+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can Bards main heal?

Default Can Bards main heal?

I have heard conflicting issues on this topic. Can anyone give a definitive answer please?

Rift Master

I dont know about in pve but in pvp bards can heal the **** out of everyone whilst maintaining good survivability and most importantly mobility for themselves.

Bards can main-heal some of the normal mode instances we played in beta. There are some that they cannot, however. Even the ones that are easier to main heal, you will likely still wipe sometimes in a pickup group or if your tank is bad and doesn't use his cooldowns when necessary.

Bards can sometimes fill the role if there is absolutely nobody else available. But generally not nearly as smoothly as a healing cleric or Chloromancer.
    Last edited by Dinadass; 02-23-2011 at 09:06 AM.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by Tsavo213 View Post
    I have heard conflicting issues on this topic. Can anyone give a definitive answer please?
    No. They cannot.

This isn't supposed to be an attack against them, they are a good class, but they simply do not have the single target healing required to heal heavy-single-target spike damage. They are a great support healer though, saves a cleric or chloro a lot of stress when they're around.
    Dear Africa, you helped me write this...

some of the easier dungeons with a really good tank they can.

but its not part of their class design, they arent intended to do it, and they will not be doing it endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    No. They cannot.

This isn't supposed to be an attack against them, they are a good class, but they simply do not have the single target healing required to heal heavy-single-target spike damage. They are a great support healer though, saves a cleric or chloro a lot of stress when they're around.
    That's not an attack it's the truth.
    Last edited by MopDaddy; 02-23-2011 at 09:53 AM.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    No. They cannot.

Thirded!

They have great group buffs, great AoE healing, some nice CC, but they cant do single target healing better than a Cleric. Ive heard of bards main healing instances, but its rareand dependant on a very good tank.
    Last edited by Kink; 02-23-2011 at 10:14 AM.
    Bloodiron EU PvP
    ==========
    Kink - 50 Warrior
    Gg - 3X Rogue
    Duke - Mage

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    Thirded!

They have great group buffs, great AoE healing, some nice CC, but they cant do single target healing better than a Cleric. Ive heard of bards main healing instances, but its rareand dependant on a very good tank.
    Fourth'ed.
    We've used bards for when the cleric got bored healing and wanted to DPS more. Worked out pretty well, the assassin switched to his bard/ranger setup, and it was all good from there.

Telaran

Riftstalker and bard can tank/heal instances, but it requires careful planning on pulls and proper kill order. The goal is for the stalker to take less damage and self heal as the fight progresses. Fights with one enemy and no optional pulls around make this strategy nearly impossible.

Soulwalker

The clerics I played with always enjoyed having me around. Buffs and Mass HoTs made the clerics job much easier. That being said, being a main healer is outta the question. It would end badly.

Champion of Telara

Yes, they can. It pretty much requires having a Riftstalker that's very aware of what they're doing, knows how to space their own personal cooldowns to compensate for the Bard needing to refresh Motifs, and the Bard has to be intimately aware of their class, when to use 5CP CoRs vs 3CP CoRs, know how to use Riff/Virtuoso, know that Power Chord is terribly worthless, know the encounter fairly intimately, but yes.

It'd be beyond most people though. :P

Edit: This applies only up to instances added through Beta 6, however. I never got to try the new ones in Beta 7.
    Last edited by Zerromi; 02-23-2011 at 11:14 AM.
    -Rilgon @ Deepwood (US)

Quote Originally Posted by Zerromi View Post
    Yes, they can. It pretty much requires having a Riftstalker that's very aware of what they're doing, knows how to space their own personal cooldowns to compensate for the Bard needing to refresh Motifs, and the Bard has to be intimately aware of their class, when to use 5CP CoRs vs 3CP CoRs, know how to use Riff/Virtuoso, know that Power Chord is terribly worthless, know the encounter fairly intimately, but yes.

NM, the edit spoke for itself. Yea bard are not gonna main heal dungeons. Not the bosses at least, I could heal most of the trash. (40-44 dungeons) LH and the other one DR I think.
    Last edited by MopDaddy; 02-23-2011 at 11:18 AM.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zerromi View Post

Edit: This applies only up to instances added through Beta 6, however. I never got to try the new ones in Beta 7.
    You, me, Greenscale. Let's do this.

MopDaddy:
    First boss for Descent, probably not successful.
    Second boss Descent, maybe.
    Third boss Descent, easily.

First boss Lantern Hook, possible.
    Second boss Lantern Hook, absolutely.
    Third boss Lantern Hook, depends on how you play it--you might not even need a healer unless they fixed him.
    Last edited by FeosMiao; 02-23-2011 at 11:17 AM.

Shadowlander

Its possible , just. However it will require a great deal of effort from the rest of group, blowing cds, alot of careful cc, off tank at times yourself so possible but not worth the effort for the gains.

In pvp no, not against competent people.
    Last edited by El Diablo; 02-23-2011 at 11:27 AM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
    Its possible , just. However it will require a great deal of effort from the rest of group, blowing cds, alot of careful cc, off tank at times yourself so possible but not worth the effort for the gains.
    The group I four-Rogued and solo-healed Foul Cascade with was the most enjoyable and intense dungeon run I did in Beta by a long-shot. It was well worth it.
    -Rilgon @ Deepwood (US)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast