+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about assassin / sab build?

Rift Chaser

Default Question about assassin / sab build?

If ya make a build that has a saboteur and assassin in it will silent setup break stealth i mean you go perma stealth from the assassin tree then find a mob and if ya add charges that wont add threat break yer stealth?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Styxxey View Post
    If ya make a build that has a saboteur and assassin in it will silent setup break stealth i mean you go perma stealth from the assassin tree then find a mob and if ya add charges that wont add threat break yer stealth?
    It breaks stealth....

Rift Chaser

thx i have another question while ya have 3 points in silent setup will shrapnel charge still give ya agroe since yer hurting the mob. i would be surprised if it wouldnt cause then ya can jsut spam that damage and blow him to pieces without him ever coming after yas? and only for 13 points? spent.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Styxxey View Post
    thx i have another question while ya have 3 points in silent setup will shrapnel charge still give ya agroe since yer hurting the mob. i would be surprised if it wouldnt cause then ya can jsut spam that damage and blow him to pieces without him ever coming after yas? and only for 13 points? spent.
    yes anything that damages a mob will give u aggro...You won't get aggro on the charge....you get it on detonate.

Champion

Can someone please explain the appeal of Sin/Sab builds?

Is it the stealth? Is that why they pass over other trees?

Rift Chaser

thx again, ive been looking over the souls and since the assassin got nerfed a bit whereas it to be a worthwhile ya either need to use 5 or 17 points into the assassin soul for single target dps (at least thats what i thought up b4 the nerf) now im trying to make a ranged AOE build.

I came up with MM 28 / 24 Ranger / 14 Sab this would give ya a ton of AE abilities including rain of arrows and crossfire but also the Aes from the saboteur someone prolly already thought it up but im just wondering if its worth trying having the tank pet from the ranger tank for ya on single target and using the MM abilities to get one target down fast and then for AE fights like rifts ya could make use of the sab more since he is more AE oriented the 2 MM / ranger AEs are just a bonus to the mix i guess.

Rift Chaser

oh if ya attach a charge will yer ranger pet attack automatically if ya just leave default stance up?

Quote Originally Posted by XFracture View Post
    Can someone please explain the appeal of Sin/Sab builds?

Is it the stealth? Is that why they pass over other trees?
    This is from a previous post of mine, but it shows a bit of why I chose Assassin:

I went up far enough in Sab to ensure my charges and detonates are taken care of. I grabbed all of the +damage modifiers in Assassin including "Poison Potency", so in combination with Sab's "Increased Explosive Power" my charges will end up doing +30% damage. I also went up Riftstalker enough so that I get all the synergies with Shadow Shift i.e: +15% crit after SS, 15 second CD reduction to SS, and +30% haste after SS that all occurs in 1 click.

For damage based modifiers I will gain:
    +30% Charge Damage
    +25% Detonate Damage
    +20% Crit from combined skills, not including character stats.
    +15% Attack Power
    +4% Physical Damage
    +10% Damage after critting
    +20% Critical Hit Damage

For Survivability I will gain:
    Silent Setup
    +15% Increased Endurance
    30 second Shadow Shift that increases crit by15% and speed by 30%
    Rift Scavenger

You can always stealth/incapacitate/Charge/chocking gas/detonate... Good way to kill solo casters and those that can cleanse charges.

My build is Sab/Bard/Rift and Assas/bard/Rift as well as Sab/Assas/Rift. (rift only for the teleport) I chose bard for the buffs and the speedsong in combat

Rift Disciple

Styxxey the ranger from eq2?

+ Reply to Thread