+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard Spec

Soulwalker

Default Bard Spec

PLease give feedback about my spec
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0Vszqz.VIx.Vhx
    This is a pvp spec ofcourse
    Last edited by mikeasic; 02-22-2011 at 08:18 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by mikeasic View Post
    PLease give feedback about my spec
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0Vszqz.VIx.Vhx
    This is a pvp spec of course
    I'm a bit new to bard...but.
    I like the supporting souls but my preference is in all bard builds to take Street performer 5/5 and Improved Anthem of Competance.

I've played many pvp MMORPG's and for me a group run speed buff (usable in combat) is the most important buff there is hands down.

It may not appeal to mix maxers for added dps or stats paperwise ; but in pvp run speed is king.

As a side bonus you can switch anthems on the fly so the other ones will also be improved.. but I would run Anthem of Competance all the time unless another bard was doing so.
    Last edited by Beans; 02-22-2011 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    I'm a bit new to bard...but.
    I like the supporting souls but my preference is in all bard builds to take Street performer 5/5 and Improved Anthem of Competance.

I've played many pvp MMORPG's and for me a group run speed buff (usable in combat) is the most important buff there is hands down.

It may not appeal to mix maxers for added dps or stats paperwise ; but in pvp run speed is king.

As a side bonus you can switch anthems on the fly so the other ones will also be improved.. but I would run Anthem of Competance all the time unless another bard was doing so.

So, with the extra 30% of Street Performer and Imp Anthem of Competence, we could be running 19% faster in combat? That seems huge. I'd give up Street Smarts and maybe a point in each Good Health and Great Fortitude.

The run speed would be great considering we have only a 20m range. Shadow Shift plus an extra 19% run speed is too good to pass up.

20% at 5/5 in street performer

in my opinion, i'd say drop the 2 in talented composer(the range is fine by itself) and the 3 and street smart. For the extra pointed needed for improved competence, you should think about getting rid of the point in verse of fascination possibly. While an aoe 8 sec mez looks good on paper, in pvp most of it involves large amounts of aoe dmg going on, so it'll rarely be that effective, plus you'll still have your single target mez in any case. I'd also suggest trying to find a point you can take from something else(maybe bardic inspiration) to put in coda of fury, it's a very nice 8 target aoe ranged finisher, which again is always a good thing in the chaos of warfronts.

From the rifstalker side i'd consider maybe taking two points out of great fortitude and putting it into rift guard and improved rift guard, slightly less hp's, but you'd be gaining the ability absorb an extra 17.5% of dmg, great for when you need to turtle a bit, and getting quick combo points isn't that much of a problem for a bard.
    Last edited by Telora; 02-22-2011 at 10:50 PM.

If you want serious PvP as a Bard, get Infiltrator and grind your butt off to open up that tree.

Besides that, Nightblade is pretty much a must have 2nd tree for a PvP Bard for the extra damage on Candence (more healing), extra healing on finisher.

Telaran

I really like your points in the nightblade spec, but keep in mind that although bard is not easy to kill 1 on 1, that the fights can drag on a bit. I would take street performer, and improved anthem of competance. The extra armor is nice, but in certain fights, it is pretty nice to have the constant 20% run speed buff, as opposed to it dropping when combat starts. For group pvp, your build should do fairly well though. If I was going to try and recreate your spec it would be hard, because the things that increase your mobility, will reduce your damage.

Depending on what classes you are going up against you might not be able to sustain your health without constantly spamming coda of rest. Because of that I might lean more towards removing 5 points from coup de grace. On the other hand, if you are really trying to keep the damage as high as possible you can take at least 3 points from triumphant spirit. Like I said though from my experience in the mid 30's I was using restoration way more then wrath. So I tend to lean more towards the heal side for importance.

I really love the bard class in this game, but there are quite a few playing rogues in my guild, so I have decided to go mage instead. Because of this, I do not mind showing you one of my planned builds. It does border more on pve, but not changing any of the points around, I can still top heal any warfront I walk into.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...qiqskqz.V0b.Vh

I am a strong believer in the 51 point bard. Verse of joy looks like one of the best 51 pointers in my opinion, and also the 44 pointer is an extra group
    emergency heal.

Oh and I did not know if it had been tested yet, but does coup de grace work with restoration? Restoration is quoted as a heal, as opposed to cadence which derives its healing from damage.
    Last edited by HateX; 02-23-2011 at 02:02 AM.
    <a href=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f384/badkarm4/avenged_super_death_trike.jpg target=_blank>http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...eath_trike.jpg</a>

Shadowlander

Coup de grace does not affect coda of resto in anyway, topping wf is not exactly difficult the class is desinged to over heal so most of the numbers are pointless.

That build is incredibly squishy and wont last very long in a fight would be fine in pve but not pvp. Why is the infiltrator soul of use to a bard?

Unseen fury i saw no real difference on my cadence, cant comment in relation to our coda.
    Last edited by El Diablo; 02-23-2011 at 03:03 AM.

I would put most of the points from NB into RS for added surv. Just get enough NB for conceal

Soulwalker

Thank you guys for your feedback

Telaran

I'm looking at this 34 Bard / 26 Riftstalker / 8 Nightblade build currently for my Rogue alt. With 4 Plane Shift teleports from Riftstalker, I have a lot of get out of jail cards. This is especially true since after those teleports I'll take 15% less damage (20% if Motif of Tenacity is up) as well as move at +30% speed (+50% if Anthem of Competence is up.)

I'm tempted to take a point out of Hasted Time (which drops run speed after ports down to 15%) but pick up Freedom of Movement so that I'll be immune to roots, snares and stuns for a couple seconds after teleporting.

Shadowlander

Not bad but I'd put a pt. into Improved Anthem of Competence like others suggested. Speed kills. For a PvP build I'm looking at this and my focus will be on taking out casters. I figure I'd have issues taking out tanks no matter how I spec so I'll stick to buffing my team and rolling healers/mages when opportunity presents itself. This build is given what I know now about the endgame.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...kRz.xx0R0b0x0o

Soulwalker

Default Looking for constructive criticism.

I took a look at the first build posted and decided to develop my own PvP build for bards. It is based largely off of the originals but with some of the suggestions I read here and some of my own ideas tossed in.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...k0z.VIxhz0zo.E

It focuses on surviving more than anything with just enough offense to allow you to hurt the enemy when you can. Between all of the damage reducers, extra hp and self healing I'm hoping for a long lasting, party sustaining bard.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mezmur View Post
    Not bad but I'd put a pt. into Improved Anthem of Competence like others suggested. Speed kills. For a PvP build I'm looking at this and my focus will be on taking out casters. I figure I'd have issues taking out tanks no matter how I spec so I'll stick to buffing my team and rolling healers/mages when opportunity presents itself. This build is given what I know now about the endgame.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...kRz.xx0R0b0x0o
    Problem with adding Infiltrator to a heavy Bard build (especially one mixed with Nightblade) is that none of your abilities do physical damage. Everything is Life or Fire based. You also don't benefit from Armor Penetration as much since you are doing magical damage for the most part. There are some nice things higher up in Inf, but you basically throw 10 points away to get them.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ccubed View Post
    I'm looking at this 34 Bard / 26 Riftstalker / 8 Nightblade build currently for my Rogue alt. With 4 Plane Shift teleports from Riftstalker, I have a lot of get out of jail cards. This is especially true since after those teleports I'll take 15% less damage (20% if Motif of Tenacity is up) as well as move at +30% speed (+50% if Anthem of Competence is up.)

I'm tempted to take a point out of Hasted Time (which drops run speed after ports down to 15%) but pick up Freedom of Movement so that I'll be immune to roots, snares and stuns for a couple seconds after teleporting.
    This sounds fun

Soulwalker

I would probably get extended grief. Being able to keep your coda debuffs up for an additional 30secs might be worth it in what could be a long fight.

+ Reply to Thread