+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Hey, you guys remember that nerf?

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    120

    Default Hey, you guys remember that nerf?

    Wasn't that unofficial?

    Also, won't another copy of the patch notes be out tomorrow when the headstart happens?

  2. #2
    Prophet of Telara Mantiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azyle View Post
    Wasn't that unofficial?

    Also, won't another copy of the patch notes be out tomorrow when the headstart happens?
    Not nerfs, balancing. The rogues who were unable to PvP to begin with will be hurt by the changes. For those of us who do not suffer from that lack of talent, everything is smooth sailing.
    The mind of a perfect man is like a mirror. It grasps nothing. It expects nothing. It reflects but does not hold. Therefore, the perfect man can act without effort.
    New battle theme for the awesome racial changes: Big bouncing Bhami, bravely bounding by bizarre beasts, before battle begins.


  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantiss View Post
    Not nerfs, balancing. The rogues who were unable to PvP to begin with will be hurt by the changes. For those of us who do not suffer from that lack of talent, everything is smooth sailing.
    Well either way, will they be posted on the when I load the game up tomorrow morning ya think?

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azyle View Post
    Wasn't that unofficial?

    Also, won't another copy of the patch notes be out tomorrow when the headstart happens?
    So when you say unofficial they are from the Alpha test environment. And while not everything from Alpha made it to beta ..most of it did. Which means it will probably be in the released version.

    And I would doubt they release a patch notes for a product release since it's technically not been patched. It's your starting release.

  5. #5
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantiss View Post
    Not nerfs, balancing. The rogues who were unable to PvP to begin with will be hurt by the changes. For those of us who do not suffer from that lack of talent, everything is smooth sailing.
    what do you think a nerf is? they don't throw around nerfs for no reason, it's to balance.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
    what do you think a nerf is? they don't throw around nerfs for no reason, it's to balance.
    Good thing I will focus MAINLY on PvE.

  7. #7
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantiss View Post
    Not nerfs, balancing. The rogues who were unable to PvP to begin with will be hurt by the changes. For those of us who do not suffer from that lack of talent, everything is smooth sailing.
    I have not talent, that's why I'm MM and can run away like a girl... I mean draw there fire... when things go bad...

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
    what do you think a nerf is? they don't throw around nerfs for no reason, it's to balance.
    Quoted for truth... I always find it strange when people criticize other for using the word "nerf" in reference to balancing (beta or not).

    Definition of nerf is...

    "To make worse or weaken, usually in the context of weakening something in order to balance out a game."

    Nerf is the proper word to use for weakening a class in a game. Do you expect the OP to title his post, "Hey, you guys remember that balancing?"?

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts