+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How to increase Bard's healing spell power?

Default How to increase Bard's healing spell power?

As far as I know. Atkp, spell power, dex, doesn't help with it, so, what does?
    |GM <Adulruna Rediviva> |EU: Bloodiron - PvP| Forever Bard - Guitar Hero on crack. Haters gonna Hate|

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Perennial View Post
    Cadence heals based on your weapon damage.

All of the Bard abilities scale with Attack Power. Dexterity will be the primary stat you want to look for.

Effective Health: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Ranger - Avoidance: 36 Riftstalker/8 Bard/22 Bladedancer - Healthy Mix: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Bladedancer
    Riftstalker Tanking - Key Abilities and Mechanics 2.0
    Zayrinoke, Level 50 Bahmi Rogue - Zerstorer, Level 43 Bahmi Warrior - Asche, Level 20 Kelari Cleric - Haifisch, Level 32 Eth Mage
    Multiple Shards

Quote Originally Posted by Zayrinoke View Post
    All of the Bard abilities scale with Attack Power. Dexterity will be the primary stat you want to look for.
    Sorry, I must be dens. Looked through the skills and talents and it only looked like the dmging skills scaled with atkpower, dex and not the healing/buff ones.
    |GM <Adulruna Rediviva> |EU: Bloodiron - PvP| Forever Bard - Guitar Hero on crack. Haters gonna Hate|

Sorry, I must be dens. Looked through the skills and talents and it only looked like the dmging skills scaled with atkpower, dex and not the healing/buff ones.
    Unfortunately the game isn't very clear about the scaling, but according to some other discussion I've read about it players have tested and confirmed that the heals scale like this as well.

Effective Health: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Ranger - Avoidance: 36 Riftstalker/8 Bard/22 Bladedancer - Healthy Mix: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Bladedancer
    Riftstalker Tanking - Key Abilities and Mechanics 2.0
    Zayrinoke, Level 50 Bahmi Rogue - Zerstorer, Level 43 Bahmi Warrior - Asche, Level 20 Kelari Cleric - Haifisch, Level 32 Eth Mage
    Multiple Shards

Buffs are fixed. Cadence heal scales with Cadence damage. Not sure about the rest of the healing skills, but if they scale, they scale like very other rogue skill

Soulwalker

Nightblade's 5 pts in Blazing Fury and 3 pts in Unstable State is your best points invested.
    Lv42 Rogue - Deusk
    Lv30 Warrior Silvver

http://www.synapse-guild.enjin.com/

Spell power no longer offers any benefit to Bards. I believe they finally fixed that after Beta 6.

Attack Power and Dex do help a lot. They are our main source of upping any of our damage or healing abilities past what it says in the tooltip. For increasing your Cadence damage/healing and your Codas the general rule in stat priority should be:

AP -> Dex -> Str -> Hit -> Crit

Attack Power will always give the biggest upfront return because Str and Dex only give 0.5 AP. From some other testing done around the Bard community it has been shown that 10AP = +1 Damage on Cadence.
    Author of Support Bard Guide and Officer of Nuln Highway Boys

Rift Disciple

Any idea if Physical Crit helps the crit chance on Cadence?

Quote Originally Posted by mavik View Post
    Yes it does. If your damage crits then the heal will crit since it does 100% of the damage.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

Quote Originally Posted by MopDaddy View Post
    Yes it does. If your damage crits then the heal will crit since it does 100% of the damage.
    unfortunately the alpha notes has dot/hot crit effects being recalculated on each tick instead of just the first, so no more super big heals from the first hit critting like before /cry

Quote Originally Posted by Langston View Post
    Attack Power and Dex do help a lot. They are our main source of upping any of our damage or healing abilities past what it says in the tooltip. For increasing your Cadence damage/healing and your Codas the general rule in stat priority should be:

AP -> Dex -> Str -> Hit -> Crit

Attack Power will always give the biggest upfront return because Str and Dex only give 0.5 AP. From some other testing done around the Bard community it has been shown that 10AP = +1 Damage on Cadence.
    I would disagree with you a little bit on your scaling. Hit is going to be a much stronger stat. Bard has very little healing that isn't dependent on Cadence and it has a fairly hefty cost. Hit is going to be a much stronger stat, I might even rank it first since if you can't hit all you have is one HoT and a small aoe heal on a 1 min cooldown.

Shield of Telara

Was looking at bard as the character I want to play. I like the rogue mechanics overall. The question I have is doesn't anyone happen to know how much hit you need in order to hit all the time with cadences?

If you read the cadence skill it says that this skill can not be blocked/parried/ or dodged. So unless i am missing something it will not miss the target.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by mavik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MopDaddy View Post

If this is true (excepting the dot nerf portion) then Physical Damage increasers (along with Physical Crit increasers) also increase the damage of Cadence? Is this true?

If so, then 5 points in Infiltrator's "Murderous Power" will increase the damage (and thus the healing) of Cadence.

Which then begs the next question. Does armor decrease the damage (and thus healing) on Cadence? So if I took the Infiltrator's "Penetrating Strikes" would that increase the damage of Cadence, by reducing the targets armor value?

Overall I am just unsure of how Bard's damage works. It is physical or not? It is physical in some ways and not others? Does it bypass armor? I am just confused. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by KingBee; 02-23-2011 at 08:44 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast