+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sab charges question?

Default Sab charges question?

Can a Sab have more than 5 charges on someone? I know they can only have up to 5 charges of the same type, but what about different types?

Example: 5 blast and 3 spike on the same target

Or, does each additional charge, over 5, remove a previously placed charge?
    "I think the idea of art kills creativity." -Douglas Noel Adams

Plane Touched

it removes the last charge you used. max of 5 charges on a target.

irrelevant of topic but did any other sabs out there notice splinter charge doesnt stay for the full duration? just wondering if it is bugged.
    I really enjoy the fact this topic has NOTHING to do about Rift, and it turned into a Rift fest.

I'm just gonna report my own thread and be done with it.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by dezmeron View Post
    Can a Sab have more than 5 charges on someone? I know they can only have up to 5 charges of the same type, but what about different types?

Example: 5 blast and 3 spike on the same target

Or, does each additional charge, over 5, remove a previously placed charge?
    technically only 5 charges, but there is a talent later that allows them to stack 1 more of each charge thrown. I have tested it quite a bit and the damage does not seem to as good as blast charges and detonate for burst damage. Some of those other charges are dot type damage. The majority of the boosting talents in the tree are for blast charges and detonate. Frankly the rest of the charges are sub par comparitively, except maybe spike charge.
    Last edited by Kahkon; 02-22-2011 at 08:16 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Zeropride View Post
    it removes the last charge you used. max of 5 charges on a target.

irrelevant of topic but did any other sabs out there notice splinter charge doesnt stay for the full duration? just wondering if it is bugged.
    I noticed splinter charge fading on mobs in 5 seconds (specifically instance bosses), but I had assumed that was an "instance boss thing". Never really checked in PvP, as I'm too engrossed in staying alive.

So with charge booster you could possibly get 10 charges on 1 mob as long as they are of 5 different type?
    Last edited by dezmeron; 02-22-2011 at 08:19 PM.
    "I think the idea of art kills creativity." -Douglas Noel Adams

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kahkon View Post
    technically only 5 charges, but there is a talent later that allows them to stack 1 more of each charge thrown. I have tested it quite a bit and the damage does not seem to as good as blast charges and detonate for burst damage. Some of those other charges are dot type damage. The majority of the boosting talents in the tree are for blast charges and detonate. Frankly the rest of the charges are sub par comparitively, except maybe spike charge.
    For pure DPS, this is true, but in pvp at least you're generally not 1 shotting someone, so a caltrop charge and a splinter charge are good for setting up the kill - lower armor and a snare makes it easier to get that second set of charges up for the drop.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by cygnarite View Post
    I noticed splinter charge fading on mobs in 5 seconds (specifically instance bosses), but I had assumed that was an "instance boss thing". Never really checked in PvP, as I'm too engrossed in staying alive.
    i only use that charge in instances. for bosses and trash mobs inside the instance it fades. i wont be playing sab at launch, so other sabs pay attention and report accordingly because i do think its bugged.
    I really enjoy the fact this topic has NOTHING to do about Rift, and it turned into a Rift fest.

I'm just gonna report my own thread and be done with it.

+ Reply to Thread