+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranger advice & questions!

Default Ranger advice & questions!

Hey, if you could link me to any sites/threads/guides that would answer my questions, or just answer in the thread, I would be very, very appreciative!

1. I was thinking of going Ranger/Bard/Marksman as a main. Is this a viable build? I know that I can pretty much try things out to see how it goes, but how will this particular build fit into a PvE party dynamic? PvP? Any opinions on it?

2. What are some good soul combinations to go with Ranger?

3. I was planning on putting quite a few of my points into Ranger for my main build. Will this still be welcome in parties, or should I be expecting to regularly rearrange my souls?

Actually, on a note on the third question, in beta I wasn't sure about rejigging my souls. If I select Ranger as my starter soul, and have Bard and Marksman, is it possible to change all three of these souls so I'm no longer at all the same Rogue? How do I do this?

Thanks for anyone who can help or point me in the right direction!

Telaran

yes you can change your souls and heres a nice build using bard only for cadence combo point builder

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...bk.EMcc0sksoVz

Gromler

As well you will get a chance to have 4 roles with 3 souls in them each upon doing simple quests that require you to attend a rift event and get a shard then just return to quest giver and he opens up a specific soul as far as getting the role slot open you have to purchase another role from a trainer dude, hope this helps
    Last edited by Gromler; 02-23-2011 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromler View Post
    yes you can change your souls and heres a nice build using bard only for cadence combo point builder

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...bk.EMcc0sksoVz

Gromler

As well you will get a chance to have 4 roles with 3 souls in them each upon doing simple quests that require you to attend a rift event and get a shard then just return to quest giver and he opens up a specific soul as far as getting the role slot open you have to purchase another role from a trainer dude, hope this helps
    Brilliant, thanks for your advice! I saw the option to purchase new roles, I just wasn't sure if, after choosing Ranger as my first soul, I'd be able to drop it completely at some point just for a change of pace (as long as the soul I chose to replace it was Rogue, of course).

Thanks again!

I have a few ranger questions.

1. will quick shot bleed stack or keep resetting like flamespear used to.

2. Pet dps is it really a factor at higher lvl's I have heard differering opions.

Build I am considering http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Gsf0xo00az.V0x

+ Reply to Thread