * Sniperís Pedestal: Damage bonus has been increased from 25% to 30%.

RANGER
    * Dire Wolf, Blood Raptor: Damage reduced.
    * Shadow Fire: Damage reduced.
    * Splinter Shot: Damage reduced.

Anybody know why this was absolutely necessary right before release?

Quote Originally Posted by Reever View Post
    MARKSMAN
    * Swift Shot: Damage reduced.
    * Empowered Shot: Damage reduced.
    * Deadeye Shot: Damage reduced.
    * Strafe: Damage reduced.
    * Hasted Shot: Damage reduced.
    * Marksman’s Pedestal: Damage bonus has been increased from 5% to 10%.
    * Sniper’s Pedestal: Damage bonus has been increased from 25% to 30%.

RANGER
    * Dire Wolf, Blood Raptor: Damage reduced.
    * Shadow Fire: Damage reduced.
    * Splinter Shot: Damage reduced.

Anybody know why this was absolutely necessary right before release?

not certain, but i think in MM's case, high level strafe was causing damage figures to multiply by, iunno, the square root of minus one, instakilling everything for ridiculous numbers.

Still, I'm reserving judgement until I see what the reductions actually are, and how MM/Ranger play post nerf. Trion has had a steady hand with nerfs so far.
    Last edited by Heimdall; 02-23-2011 at 02:14 PM.
    "They make a desert and they call it 'peace'"

Because MM was dealing an Obscene amount of dmg at 30+

Strafe was able to crit for 3000+

I don't mind damage reductions as long as they're not ridiculous.

The serrated blades nerf is what bothers me. Weaken it drastically for ranged (how does 50% weapon damage for 3/3 sound?) and make it have some sort of effect. We want soul synergy!

Rift Disciple

slightly off topic from OP (sorry) but speaking of ranged classes...anyone know if the keen eye from MM works with bard song attacks?

Ascendant

Cos MM was doing a ton of damage and was very mobiel to boot, specially when mixed with other souls which gave them a host of snares or teleports. Perhaps they did the wrong type of nerf but a nerf was definitely needed

Telaran

While I agree MM needed a nerf, I don't understand where this 3k+ strafe number is coming from. At level 42, I was critting for half that, and was lucky to hit 2500+ together with a strafe and DE crit. Seems like someone overstated MM damage to make a point and then everyone jumped on the 3k+ bandwagon.

Soulwalker

Default No such thing as a nerf pre-release

The game hasn't even released yet. They are just doing final class balancing. You should wait until the game goes live and take everything from that point forward. Nothing until then really matters, it is just all tests, tuning, and tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane View Post
    While I agree MM needed a nerf, I don't understand where this 3k+ strafe number is coming from. At level 42, I was critting for half that, and was lucky to hit 2500+ together with a strafe and DE crit. Seems like someone overstated MM damage to make a point and then everyone jumped on the 3k+ bandwagon.
    just cause you couldnt do it doesnt mean it is impossible.

same thing with assassin, while everyone was moaning on teh boards about no burst and weak dps overall, i was critting on final blows for 1500-2000. You build may not be optimal (for high end crits), or maybe you didnt get to the best gear that was available in beta.

beyond that. Trion has all the info available to them through the backend of the game. Im sure they made the decision based on actual data, and not anecdotal opinions about random pvp encounters without any fixed variables.

Telaran

This is the build I was using:http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...dR.VMo.0VMcx0o

I was using an 18 DPS gun with puzzle purples. As you can see, I was pretty much specced for crits. Magnify pain would've helped, but it wouldn't have pushed my numbers to what people are saying. Furthermore, people are stating that strafe was critting for that much as soon as they picked it up, which is like 10 levels below the cap in the beta.

Anyways, I never said my anecdotal evidence meant that MM was fine. As I've stated many times now, MM was due for a balance. I was just simply stating that people were being hyperbolic in quoting the numbers their strafe was pulling in.

i can post fake numbers too

A warrior crit me for 10 million

A mage had me CCd for 36.432 minutes

A Cleric out healed my damage indefinitely

(last one is real)

People make numbers up because they get beat by better people, or their soul combo doesn't match up well against it. I wonder if people know that strafe no longer is 4 crits in a row but 4 unique chances to crit. This already destroyed any large damage the MM had.

I would love to see a video with strafe ever getting 3000 dmg total.
    CPU: Core i7 3.06GHz Quad-Core ~ MB: Asus Rampage III Formula ~ RAM: G.Skill DDR3 1333 24GB(6x4GB)
    Monitor: Acer 21.5" LCD/LED x2 ~ GPU: XFX Radeon 5770x2 CrossfireX ~ Boot: Crucial C300 SSD Sata III 64GB
    MM/Rngr/RftStlkr - Pew Pew Run Port

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Keysaki View Post
    Because MM was dealing an Obscene amount of dmg at 30+

Strafe was able to crit for 3000+
    Where are you getting your info, It's a channeling skill, not a spike, and didn't do anywhere near 3k damage at lvl 30. Strafe was good, but not OP.

Telaran

Hmm I remember when me and a friend got 31/32 we wanted to test out abilities and his strafe with the autoattack/procs were able to take me 100-0. However on the flip side we ended up dueling and I beat him (with like 70% hp left) since twilight shelter > strafe. Although then his 2nd role is mainly sin and he ended up beating me several times when he switched to that.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane View Post
    LOL lucky to hit 2500 dmg! This doesnt seem OP to? I mean as a mage that wears cloth and is the squishiest of them all at 42 I didnt even crit for 1000 dmg. Thats with all blue and crafted gear runed right out the wazoo.

The fact that this guy posts a reply with this says enough!

Also remeber those are leaked Alpha notes until it goes live that might change but I say good on trion for doing what they did. Rogues and Warriors are stupidly OP right now.

If u dont like the nerf to the MM line u can always go to Bard and get that stupidly OP ability that lets u spam 5 charged up Cadience over and over.

Or u can go Assassin and kill somebody before they come out of the 4 sec stuns, YES it happens all the time.

I wouldnt mind seeing the other lines of Rogue get smacked like MM.

Krypts

Shadowlander

I like pie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast