+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranger/Marksman/Blade dancer

Rift Master

Default Ranger/Marksman/Blade dancer

I've been thinking about what I want to play and I'm curious about trying a Ranged DPS Role, I want to take Ranger as my main Soul and Marksman as second to compliment it but it's the third Soul I'm wondering about - would Blade Dancer be a good choice? I want to have some Melee abilities for when enemies close in.

I find I like this idea because I can use the same Build for Solo and Groups as I'll be Ranged DPS, and if I ever want to - I could Spec higher into Blade Dancer and get involved in the Melee aspect of the Rogue. There's also the possibility of specializing in Bard if I ever wanted to play a Support Role in Groups.

What do you think?

BD isnt the best compliment to Ranger/MM. I would probably suggests either NB so u can stealth and add fire damage to attacks and also have ranged melee attacks like a ranged sap. Or go assassin but that was just recently nerfed. I personally like Sab too for the aoe slow but i never put any points in it.

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.

Well honestly dont go blade dancer, Do not get me wrong its definitely a decent meelee but I think if you go Assassin/Ranger/Marksmen Youll be more satisfied, not only will you be deadly with posion and other buffs the assassin gets it can be used with ranger/marksman . Ive tested this and it is very effective not only as a solo class also as a excellant PVP class as well. The assassin has great abilities and hits had and fast, with minimal cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Draik View Post
    BD isnt the best compliment to Ranger/MM. I would probably suggests either NB so u can stealth and add fire damage to attacks and also have ranged melee attacks like a ranged sap. Or go assassin but that was just recently nerfed. I personally like Sab too for the aoe slow but i never put any points in it.
    True but they didnt nerf it to bad, i was able to still do ALOt of damage and excel in PVP but My original setup was Assassin / Bladedancer / Marksmen and that worked out extremely well even with the nerf. Poison damage, bleed out and the dodge and canny of blade dancer. If he went Assy/ BD/Ranger that combo would be good due to the bonus to dodging the BD gets and teh deadly strikes the assy get, not to mention poison buffs and such, then the pet combo with a ranger and good more crit chance.

But just my two cents and advice.

Rift Master

Thanks everyone for the info and advice, appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Erluu View Post
    Well honestly dont go blade dancer, Do not get me wrong its definitely a decent meelee but I think if you go Assassin/Ranger/Marksmen Youll be more satisfied, not only will you be deadly with posion and other buffs the assassin gets it can be used with ranger/marksman . Ive tested this and it is very effective not only as a solo class also as a excellant PVP class as well. The assassin has great abilities and hits had and fast, with minimal cooldown.
    I should've mentioned that I'm not interested in Nightblade or Saboteur for RP reasons, but Assassin on the other hand is totally acceptable - are you saying the Poisons and other skills that the Assassin use will work for Ranged attacks as a Ranger/marksman? If so that's fantastic.

Keep in mind the vast majority of points, at the least 30 will be spent in Ranger and I would like a good amount in Marksman, would Assassin still be helpful with only a handful of points spent? Also I just though, if I ever wanted to go Melee I could swap out Marksman for Blade Dancer and go Blade dancer/Ranger/Assassin.

Again, appreciate the input - what do you think?

+ Reply to Thread