+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I would love to play a bard...

Rift Disciple

Default I would love to play a bard...

But looks like EVERYONE is making one, I think that bard will be the new FOTM..
    -_-

a lot of bard, and other rogues, will abandon the soul(s) in the mid 30s after it plateau's.

There is a HUGE difference in the pvp aspect of the bard in the 10-19, compared to 20-29 compared to 30-39.
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

Plane Touched

A lot of people will be playing it for leveling reasons... Until you get to mid-late 30's I think bard will be one of the if not the fastest leveling soul there is. In addition to that; your rift contribution is insane (both damage and healing), you go to gold levels within a few seconds, you will also always be wanted in groups.

Rift Disciple

Um...how do you have a NEW FotM in a game that hasn't been released yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Um...how do you have a NEW FotM in a game that hasn't been released yet?
    lawl, good point...but soul imbalance which Rift has a lot of would be the cause...found through extensive Beta testing.

As a main?

Good! As a Marksman im usually stuck with the most popular, most expendable class, lol.

Bard does sound like a good class to compliment the MM/Saboteur (pets have been the bane of this type of class in almost every MMO for me!)

Im assuming its a heal/buff/debuff spec? Any info on the class somewhere? Website doesnt seem to have it in the classes section (though im assuming its the "coming soon" one).

Quote Originally Posted by Azyle View Post
    But looks like EVERYONE is making one, I think that bard will be the new FOTM..
    -_-
    Everyone is making a rogue soul with bard so they can solo level much easier but I honestly do not see many pure bards. People keep saying Bards are everywhere yet in warfronts maybe 1-2% of all the ones I was in had another bard. What I think people see is that most people have a few points into bard to grab the hot/buffs.
    Last edited by MopDaddy; 02-23-2011 at 07:09 AM.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

Just rogues in general. Bards are popular for leveling but way fewer people PvP as Bard than I've seen PvP as MM, Ranger, Assassin and Nightblade, especially in the 30-39 bracket.
    Dear Africa, you helped me write this...

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Telal View Post
    a lot of bard, and other rogues, will abandon the soul(s) in the mid 30s after it plateau's.

There is a HUGE difference in the pvp aspect of the bard in the 10-19, compared to 20-29 compared to 30-39.
    You're going to get pvp souls if I'm not mistaken, which allow you to make a build that's better suited that way!

Quote Originally Posted by Morthan View Post
    You're going to get pvp souls if I'm not mistaken, which allow you to make a build that's better suited that way!
    The starting Rogue talents in their PvP tree are pretty sub-par. The left branch only increases physical damage (useless for bard) so you have to take the right branch. Woo, I take lower AoE damage and get a chance to slow casting on weapon hit (which probably isn't going to work with Cadence). The higher tier skills might be a little better, but the whole tree feels weak compared to the warrior tree.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRx View Post
    The starting Rogue talents in their PvP tree are pretty sub-par. The left branch only increases physical damage (useless for bard) so you have to take the right branch. Woo, I take lower AoE damage and get a chance to slow casting on weapon hit (which probably isn't going to work with Cadence). The higher tier skills might be a little better, but the whole tree feels weak compared to the warrior tree.
    Agreed, the Infiltrator soul seems pretty useless for a bard.

And the other guy, we can't even get ranks until lvl 50, so that doesn't help mid30's pvp at all, zero, nada, zilch
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by DocRx View Post
    Yeah, I looked at other callings PVP souls and they look much better than Infil. Just my, at a glance, understanding of the soul though.

"I'm your Huckleberry!"
    I've played WOW, Darkfall, DAOC, Shadowbane, WAR, GW, L2 and UO. I have faith Rift will be my new home!!

Quote Originally Posted by Telal View Post

What they said ^^ And it also varies a great deal on what you pick as second and third souls. Bard isn't the OP soul some people seem to think.
    *I am not a smurf*

Einherjar
    Blightweald - Guardians

Quote Originally Posted by Cadiva View Post
    What they said ^^ And it also varies a great deal on what you pick as second and third souls. Bard isn't the OP soul some people seem to think.
    Bard, as far as I have played it up to lvl 34, is a weak dmg soul. If you are not hitting cadence to heal/dps, you are hitting Coda of Restoration to heal the dmg you have taken. If you do get to use Rift/Coda of Fury, it does decent dmg.

Mostly the bard is for support. Pop the Anthem the group wants, hit your motifs and cadence/Restoration, or cadence/ Cowardice-Distress. Buff and debuff, AoE heal, minimal DPS.

And, with the AoE Heals, they aren't as effective at higher end lvl's. A bard will not keep a single target alive. There is just no burst heal at all. I wish people would get to 50 before anyone asks about Ballance issue of a class. Every group I was in as a heal/support bard I was told I should be nerfed. They didn't understand I was full spec'd into bard soul at lvl 17. And they weren't. So, yeah, at lvl 17 it did seem a little high output. But is comes into line as you get higher.

"I'm your Huckleberry!"
    I've played WOW, Darkfall, DAOC, Shadowbane, WAR, GW, L2 and UO. I have faith Rift will be my new home!!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by MopDaddy View Post
    Everyone is making a rogue soul with bard so they can solo level much easier but I honestly do not see many pure bards. People keep saying Bards are everywhere yet in warfronts maybe 1-2% of all the ones I was in had another bard. What I think people see is that most people have a few points into bard to grab the hot/buffs.
    Pure bard here. I plan to just group PVP.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast