+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MM pve build?

Soulwalker

Default MM pve build?

Looking for a basic MM pve build for dungeons and soloing, any ideas would be helpful thanks.

Depends.

If you want to survive by kiting, slowing and knocking back, go mostly MM. Crit helps a MM a lot so Invest at least 5 points in Ranger, 5 points in Assassin and/or 8 points in Bard bard for the 5% crit bonuses. This is better in dungeons than soloing since kiting can sometimes lead you into running into mobs that smash you to bits.

If you want to survive by making your pet tank for you, add in at least 26 point in ranger for the Greater Razorback and 3% bonus crit (on top of the existing 5%)... and more crit from assassin, or preferably bard (since the bard can buff and heal the pet in addition to giving both you and the pet 5% crit). This is an ultimate solo leveling build, but pets suck in dungeons.

If you want to shoot the enemy as much as possible before it gets to you and then finish it off with melee, add in 18 points of riftstalker for guardian and stalker phase for survivability and then some more in a melee soul like Bladedancer, Nightblade or preferably Assassin (because of the crit bonus). Great in both dungeons and while leveling, but not as great as a pet class for survivability while leveling.

If you want to try to kill the enemy before it gets to you, put at least 13 point in Saboteur for Silent Setup and (if you want survivability if/when you screw up) once again 18 points in Riftstalker. Great in dungeons where you don't usually have to worry about getting aggro, but can be a mess in solo leveling if you mess up and get to many mobs at the same time.
    Last edited by Vell; 02-23-2011 at 01:25 AM.

Telaran

Default here is a solid solo build for you using mm/rng/brd

This build has you use pet to tank while you quickly dismiss the mob, bard was simply added in for the combo point builder to almost be spamming deadeye

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...bk.EMcc0sksoVz

Will let you figure out the rotation but youll have a pet strong enough for the mobs and more than ample power to kill them especially with bard cadence running , youll almost be tripping over your combo points, and theres a ability or two in there that upon a succesful finisher refund 1 combo point, will be alot of combo points generated very quickly

Just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Vell View Post
    If you want to shoot the enemy as much as possible before it gets to you and then finish it off with melee, add in 18 points of riftstalker for guardian and stalker phase for survivability and then some more in a melee soul like Bladedancer, Nightblade or preferably Assassin (because of the crit bonus). Great in both dungeons and while leveling, but not as great as a pet class for survivability while leveling.
    For me, this. I hate pet classes. My pve MM is built around 32 points in MM and 10 in Nightblade (15% damage bonuses FTW). During beta, I rolled with the rest in riftstalker, but might try bladedancer at launch. Got to do some theorycrafting today.

+ Reply to Thread