+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard spec ... full support

Telaran

Default Bard spec ... full support

Ok, just trying to come up with a build for my bard.. Its more for my wife who just wants to heal and not realy dps. She wants to have super awesome buffs and at least decent heals. So far this is what I got... not sure if i need to reduce or do more in anything.. and also not sure what to use as 3rd sould.. any help is appreciated.

<a href="http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0Mcp_.EcdVV0soqz.xIx">Bard (38) / Riftstalker (16)</a>

The Nightblade soul has has a couple abilities to spec in that play well with a bard the first 5 points being in increased damage from abilities that generate a combo point ie cadence which translates directly into it providing more healing. and the second being the five points into improving your combo dump moves. I hope this helps.
    it is pitch black, you are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Telaran

She isn't big on having to attack things in order to improve heals.. not sure if that what you meant.. sorry my wife is simple and i'm glad I could even get her to log on.. trying to keep it simple for her... basicly buff up and occasional heal my butt every now and then and craft stuff... she likes to make "pretty" armor :P

Quote Originally Posted by Xpade View Post
    She isn't big on having to attack things in order to improve heals.. not sure if that what you meant.. sorry my wife is simple and i'm glad I could even get her to log on.. trying to keep it simple for her... basicly buff up and occasional heal my butt every now and then and craft stuff... she likes to make "pretty" armor :P
    Unfortunately, this is pretty much how all of the bard's healing works. If she wants to be a true healer, and doesnt want to have to attack things to do it (ruling out Chloromancer), then she will have to roll with one of the Cleric specs, unfortunately.

Effective Health: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Ranger - Avoidance: 36 Riftstalker/8 Bard/22 Bladedancer - Healthy Mix: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Bladedancer
    Riftstalker Tanking - Key Abilities and Mechanics 2.0
    Zayrinoke, Level 50 Bahmi Rogue - Zerstorer, Level 43 Bahmi Warrior - Asche, Level 20 Kelari Cleric - Haifisch, Level 32 Eth Mage
    Multiple Shards

Plane Walker

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....EIdqiqskqz.Vh

Cadence, cadence, cadence!

Unfortunately, as a bard you have to attack in order to heal. And as the previous poster said, if she doesn't want to do that, then she's better off rolling a cleric.

EDIT: To add. A bard isn't really a "healing" class per-say. While Bards are useful in groups, it's not a healing class. More of a supplement or a helper per-say, to the actual healer.
    Last edited by Neykho; 02-22-2011 at 04:54 PM.

Telaran

They do have decent buffs don't they? I think she would be more beneficial for her/me to have good buffs than have to even heal.. or just spam group/aoe heals. I love her to death.. but not focused enough to target heal :P

Telaran

That ... I would like to keep an option open for her to be able to stealth since we might run with alot of stealth groups.

Plane Walker

They do have decent buffs don't they? I think she would be more beneficial for her/me to have good buffs than have to even heal.. or just spam group/aoe heals. I love her to death.. but not focused enough to target heal :P
    Are you referring to the Bard? If so, yes to all of them. Not sure about the Cleric though.

Plane Walker

That ... I would like to keep an option open for her to be able to stealth since we might run with alot of stealth groups.
    The build I posted includes Stealth from the Nightblade. It's only 30 seconds, but it's still stealth. You also, get a ranged 45 second mezz with a quick cooldown.

Also, for PvP, you may want to remove some points from the bard tree and stick them into the rifstalker tree for more survivability.
    Last edited by Neykho; 02-22-2011 at 05:06 PM.

Telaran

Yeah, she's not big on PvP she's more of the "help" me player and into crafting and exploring things... wish she was a pvp'er though.. just dont' think she enjoys the pace of pvp.. she wants to be able to afk on a whim .. hard to explain.

+ Reply to Thread