+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP NB damage and mitigation is good with RS?

Rift Master

Default PvP NB damage and mitigation is good with RS?

Do warriors have more than 21% greater mitigation (from plate vs leather) than rogues? I am wondering cause with the changes to riftstalker from a pvp build you will probably have around 21% damage reduction with rift barrier and resilience. Not sure if the armor add is better or if resilience is better for better mitigation. If warriors don't have greater than 21% damage mitigation from armor then it seems than a NB/RS will still be as or more durable and then it just comes down to if the rogue can do enough damage.

NB/RS will still have a ton of mobility, pretty good cc, stealth, ranged attacks, elemental attacks, a great healing reduction... and so on. You can tack BD onto these souls for some nice defensive/utility options.

So do warriors really have that much better damage? Better mitigation (rogues can easily be vs all attacks not just physical)?

Anyone still happy with NB pvp. I see on some of the NB pvp vids those guys are talking about rolling warrior on live for being upset about the recent changes/pvp nerfs/pve buffs to riftstalker.

Thoughts?

If the mitigation isn't needed then i wonder about going with assassin or blade dancer as a second main soul. I keep hearing that blade dancer is horrible but keep feeling like it should be good. With the assassin it is nice to get all those bleeds and you have several 2 combo point generating attacks meaning that you can build to finishers pretty fast. The NB damage + the assa dots seems like it could be really nice unless you run into too many different abilities to use them all without getting bunched up.

Telaran

If you go high up into riftstalker and NB you will be losing out on substantial damage from the assassin tree though. Something to think about. As for your other questions I don't know.

Rift Master

By not going high in assassin i do lose out on some nice bleeds... however do you really lose out on great damage? The armor reduction on backstab is gone. People have found that assassin is actually NOT that high a damage dealer. Often i see nightblade doing better damage than assassin. If you have assassin and nightblade i am not sure how the attacks integrate.

I am wondering about the defense. Seems like you need some defense. Riftstalker is where you have taken this defense. It changed a lot but i was wondering if it still might be pretty good.

15% from rift barrier, 6% from resilience ---> does it come out to be as good a damage reduction as what warriors have or better?

Compared to what?

NB does mostly elemental damage and plate does nothing against magic.

The most dangerous warriors also do not do physical damage. =P

Rift stalkers can get better all purpose damage mitigation than warriors can.

Rift Master

Totally. RS + AS can get 36% damage reduction to everything for 10 seconds on opener BEFORE armor kicks in. After that it is 21% vs everything before armor.

That ability is low enough in AS that NB can get it as well if they want. NB on its own can have the +21% reduction to everything up almost all the time with RS.

Its just i read all this qq about all the NB switching to warrior because of the RS nerfs and i am wondering if it is really that bad.

My rogue was only up to level 21 and i was mostly playing MM and Bard so i didn't get to see how NB does and certainly not at high level. How does NB do vs warriors?

Is the damage comparable? Does one do far more than the other? Anyone that plays both can give me their own sense of the breakdown?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by rowdysattva View Post
    By not going high in assassin i do lose out on some nice bleeds... however do you really lose out on great damage? The armor reduction on backstab is gone. People have found that assassin is actually NOT that high a damage dealer. Often i see nightblade doing better damage than assassin. If you have assassin and nightblade i am not sure how the attacks integrate.

I am wondering about the defense. Seems like you need some defense. Riftstalker is where you have taken this defense. It changed a lot but i was wondering if it still might be pretty good.

15% from rift barrier, 6% from resilience ---> does it come out to be as good a damage reduction as what warriors have or better?
    There are things in Sin which will increase your damage like ruthlessness for extra crit, cruel vengeance for every time you crit 10% more damage for 10s, and magnify pain for 20% more critical hit damage (and critical heals too but that seems useless). I don't think serrated blades is as good anymore but cloak and dagger and subterfuge are very very good abilities. Advanced flanking got changed but at full points it should increase the crit of assassinate, back stab, and paralysing strike by 50%. So high assassin seems to be good still with NB. I don't know if I suggest to go that high up Assassin to get advanced flanking or subterfuge... it will come down to whether you want the higher utility in the NB tree. Cloak and dagger with full points is just such a good ability if you add in subterfuge and advanced flanking though. You're going to deal out 15% more damage for 10s and take 15% less which is always good.
    Last edited by Ravzar; 02-23-2011 at 05:37 PM.

+ Reply to Thread