+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rift Stalker vs Assassin/NB

Default Rift Stalker vs Assassin/NB

Thought on warping and phase shifting vs stealth?

Personally i think the phase shifting and warping of a rift stalking is a much better compliment to Ranged classes then the gimmpy 30 second 30% movement speed decreased stealth.

The only instance i think stealth would be worth it is going deep in the the assassin tree and getting improved stealth and the speed boost.

With the same number of points spent though you could have a pretty tough RS build

Thoughts anyone?

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.

Quote Originally Posted by Draik View Post

Personally i think the phase shifting and warping of a rift stalking is a much better compliment to Ranged classes then the gimmpy 30 second 30% movement speed decreased stealth.

The only instance i think stealth would be worth it is going deep in the the assassin tree and getting improved stealth and the speed boost.

With the same number of points spent though you could have a pretty tough RS build

Thoughts anyone?
    Depends honestly, i'd prefer stealth for solo World PvP.

But i'd say riftstalker would work better in group pvp and dueling.
    'I have long since closed my eyes... My only goal is in the Darkness.'

Quote Originally Posted by Raiyu View Post
    Depends honestly, i'd prefer stealth for solo World PvP.

But i'd say riftstalker would work better in group pvp and dueling.
    Agreed, I love the stealth, especially the incapacitate for 45 seconds lol. Voting towards Assy

I'd prefer Assassin/Riftstalker. Leave NB for pve. Or is this for pve?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Vadar View Post
    I'd prefer Assassin/Riftstalker. Leave NB for pve. Or is this for pve?
    Vadar the problem you're going to face without high points in NB is no heal debuff. Sins don't have one (and they probably should. You say leave NB for PvE but I would say Fell Blades is the most useful ability for PvP since that heal debuff proc is really going to help. 50% less heals on a target is huge. The only excpetion may be that if you are 100% sure you're running in a PvP group where someone has a heal debuff to use in the assist train. It will also depend how your assists work. Basic assists is get your 10 man and have everyone all focus on one target. More advanced assisting would have two different dps groups take down two targets at a time. So in that case you're going to need a heal debuff for each assist group (this isn't always the best or anything but I am just making a point that a heal debuff is going to be useful so high NB is going to be useful).

Quote Originally Posted by Ravzar View Post
    I am just making a point that a heal debuff is going to be useful so high NB is going to be useful).
    I was thinking about that, and this may be the case for WF pvp and certainly a healing debuff is never a bad thing, but i think the Assassin/MM build is more for world pvp rift ganking and opportunity fights, where a healing debuff isnt always needed because you and pick and choose who to attack and when to attack.

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.

Wow, hey Ravzar, been a long long time mate. Let me know what faction you're going.

hehe anything will be useful with high points. Fell blades has a 20% chance to proc and requires 32 points in the tree. If you want a heal debuff wouldn't it be better to get anathema from infiltrator. This verse assassins indefinate stealth with no movement debuff, blind and two stuns. I dunno, depends on what you want I guess.

Rift Disciple

Thoughts anyone?
    Or you could make a nasty rs/nb that can do some nifty teleporting, great melee dmg, good ranged with snare and ranged finisher..... Stealth, teleports, great application possibilities.

Plane Touched

I'm gonna do both for a NB/RS combo. Stealth up, then teleport around to negate the speed disadvantage. I know for a fact that the basic 15 meters forward teleport does not break stealth....and I'm fairly certain the same holds true for all your teleports that don't inflict damage.

RS provides insane mobility with all its teleports, and each teleport provides a variety of passive buffs that benefit an mdps greatly.

NB's give......well I don't talk about Night Blades.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Vadar View Post
    Wow, hey Ravzar, been a long long time mate. Let me know what faction you're going.

hehe anything will be useful with high points. Fell blades has a 20% chance to proc and requires 32 points in the tree. If you want a heal debuff wouldn't it be better to get anathema from infiltrator. This verse assassins indefinate stealth with no movement debuff, blind and two stuns. I dunno, depends on what you want I guess.
    Yes... you can't stand in the guards and pull people in this game:P I am probably going to roll defiant at this point.

The thing with anathema is that it has a 30s cd which seems a bit too long, it uses a GCD but does no damage, and it reduces in effectiveness per heal received. Now it is ranged which means you can use it from ranged but with the 20% proc it is going to proc in your first 5 attacks mathematically speaking and it does damage too when it goes off. Therefore it will be up more often then anathema on a 30s cd. Nightblades also do insane damage which compliments assasisns quite nicely. Assasins have some nice dots and some good positional abilities like assassinate and backstab but nightblade finishers just do so much burst and you get a ranged snare which is nice. However, this is still all speculation since it just depends on patch changes and also how well things perform in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravzar View Post
    Yes... you can't stand in the guards and pull people in this game:P I am probably going to roll defiant at this point.
    Well maybe not in warfronts... hehe. I was actually going to roll warrior just for the pull, but warlord sucks balls and void knight just isn't my style.

I thinlk the Nightblade debate is more of a what it brings to the purpose of the build. You'll probably have a ganking spec, and a group pvp spec. For your ganking spec it would probably be best if it was stealth based. This is Marksman primary of course.

For group pvp stealth might not be an issue, so you might want to maximise your damage and go nightblade with a not so effective stealth ability. Or you could just forget it and use the stealth from infiltrator with the heal debuff. I just hate abilities with chances to proc. I prefer the reliable ability.

You could try assassin and nightblade together with MM, but that's alot of wasted points on double abilities. After the serated blades nerf, it seems infiltrator is winning.

Oh and I'm rolling defiant also.
    Last edited by Vadar; 02-23-2011 at 02:11 AM.

Telaran

If you go NB/assassin (you can still put some points in inflitrator or even BD if the +AA damage ends up being good but I don't think it will) you're going to do a lot of damage. Sins have nice positionals, a good stun, and there is a good dot included too which looks to do a fair bit of damage. However, nightblade burst is really good and their finishers do a lot of damage. Combining both is a DPS powerhouse.

I am really just looking for the highest mdps and I don't care about stealth so much since you get it base anyway. If I really think it is worth it then perhaps I will stick 2 points in assassin more to improve my stealth to get it up to 30% run speed and less chance to be dectected but it will come at a hit to damage.

Sin + Nb also gives so many damage % buffs.

+ Reply to Thread