+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvPvE Assassin/Blade Dancer/Sab bulid, Need opinions please.

Soulwalker

Default PvPvE Assassin/Blade Dancer/Sab bulid, Need opinions please.

Well i'd like to start off by stating that I enjoy a melee in your face playstyle vs anything ranged that is one of the main reasons for this build, I have several years of experience playing MMO's on the PvP side of the game such as WoW arena's in the 2200+ bracket in 2's,3's and 5's and PvP in Aion.

With that said i'd like to also state that the bases of this build is more PvP than PvE since I will be leveling on a PvP server and will also be leveling with my wife who is going to be playing a Cleric. Also this build is more driven to CC/interupts and Direct hard hitting damage, no bleeds.

So to the build. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....0AMbtcbqd0o.V

With the assassin tree I have selected all the direct damage abilities that are not specific skill related as i do not intend to use savage strike or final blow in my rotation. I have opted for the imp stealth (a must for PvP rogues imo)

with the blade dancer tree i have also opted to pick up all direct damage abilities as well as the imp quick/precision/keen strike abilities as those will be my main skills for this rotation build and finishers will be dauntless just to apply the increased crit buff and deadly strike for the increased damage on the next to combo building attacks 6% per combo point = to 30% more damage on next to combo attacks. you get the ranged interupt from weapon barrage and you get the charge ability to close gaps and root.

with the Sabatuer its mostly to get the additional 15% dexterity and the sticky bomb, good to keep someone from getting away or closing a gap if your charge is on cooldown.

I'm sure i may have overlooked some things and thats why i would like some outside opinions. I would appreciate a reason why you would take something else over a skill i have chosen and possibly explain why you think it would be better to allow me to gain insight to your reason and see something i may have over looked. I appreciate all constructive criticsim. If your just gonna make ramblings on how my build sucks without any reason to back up the reasoning i would appreciate if you didn't try and troll my post as i am looking for some real insight not just flamers.

Soulwalker

I would like to add that my process is making this spec is purely theoretical as i have only played a assassin to lvl 17 so i have no real numbers to go off of just speculation from past MMO experience, so if anyone has any real experience with any of the skill/setup i plan on using that can give me some real feedback it would be greatly appreciated.

Soulwalker

bump,

i'm guessing this is either a respectable build or people don't know enough about the game to give solid feedback, i'm guessing the later of the two since the game is so new. I know that i have pretty decent insights when it comes to PvP but i find it hard to believe i found an inpenetrable build in my first try.

Soulwalker

This may be a personal preference but I would drop Poison Potency. Atleast one point for backstab(you are going to stealth), another for puncture(quick 2AP), and last point in serrated blades. Serrated blades is supposedly being changed so ... You are going to spend some time chasing people in PvP DoTs will be your friend if PS/BS doesnt put them down.
    Blade Finesse sounds like a good idea in theory but you use many more skills than auto-attacking. Try right clicking a mob, only right clicking to attack and you will see...

Soulwalker

now this is the type of feedback i'm looking for, so a few questions i have about your thoughts.

1) Does back stab do more damage then assassinate?

2) i can see your point about gonna be chasing people so having the bleeds would help but thats what the poison that slows 70% + the sticky bomb from Sab and the charge is good for closing in on. so its something worth testing for sure, it may just be a personal preference.

3) as far as the auto attack goes i can see dropping that since you do use more special abilities then auto attacks.

with that being said i have a few questions if anyone happens to know.

Do your auto attack times reset everytime you use a special ability that is instant? Do you get attack power with dexterity like in most MMO's, i saw a post somewhere that showed the stats point for point that you get and it showed that AP was 1 for 1 with strength but it didn't say if AP was also from dexterity it did however show crit which is good for rogues but there has to be a balance between crit and dexterity so if there is no AP gain from dexterity then stacking some strength seems neccesary. If anyone could confirm the stat gains i would greatly appreciate it.

Telaran

Honestly seems like warrior would be better fit for you. You say you want a more in your face play style. Warrior is your answer.

Soulwalker

I played as a RET pally in WoW for nearly 4 of the 5 years i played the game then played an Assassin in AION for nearly a year, just something about the assassin playstyle that I liked more then the 2h brute force playstyle.

+ Reply to Thread