+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weapon Enhancements - So what is the ICD?

Rift Disciple

Default Weapon Enhancements - So what is the ICD?

As I'm sure some of you are aware, it's come to the attention of many that come release (Or head start as it were), rogue weapon enhancements in both the assassin and nightblade tree are getting fixed to obey the internal cooldown that was supposedly placed on them. Of course, this has caused concern amongst the rogue community as some that have run damage parsers have already deduced, melee rogues were a bit behind rangers and marksmen. Will that be offset by the nerfs that these classes recieved? Only time will tell

So back to the point: What does this fix mean?

Does this affect single target damage at all? Is this essentially the multiple concurrent applications of the weapon enhancement you can get through using AoE abilities such as weapon flare? It's sort of convoluted as to exactly what this actually means and if this was an outright nerf to single target damage our just a fix to AoE components where you could get a large amount of concurrent weapon enhancement procs.

What are your thoughts and theories?

Telaran

Just throwing in this viewpoint: I took lethal poison and melted skin. To heck with the direct damage proc, the buffs were what I was after.

Rift Disciple

Melted skin is applied via hellfire blades, the direct damage proc. As such, you can't really go that route.

What I'm concerned about more than anything else is if this will be a large loss to single target damage as the weapon enhancements are a fair amount. Basically a solid number on what the ICD is would be what I'm looking for if anyone has any inkling as to what it may be.

Well, most enchants say 20%, so I would assume it's approximately 1 proc per 5 weapon swings. So if daggers were 2 sec attack speed you'd get a proc every 10 seconds. This would mean that faster weapons would benefit enchants more.

Dunno it was never applied to beta servers(or if it was nobody noticed) so we haven't been able to test it yet.

Plane Walker

it's a nerf no matter how you look at it.

20% still means you can get 4 procs in a row. now you can't no matter what. big, big nerf to burst for rogues.
    Last edited by zeroburrito; 02-23-2011 at 01:11 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
    it's a nerf no matter how you look at it.

20% still means you can get 4 procs in a row. now you can't no matter what. big, big nerf to burst for rogues.
    Depending on the ICD, it stilll "could" happen.

why would you take the increase poison proc chance in assassin with a change like this? I had a build solely based on weapon enchant damage, and now its butchered as collateral damage from a nerf on ranger/mm, heh.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Vyka View Post
    Depending on the ICD, it stilll "could" happen.
    i'm hoping it's 1 second max.

+ Reply to Thread