+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do points spent in a soul improve the abilities in a soul?

Default Do points spent in a soul improve the abilities in a soul?

Meaning, if I had 38 points in assassin would my backstab hit harder than if I had 31? (assuming the extra points were unrelated to the backstab skill of course).

Certain souls have talents where spending more points in the tree would improve the abilities from that tree. Outside that, no.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kadin View Post
    Meaning, if I had 38 points in assassin would my backstab hit harder than if I had 31? (assuming the extra points were unrelated to the backstab skill of course).
    The more points you put in a soul allows it to scale further. I'm not sure how many points you have to put in to get it to rank up all the way till you're level 50. For example, if you only invested 10 points in ranger, your pig summon will stop around level 30. However, if you put around 30 points in ranger, it can be leveled higher than 30. I'm totally talking out of my *** and have no proof of this so take it with a grain of salt.

Telaran

Putting points into a soul is different than going to a trainer to get the said items rank up, not sure if this helps but after you level you can go to class trainer and increase certain items ranks

No, it does not matter how many points in a Soul you place, it will not increase the efficiency of the skill unless a. its directly related somehow. b. it specifically states that the skill is dependent on the amount of points used in certain soul.
    Play to Crush.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenkuro View Post
    The more points you put in a soul allows it to scale further. I'm not sure how many points you have to put in to get it to rank up all the way till you're level 50. For example, if you only invested 10 points in ranger, your pig summon will stop around level 30. However, if you put around 30 points in ranger, it can be leveled higher than 30. I'm totally talking out of my *** and have no proof of this so take it with a grain of salt.
    yup, talking out your *** ;)

the razorbeast stops at level 30 because it's the basic razorbeast and thats as far as the ranks for that skill allows, it only goes above level 30 at 24 points because you now can summon a greater razorbeast, a different skill altogether, with new ranks as you level.

as mentioned by others, only if the talent specifically says it's affected by more soul points does it do so.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Telora View Post
    yup, talking out your *** ;)

the razorbeast stops at level 30 because it's the basic razorbeast and thats as far as the ranks for that skill allows, it only goes above level 30 at 24 points because you now can summon a greater razorbeast, a different skill altogether, with new ranks as you level.

as mentioned by others, only if the talent specifically says it's affected by more soul points does it do so.
    Thanks for putting me in my place. It felt great.

sorry, I forgot to give you a complimentary tube of vaseline to go with that

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Telora View Post
    sorry, I forgot to give you a complimentary tube of vaseline to go with that
    I'm going to need it. I don't think mine will fit in yours.

One thing that I didn't see anyone mention is that while putting more points into a tree won't increase the damage of abilities you learned before, training higher ranks of the spells you know will. Is that what you were actually trying to find out?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiseki View Post
    One thing that I didn't see anyone mention is that while putting more points into a tree won't increase the damage of abilities you learned before, training higher ranks of the spells you know will. Is that what you were actually trying to find out?
    That's what he was asking and it got answered.
    Vote for my house - Montigue On Faeblight

+ Reply to Thread