+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MM/Ranger/NB Leveling Build (Post Patch)

Soulwalker

Default MM/Ranger/NB Leveling Build (Post Patch)

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...o.VMcf0I0c.V0x

Theres a few things im not sure on like Doubleshot and Bestial Fury depending on my rotation.

What do you think?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by pilchard8 View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...o.VMcf0I0c.V0x

Theres a few things im not sure on like Doubleshot and Bestial Fury depending on my rotation.

What do you think?
    In the MM soul you should get Rapid Extrication.-- No MM should be without it. Hit n Run is a MAJOR part of MM.
    Hit n Run is an enormous source of DPS for MM.
    Especially on boss fights but it also burns down mobs in solo pve extremly fast.

Not to mention all the other c/ds listed in rapid.

You also want on the double and its improved version.. even for PVE.
    On the double is yet another class defining skill for MM.
    Many mobs will root/snare you so a snare break actually help survival in pve ; but also the sprint is just really usefull for everything.

And for Ranger I would get cripple shot: even if you plan on never pvping.
    Cripple shot in ranger (in my opinion) is the single most important skill an MM can get from another soul. Even if you rely on a tank pet.

Hit n run, Strafe, On the double, those are what define MM pretty much.
    Last edited by Beans; 02-23-2011 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    You also want on the double and its improved version.. even for PVE.
    On the double is yet another class defining skill for MM.
    Many mobs will root/snare you so a snare break actually help survival in pve ; but also the sprint is just really usefull for everything.
    I can't imaging playing my MM in PvP without On the Double. Unless they stun you before you can use it, it's a great way to quickly put distance between you and any enemies. Use that range to your advantage!~

Soulwalker

Thanks for replies!

This build will be only for PvE only, seperate role for PVP.

What would you suggest giving up for Rapid Extrication and On the Double? Very limited for points here

Rift Chaser

Thanks for replies!

This build will be only for PvE only, seperate role for PVP.

What would you suggest giving up for Rapid Extrication and On the Double? Very limited for points here
    Easy. Get rid of Master Archer.

For whatever reason due to its mechanics ingame every MM who used it was unhappy with it; and you just don't see it in any experienced beta testers builds atm.
    So thats 5 points right there.

Cripple shot is really important too in Ranger Btw.
    Last edited by Beans; 02-23-2011 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Easy. Get rid of Master Archer.

For whatever reason due to its mechanics ingame every MM who used it was unhappy with it; and you just don't see it in any experienced beta testers builds atm.
    So thats 5 points right there.

Cripple shot is really important too in Ranger Btw.
    Really? I had five points in Master Archer during beta and had it proc all the time. It was a nice damage padder.

That said, if you have to sacrifice something, that would probably be a decent thing to go compared to RE and OtD.

TBH MM does not need to be paired with Ranger.... it has so many useful skills that you are lucky if you can remember them all. And well.... rapid execution lol just lol... i cant think of anything more op then that skill. Its a must.

just forget the pet and ranger altogether.

Soulwalker

If I get rid of Master Archer I wont have enough points to go up to the next tier...so 2 points will be 'wasted'

What about Close Quarters and Crossfire for RE?

Is Doubleshot really worth it because to be honest ive never really seen Auto Attacks go off that often between my rotation?

Ranger is for leveling only, less downtime, less kiting, more survivalability, seperate roles for PvP and Endgame.
    Last edited by pilchard8; 02-23-2011 at 11:25 AM.

If I get rid of Master Archer I wont have enough points to go up to the next tier...so 2 points will be 'wasted'

What about Close Quarters and Crossfire for RE?

Is Doubleshot really worth it because to be honest ive never really seen Auto Attacks go off that often between my rotation?

Ranger is for leveling only, less downtime, less kiting, more survivalability, seperate roles for PvP and Endgame.
    Well i tried many specs while levleing and MM is a power house paired with Sab nothing can even pass the trap, you basically 2 shot everything and when you get hit and run with rapid execution... well its just stupid.. and most likely will be nerfed.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Blays View Post
    Well i tried many specs while levleing and MM is a power house paired with Sab nothing can even pass the trap, you basically 2 shot everything and when you get hit and run with rapid execution... well its just stupid.. and most likely will be nerfed.
    In higher lvls of pvp hit n run and strafe is all an MM has for damage.

You certainly don''t two shot anything as MM. Not even two 5 point deadeye crits on mobs which is a bunch of attacks not just two :P

MM are strong in 10-19 warfronts beyond that they diminish considerably as healing becomes insane and other classes become insanly powerful.

+ Reply to Thread