+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assassin is a dot class?

Shadowlander

Default Assassin is a dot class?

most skills for assassin is poison and say something like, "give 250dmg over 10 sec"

i guess we need more burst dmg for get in and out

sin is for sustained dmg, not burst.

Rift Chaser

Stack the bleeds and win.

When you get used to it, you can even use slip away early and watch them die to bleeds

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Octavea View Post
    sin is for sustained dmg, not burst.
    ^

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHZ - O/C - Running 24/7 at 4.2GHZ
    GPU: 2x XFX Radeon 6970 2GB Crossfire - O/C to 935/1435
    Display: 3x ASUS 24" Monitors in Eyefinity(3240x1920)
    HDD: 4x WD Caviar Black 640gb 7200 RPM in RAID 10
    MB+RAM: GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 890FX -- Ballistix Tracer 6GB DDR3
    Cooling: Water cooled on a 3x120 rad. Running 10x120mm Yate Loons + 1x200mm Big Boy Fan

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Txzeenath View Post
    ^

He isn't wrong.

You will find you have much more success when you stack up the bleeds, rather then try to rely on your instants.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ethernia View Post
    He isn't wrong.

You will find you have much more success when you stack up the bleeds, rather then try to rely on your instants.
    Agree and disagree :-p

I'm looking at this as a PvP view, rather than across a 5 minute fight. Just so you know where i'm coming from :-p.

Stacking DoTs does not make it a primarily sustained damage class. Their primary damage comes in the first combo. They CAN sustain damage, but a pure assassin does more at the start of their chain.

After a while in a longer fight(PvE raid) that initial burst won't matter and as you said, you'll be stacking up poison and bleed effects.
    Last edited by Txzeenath; 02-23-2011 at 02:10 AM.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHZ - O/C - Running 24/7 at 4.2GHZ
    GPU: 2x XFX Radeon 6970 2GB Crossfire - O/C to 935/1435
    Display: 3x ASUS 24" Monitors in Eyefinity(3240x1920)
    HDD: 4x WD Caviar Black 640gb 7200 RPM in RAID 10
    MB+RAM: GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 890FX -- Ballistix Tracer 6GB DDR3
    Cooling: Water cooled on a 3x120 rad. Running 10x120mm Yate Loons + 1x200mm Big Boy Fan

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Txzeenath View Post
    Stacking DoTs does not make it a sustained damage class. Their primary damage comes in the first combo. They CAN sustain damage, but a pure assassin does more at the start of their chain.
    This is just wrong.

Stacking dots DOES make it a sustained damage class, primary damage does not come from the first combo if you play it this way, you simply overwhelm the target with dots, making it impossible to heal through.

Pvp view also, you will quickly find you have much more success when you switch to stacking dots rather then relying on instants, im not the only one with this view, the alpha is full of them and i speak from experience, having tried both.
    Last edited by Ethernia; 02-23-2011 at 02:10 AM.

Shadowlander

ok keep stacking dots while warrior can kill you in 4 sec..

just watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoGKeAvm4NE

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by BraQ View Post
    ok keep stacking dots while warrior can kill you in 4 sec..

just watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoGKeAvm4NE

That is 1 really really REALLY unskilled rogue right there.....also attakin a class he should really be ignoring doesn´t help and he obviously has hardly any HP, just look at what the 600crit dmg took from his hitpoints, 1/4 of the bar? The rogue should be at 3.5K hp at that level...not 2.4k.

If played right The Sin class will be able to take out any other class before most of there bleeds run out. YES THIS IS A DOT CLASS, anyone else that says other wise does not play the class the way its ment to be played, I wish I had videos of my Sin, I show you.

Play sin as a dot class and play it right, pick a good soul with it either NB or RS its a great class You dont need burst dmg to be good in PVP. The burst this is just a shock and aw and is over rated.
    "Wars are not acts of God. They are caused by man, by man-made institutions, by the way in which man has organized his society. What man has made, man can change." Frederick Moore Vinson
    Ill make the basters bleed!!!

Plane Touched

Bleeds Are Great, but also need those Instants for our plate Freinds. Key is both I should no Alpha tested and /Signed on. gl all

+ Reply to Thread