+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Potential Marksmen/nightblade/assassin build (for pve)

Soulwalker

Default Potential Marksmen/nightblade/assassin build (for pve)

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...EhtkqdhudR.0VM
    how does this look? i went with the bleeds from serrated blades, with the increased damage via critical hits (assassin tree) and got the combo damage increases from Nightblade tree, while getting standard pve talents from marksmen tree, think this will have one up on the standard Ranger / marksmen / assasin build?

Erm... Are you going for solo play, or group/raid DPS, or...?

Because you seem to be taking a lot of things you won't need for group/raid PvE, and all of the snares/utility stuff you've got wedged into the build won't serve you as well as a rocket propelled piggy for solo play. The combination has some promise, but I'd play to its strengths as a group crit dps build, where you're not having to worry about taking damage and are free to just set up your pedestal, stand there, and lay the righteous smackdown upon the bad mans.

36 MM/ 17 AS/ 13 NB looks like a decent dpsy build to me. Not one I've played, but it retains the ranged single target/aoe DPS of Marks and its major support cooldowns (remember, mobility doesn't matter as much for now because you're not kiting- you're dropping your pedestal and standing on it to shoot at the bad mans); picks up increased damage on combo point generating attacks AND Finishers from NB; increases crit chance, crit bonus, and an on-crit +damage proc; two great weapon enchantments; and a debuff that can be cast from stealth/range that adds to all of your physical damage and bleeds.

Oh. It'll also feed and water your mount for you. My biggest beef with the build is its total lack of threat management, but it seems like most rogue builds are hurting for that.

I'd probably set up a second set of primary hotkeys on shift+2 or shift+3 that chains together your melee attacks, should you find yourself in a fight that won't let you stay at range, or for when soloing. (Though really, it's easy to have a solo spec, and then three other specs for different situations.) I could see pulling the three points from Fire and Death Attunement and putting them into Poison Potency to get the +poison damage cooldown and (more importantly) the lifetap poison from Assassin. Dark Malady, with its 20% damage bonus buff, seems like a better choice for pewpewlazoring.

Soulwalker

It was mostly built towards pve. I hadnt worked out statistics etc, was just adding stuff that worked, thanks though ill take a look into your talent tree

Soulwalker

Actually i just took a look into your talent tree and mine, i actually linked the wrong one, the one i meant to link looks just like yours except i took close quarters combat due to situations where you may need to stand infront of boss

The Serrated Blades ability will no longer affect Ranged attacks when the next patch hits. it makes Sin much less interesting for MM.

For PvE I am going something like this for my Ranged Soul.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...M0c.E0xoVzVhzo

Quote Originally Posted by Keysaki View Post
    The Serrated Blades ability will no longer affect Ranged attacks when the next patch hits. it makes Sin much less interesting for MM.

For PvE I am going something like this for my Ranged Soul.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...M0c.E0xoVzVhzo
    Interesting. How do you envision playing this spec... rotation, etc?

I tried going MM without ranger in beta 7 and usually got my face pwned. And this was in the very early 1 - 15 levels. I actually had the ranger soul specced too, but sometimes I used to dismiss my pet just to see if I could play without it. I used to pull the mobs and try kiting with my boosted run speed. To my surprise I found that some low level mobs had speed boosts to match my speed (thanks Trion!!) Other times I used to run into other mobs which I definitely could not handle well. 1 mob at a time was my limit.

This was my first character... so I may have been playing stupidly.

The NB is for Wep enhancements and the Execution Phase. My main DPS will come form MM abilities and Weapon Enhancement Procs.

Using Ebon Fury on CD and with that Spam Twilight Force to 5 CP then finish with Deadeye Shot.

If Ebon is on CD then using a simple MM DPS rotation and use Twilight force on CD.

At 30% HP Pop Ebon Fury when Available and spam Twilight Force > Deadeye > Strafe

Again this is an End Game build. it does not depict Leveling at all.
    Last edited by Keysaki; 02-23-2011 at 03:15 PM.

+ Reply to Thread