+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Do you guys think rouges are going to be insanely overplayed

Telaran

Default Do you guys think rouges are going to be insanely overplayed

I really want to roll a rouge, bard was just so much fun in the beta, but trying to compete for gear against the 2 rouges that are also bound to be in every group would suck. How bad do you guys think the rouge overplayedness will be?

Quote Originally Posted by omgacow View Post
    I really want to roll a rouge, bard was just so much fun in the beta, but trying to compete for gear against the 2 rouges that are also bound to be in every group would suck. How bad do you guys think the rouge overplayedness will be?
    no, but rogues might be.

they will be op, but oh well
    50 Rogue Seastone(200+hit), 50 Rogue Spitescar(200+hit), 50 WAR Seastone (140 tough) 36 Warrior Spitescar, 37 mage Seastone
    Suggestion for a summer expansion/patch. --- The Official Rift PVP Video Library --- POLL : Guild Bank
    POLL : Player Housing and Guild Castles Proposed System - Check out the idea of a joint gaming company development for Rift

Rouge (cosmetics), a cosmetic used to color the cheeks and emphasize the cheekbones
    Rouge (film), a 1987 Hong Kong film
    Rouge (film journal), an online film journal
    Rouge (football) or single, a score of one point in Canadian football
    ROUGE (metric), an evaluation metric used in natural language processing
    Rouge (newspaper), a weekly newspaper published by the Revolutionary Communist League in France
    Rouge (pop group), a Brazilian girl band
    Rouge (TV series), an MTV series about an Asian girl band
    Rouge, Toronto
    Rouge de l'Ouest, a breed of sheep
    The Rouge or Ford River Rouge Complex, a Ford factory in Michigan, USA

I think you'll have no problem competing with other rouges I'm sure. But you might have to worry about the rogues.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Truyth View Post
    I think you'll have no problem competing with other rouges I'm sure. But you might have to worry about the rogues.
    What do you mean by that?

Plane Touched

I think that rogues will probably be the most played calling early on but once people find out that melee rogues just don't compete and that they have to be a bard, a tank, or a ranged dd they'll dump the class.

What do you mean by that?
    He's making fun of your bad spelling.

I think rogues will be the most played calling, but not by a huge margin.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post
    He's making fun of your bad spelling.

I think rogues will be the most played calling, but not by a huge margin.
    Warrior Forums
    * Threads: 1,052

Rogue Forums
    * Threads: 1,409

Mage Forums
    * Threads: 782

Cleric Forums
    * Threads: 898

Maybe you guys are just really vocal and are always online when I am. If theres a possibility that isn't true, I'd wager rogues are going to be overplayed by a HUGE margin.

Just poking fun at an old and dead joke. But yes, rogues will be heavily played, but only because of the roles they can take. I'm going through this same debate myself, but in the end it's going to be play what makes you happy, because pretty much any calling can cover all, more of less.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Truyth View Post
    Just poking fun at an old and dead joke. But yes, rogues will be heavily played, but only because of the roles they can take. I'm going through this same debate myself, but in the end it's going to be play what makes you happy, because pretty much any calling can cover all, more of less.
    It's also because of saboteur. Some people hear overpowered and think wow, I don't wanna touch this class. Others hear it and think, wonder which build he's using. Guess which one is the majority?

Soulwalker

With rogues being the only mdps I suspect you will see a lot of them, a whole lot.

Yea some people will try to do damage as a tank class or a healer. Even if they can pull it off rogues will still be top dps.

If you want to be unique, you have to take advantage of the multiclass system

Shadowlander

Rouges are overpowdered

Quote Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
    It's also because of saboteur. Some people hear overpowered and think wow, I don't wanna touch this class. Others hear it and think, wonder which build he's using. Guess which one is the majority?
    If there really was only 2 kinds of people..

The Sab really isn't overpowered unless its

1) pvp
    2) they score a crit.

By properly dividing the crit chance (if it isn't) they will have less ability to one shot.

As long as its only a modification to crit chance like that, I'll still continue to play sab. (I'm PvE anyways.) But if they do some of the stupid ways people are trying to "balance" the class like cutting its DPS in half, when they already one of the lowest of 2 button damage cycle, it would end up making the class unplayable in anything other that pvp vs idiots or as a secondary soul for support.

However, the biggest reason why rogues are gonna be overplayed is due to the rule of cool and how versatile they are. They are the swiss-army knives of this game, and its much cooler to play james bond than it is to play random knight 242, evil wizard #96, or healbot 9000.

Give druids shapeshifting if they don't have it, and I'd roll a druid.
    Give me cool looking armor and I might play a warrior.
    Allow necromancers to summon armies of undead, and I'd roll a mage. (A single pet just isn't enough personally.)
    Last edited by ShimmerSniper; 02-23-2011 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
    Warrior Forums
    * Threads: 1,052

Rogue Forums
    * Threads: 1,409

Mage Forums
    * Threads: 782

Cleric Forums
    * Threads: 898

Maybe you guys are just really vocal and are always online when I am. If theres a possibility that isn't true, I'd wager rogues are going to be overplayed by a HUGE margin.
    I've seen a few different polls from various sites that have each calling in the 20-28% range after receiving over 500 votes. I tend to think that those are a more accurate indicator than post counts in a forum, but I could be wrong.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSniper View Post
    If there really was only 2 kinds of people..

The Sab really isn't overpowered unless its

1) pvp
    2) they score a crit.

By properly dividing the crit chance (if it isn't) they will have less ability to one shot.

As long as its only a modification to crit chance like that, I'll still continue to play sab. (I'm PvE anyways.) But if they do some of the stupid ways people are trying to "balance" the class like cutting its DPS in half, when they already one of the lowest of 2 button damage cycle, it would end up making the class unplayable in anything other that pvp vs idiots or as a secondary soul for support.
    It doesn't matter whether they're overpowered or not. They'll see a few people whine about them being OP and just check it out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast