+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Maining a bard, im excited

Soulwalker

Default Maining a bard, im excited

Sadly, one of the souls i never tried during the beta was the bard. After watching a bunch of videos and reading up alot, i decided that this will be the soul for me. Pretty decent damage and aoe heals to boot all while playing a guitar, how isnt that fun.

Who else is gonna main soul bard on head start? Quite frankly im excited for my Ranger/MM/Bard character.

Soulwalker

I will be putting 48 points into bard and 18 points into marksman. I played this during beta and really had a good time with it. It's a great asset to any group. Heals are great and dps even with just bard styles isn't bad either.

I'm really excited as well.

Soulwalker

I dont even know why. I was all ready to do Ranger/MM/sab but then i read up on bard and boom. Instantly wanted to play it.

Default Bard FTW

You're gonna have a blast with Bard...it will also be my main!

Bard/NB/SB
    Simplicity..

1st role will be 51 Bard, with Ranger and Sabo.

Love Riftbards.

Need more faster run speed...
    "We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams"
    Arthur O'Shaughnessy

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by lordzedd12 View Post
    Sadly, one of the souls i never tried during the beta was the bard. After watching a bunch of videos and reading up alot, i decided that this will be the soul for me. Pretty decent damage and aoe heals to boot all while playing a guitar, how isnt that fun.

Who else is gonna main soul bard on head start? Quite frankly im excited for my Ranger/MM/Bard character.
    Me.
    I was a mage in beta 4 till lvl 25 tried everything but then at the end liked Chloro the most.

I was a MM/Ranger/Assn till 35 I tried many builds with those 3 souls. I did about 30k favor with it.
    Then in the last hours of beta I tried bard with a few different strats at lvl 35 on mobs and in black garden.
    I liked bard even more.

I originally wanted a pvp dps burst class but ended up chloro as a mage and bard as a rogue both support classes.

On release I think ill start with a Ranger/nightblade/bard then switch to Bard/nightblade/riftstalker and in the late 30's Sab/bard/rift.
    All during that time ill have a PVP role ; and a PVE group/raid role.

I plan on at least 3 working roles with bard main.
    Last edited by Beans; 02-22-2011 at 06:47 PM.

Soulwalker

Ranger and bard. So freaking excited. Ive been impatient since the end of beta lol.

Its not going to be my main but I tried a bard/ nightblade/ ranger and it was extremely fun. Nothing like killing something through music

Soulwalker

ill be full support for raiding once i find a server and guild lol.

my brother is going to tank, ill be his heals.

I'm leaning towards it more being a lute.

Telaran

Bard 34 - Nightblade - 32 - Riftstalker 0

That will be my leveling build. For raiding I will be 51 points in the bard tree and dabble in Nightblade and probably Sab.

Soulwalker

I dont even know why. I was all ready to do Ranger/MM/sab but then i read up on bard and boom. Instantly wanted to play it.
    thats the build im going...the slow you get from sab is great for the ranged rouge. But I plan to buy the bard soul asap. The AOE heals will be nice to heal if I feel like going a support route.

I've been a Bard since beta 1. It's the only character I've ever played on Rift and it is really the only character I intend to play in Live. The class has almost everything you could ask for.
    Author of Support Bard Guide and Officer of Nuln Highway Boys

Does 5m range bonus from MM buff Bard's ranged moves? Or is it only affecting abilities that require a ranged weapon (various shots)?

As to the build, I am planning to go heavy(44) bard, 13 into Nightblade and remainder into Riftstalker. This seems to be providing the most optimal healing/support build for me.

Soulwalker

Default Where is the Bard?!

In reviewing the different classes since the beta ended I've noticed there are only 7 listed for each class now and not 8 ... were some taken out? Because Bard is not listed under rogue...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast