+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: High burst and high survivability pvp build

Soulwalker

Default [Sin/RS] High burst and high survivability pvp build

Hi guys!

I haven't had the chance to test this build in Beta, and since I can't do it anymore I was thinking about getting some feedback from you.
    Considering that I was never a fan of the glass cannon concept, I'm aiming to offer the Sin build a higher survivability without sacrificing to much dps.
    As I was looking over the RS soul tree, I noticed how some lower tiers talents were oriented on high burst dmg or neat passive triggers after performing a plane shift. I thought that this might work nicely with the sin build, considering that plane shifting doesn't break stealth.

So, I went for a Sin/RS/BD build.
    In the Sin tree I took almost every talent, except Puncture and Backstab, since I consider both to be rendered useless by Jagged Strike and Assassinate. I'm not sure if this is really the case since I didn't get to use any of these, but from what the tooltip says this should be right.
    As my tertiary soul I went with BD, mainly for Side Steps, which might get you through a tough fight.

The key of this build is in the RS tree. The talents I aimed for the most are Shadow Assault, Shadow Stalk, Ruthless Stalker and Stalker Phase. Shadow Stalk ensures that you can get a really quick and almost unavoidable incapacitate on your target, followed by an assassinate which benefits from Stalker Phase that increases your dmg by 15% after plane shifting, Ruthless Stalker increases your Crit chance bit 15% after shifting and also you get to have Rift barrier on you, that absorbs 15% of the damage.

In case Shadow Stalk is on CD, Shadow Assault is also a nice opener, with high burst dmg and also the benefits of plane shifting boosts.
    Also having 15% more HP and AP is nice.

Here is the link to my build, looking forward to your advices and ofc the flaming )

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...tcfqddR.V0xcho
    Last edited by Sethrus; 02-23-2011 at 04:24 AM.

Champion

1.) Rift Barrier is useless without Imp Rift Barrier. Put those points into Exceptional Resilience.

2.) If you're not going 51 deep into Assassin for Serpent Strike then just go 40 for Hidden Veil and net you ten more points for Rift which you can use to fill out Shadow Mastery, Imp Rift Barrier, Shadow Assault or other goodies. You'll also net Shadow Warp and Shadow Blitz in the process. In total you'll have 4 plane shifts, 2 of which put you directly behind your opponent, which means you should have your shift bonuses up at all times.

Bottom Line:

If you're going to go deep into Assassin then go either 40 or 51. Inbetween is just a waste of points.
    Last edited by XFracture; 02-22-2011 at 03:31 PM.

Jagged strike and Assassinate require stealth yes?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by XFracture View Post
    1.) Rift Barrier is useless without Imp Rift Barrier. Put those points into Exceptional Resilience.

2.) If you're not going 51 deep into Assassin for Serpent Strike then just go 40 for Hidden Veil and net you ten more points for Rift which you can use to fill out Shadow Mastery, Imp Rift Barrier, Shadow Assault or other goodies. You'll also net Shadow Warp and Shadow Blitz in the process. In total you'll have 4 plane shifts, 2 of which put you directly behind your opponent, which means you should have your shift bonuses up at all times.
    Hey! Thanks for the nice feedback. You were right about Rift barrier, so i took 5 points of sin tree from Imp. Savage strike and Imp. Final blow and used them to get Imp. Rift barrier and Imp. Shadow assault from the RS tree, also getting some nice CD reduction on the shifts.
    I decided to keep poison gas though, so i left the Sin tree at 44. I thin poison gas is a nice to have skill, for when you are at the wrong place on the wrong time and you don't wanna hit the dirt

Here's the link to the new build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...qddR.V0xchs0zz
    Can't wait to try it out

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Malingers View Post
    Jagged strike and Assassinate require stealth yes?
    AFAIK Jagged strike doesn't. Assassinate I'm pretty sure it does.
    Last edited by Sethrus; 02-22-2011 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethrus View Post

Yes, they do. Was this a question or a statement?

A little of both, a question just confirming to make sure nothing had changed in case I missed a patch notes. And a statement in that you said you didn't need Puncture or Backstab because of Jagged Strike and Assassinate.

I just think you might be underestimating how often youll be unable to stealth and relying on abilities that require you to be stealthed to give you your 15% dmg/reduction may not work out in practice as well as it does on paper.

Unless your intent was a 1v1 build?

Champion

Gas is very handy in specific situations. But with all the dots and aoe flying around it doesn't see much effective use. But give it a whirl. See how you like it. If you don't, just reinvest those points.

No biggy.

Soulwalker

Default This build

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...dR.VI0chqbRkko

a 0/33/33 build seems nice 2 me - Ill drop bladedancer for the pvp soul when I get it. Which will change the build a lot - losing a ton from Riftstalker but it will probably be worth it. the 33/33 build seems promising tho atm.

I'm Building a very similar build for Sin/RS PvP Going 34Sin/32RS/0Sab

With this setup Ill have all of the Phase abilities, Full Bleeds, CC Immunity in the form of FoM, CC Breaks with Slip Away and Phase Shifts. It also has 2 Stuns ( Para Strike, Foul Play), 2 70% Slows ( Malicious Strike and Sticky Bomb), 10 Second Blind, 6 Second Full CC (Similar to Cyclone in WoW). The coolest thing is that you can Phase Shift while in stealth. allowing you to use stealth openers much more effectively.

My Rotation will most likely be some form of Stealth> Shadow Stalk> Jagged Strike> Foul Play> Puncture> Impale> Backstab (Until they run) then Shadow Assault into another Backstab If they get away I can Slip Away and repeat but open up with Para Strike for the stun this time.

I really like the Sticky Bomb from the Sab tree but you can use any of the other trees to get a skill you like.

Here is a link to my build please critique.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...z..MARftobod0R

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Keysaki View Post
    I'm Building a very similar build for Sin/RS PvP Going 34Sin/32RS/0Sab

With this setup Ill have all of the Phase abilities, Full Bleeds, CC Immunity in the form of FoM, CC Breaks with Slip Away and Phase Shifts. It also has 2 Stuns ( Para Strike, Foul Play), 2 70% Slows ( Malicious Strike and Sticky Bomb), 10 Second Blind, 6 Second Full CC (Similar to Cyclone in WoW). The coolest thing is that you can Phase Shift while in stealth. allowing you to use stealth openers much more effectively.

My Rotation will most likely be some form of Stealth> Shadow Stalk> Jagged Strike> Foul Play> Puncture> Impale> Backstab (Until they run) then Shadow Assault into another Backstab If they get away I can Slip Away and repeat but open up with Para Strike for the stun this time.

I really like the Sticky Bomb from the Sab tree but you can use any of the other trees to get a skill you like.

Here is a link to my build please critique.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...z..MARftobod0R
    You didn't pick up armor ignore for your backstab

and which finish do you plan on using after your Impale for bleed damage since you didnt buff any of the assassian ones. Generally its Impale/Annihilate w/Final Blow spams when you gotta burn off CPoints.

Just wondering what u plan on using.

I must say I like the sab soul for the aoe snare tho, my 0/33/33 build uses bladedancing for the dodge, but if I didnt want to have the bladedancing soul early so I can Rift tank if I want - I'd def grab sab soul.

Yeah I will be using Annihilate after the Impale.

I didn't take Final Blow enhancements because I feel like boosting that one move seems less important and the other skills I have selected.

Also according to the Alpha Notes that were leaked the Assassinate enhancement is being changed to add Crit instead of go through Armor. As my Crit rating will be Really High with the RS enhancements I felt it was a bit redundant. That may change when things go live though.

I have Posted a thread of my own on my particular build. If your interested check it out.

Missing A LOT of Utility in that build Silos. I recommend that you try to focus on 2 Souls and Splash a 3rd for support. Splitting like that means your missing many of the class defining abilities.

Soulwalker

Hi guys, thanks for all the feedback.
    I've tweaked the build a little, taking points off murderous intent and investing in Puncture and backstab. I considered that the build suffered from a lack of out of stealth abilities and this changes should fix the problem.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...qddR.V0xchs0zz

Another viable build for PvP would be Sab/Sin/RS with a 0/40/26 talent point spread.
    The idea is that I limited the point investment in in the Sin tree just to get Hidden Veil, and went with Sab as a third soul option just to get the Adhesive Bomb skill as a replacement for the poison gas.

I moved 5 points off Poison Mastery, investing 5 points in such a high tear talent for only 10% more chance to apply a poison seemed a big price to pay considering the poison nerf.
    I added 1 point in murderous intent for 2% more dmg, which is always nice, and invested the available 4 points in the RS tree for more CD reduction on the shifting abilities, 20% more dmg on Shadow Assault, making it the biggest out of stealth nuke we have available and a nice 30% free movement increase after shifting. I also netted shadow warp in the process giving us another shift behind the target ability giving us a total of 3, maybe 4 (with some skill) useful shifts.

Here is the build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...oddR.V0xchabMz

I'm really sorry I had to sacrifice the 50% dodge increase from BD, but eh, can't have 'em all

What do you guys think of these 2 builds? I'm thinking of adding them in the Top Ten Tips for the Assasin thread, on the pvp build list.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Yawn View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...dR.VI0chqbRkko

a 0/33/33 build seems nice 2 me - Ill drop bladedancer for the pvp soul when I get it. Which will change the build a lot - losing a ton from Riftstalker but it will probably be worth it. the 33/33 build seems promising tho atm.
    The build seems nice, but imo you went to far in the RS tree, opting in for too much defence at the expense of good burst/offence. Also if you went this far just to get memory capture in don't think it's a good idea, since you'll already have 4 shifts at your disposal, and memory capture seems to complicated to set up to make it worth the extra 7 point investment in the RS tree. Rift prison seems useless with all the stuns, incapacitates and blind that you get from the Sin tree and freedom of movement is very situational to be worth it. Plane shifting offers the element of surprise and unless your target is really good or a bot won't be able to stun lock you in the first 2 seconds after shifting.

Also, getting the infiltrator soul seems useless atm unless you plan to invest heavily in it. You get plenty of oh **** buttons from the sin and rs trees, shifting and slip away gets you out of stuns, snares and root effects and Debilitating poison from the Sin tree hits casters and clerics just as hard as Cloudy poison does.
    Last edited by Sethrus; 02-23-2011 at 03:57 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Silos View Post
    Hi!

Dunno if investing so much in sab is a wise decision. Probably you thought about closing the gap or being more flexible in warfronts, but i think with this build you'll be a jack of all trades and master of none. I'm not really sure how viable is this in a lvl 50 premade warfront.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast