+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Give us Pickpocketing pls!

Soulwalker

Default Give us Pickpocketing pls!

What kind of rogue is it without ability to steal! Trion satisfy our clepto needs, implement pickpocket!

Champion

Figures a guy named Taliban is all for stealing

Quote Originally Posted by XFracture View Post
    Figures a guy named Taliban is all for stealing
    Considering that the world Taliban roughly translated means "Seekers of Knowledge" has nothing to do with the act of stealing.

Pack to the topic on hand.

It takes a lot to implement a "pick pocketing system". You have to weigh the pros and cons of it and in my own opinion the cons out weigh the pros. Pickpocketing gives a class, rogues for instance, a chance to make more money than other classes. Giving them an edge over other classes.

This can ultimately make an economy unstable, although rarely does, or make an influx of rogues unbalancing classes. I have seen MMOs when they first come out get very rogue heavy simply to pickpocket. I will use FFXI for example. When the US release hit, many players became thieves simply for pick pocket. This made it so thieves could make insane amounts of money quickly. So much so that SE took a stance of nerfing the skill giving it a longer timer and lowering the chance to successfully pickpocket greatly.

From an immersion/role playing perspective. Does it make sense to take there stuff and than get even more stuff? Of course it does, but to do it correctly what ever you pickpocket should effect what that enemy than now carries when the die. This can create a very intense strain on the server as it's tracking all this half loot on enemies. To take that further how would you feel if everything you killed gave you half loot because a rogue came through earlier and stole everything?

I'm just rambling.... ignore me. :P

Sunrest - Defiant | Deilax - Rogue | Gumpert - Cleric

Soulwalker

+ Reply to Thread