+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Crafts?

Shadowlander

Default Best Crafts?

Would be best with a rogue?

Thanks.

I would say Tailoring (Can make Leather Armor that is useful rather quickly) and Butchering (skin animals for leather!) As a 3rd you could do weaponsmith, make your own daggers/swords/bows/guns. But that would only really work buying mats or if a friend/guild can hook you up.

"I'm your Huckleberry!"
    I've played WOW, Darkfall, DAOC, Shadowbane, WAR, GW, L2 and UO. I have faith Rift will be my new home!!

Weaponsmithing is nice because you'll always need new weapons.
    Outfitting may be nicer because you have more armor slots to fill than weapon slots.

Either may be useful during leveling, but at end game may lose some of their relevance unless you really put energy into maxing out your skill and assembling the necessary rare components that will be needed for top crafted gear.

Consumables, on the other hand, will always be in demand at any level of the game. For that reason, Apothecary and Runecrafting may be practical way to go. They're useful while leveling and will continue to provide use and income at the level cap.

butcher outfitting and runecrafting

unfortunantly crafted items kind of suck. They are alrgith early on, but the quest rewards/dungeon stuff/planarite/pvp rewards you can get are going to surpass them.

Runecrafting though is always useful, since you cant get runes from quests or drops.

Outfitting is mostly just to supply materials to make runes. Though again, early on you can make some nice equipment for yourself

Soulwalker

I am going...

Outfitting - Make my own leather armor and bags (Cloth drops from humanoids, plenty of them and don't have to track them down.)

Butchering - skinning to supply leather for Outfitting (Skinned from animals, gonna be running across them all the time, no need to specifically hunt for nodes.)

Runecrafting - Will use excess green items I make in Outfitting to crunch down into powders to create runes for enhancing my gear.

Shadowlander

Thanks for the responses.

Rift Master

Apothacary hands down. When you get to 50 the crafted gear will be lower quality than dungeon gear, but the potions will still be as good as ever...

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Vabjekf View Post
    butcher outfitting and runecrafting

unfortunantly crafted items kind of suck. They are alrgith early on, but the quest rewards/dungeon stuff/planarite/pvp rewards you can get are going to surpass them.

Runecrafting though is always useful, since you cant get runes from quests or drops.

Outfitting is mostly just to supply materials to make runes. Though again, early on you can make some nice equipment for yourself
    This.

I was crafting really decent blue weapon enchants towards the end of beta 7. The armour I made barely sold; but I was selling lots of runes.

I payed close attention to how much runecrafted enchants were adding and came to this conclusion:
    greeen item + runecrafting enchants > blue item without.
    Last edited by Beans; 02-23-2011 at 11:00 AM.

+ Reply to Thread