+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pvp build, any advice?

Rift Chaser

Default Pvp build, any advice?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...MbE0xko0z.V0xM
    NB is there for the 15% blanket damage buff, the 2 points in melted skin give an occasional DPS buff, and a good stealth opener.
    The MM is all about survivability - knockback to get rid of pesky melee, hasty departure to make sure I can get away, and on the double for when I get rooted or snared. It also helps that the few MM abilities I'll be getting will compliment Sab for when charges are not working. I wish I could find the point for static shot, but it just cant be done (without losing my stealth opener from NB or choking gas bomb from sab)
    I skipped time bomb on the sab tree because at my level (23), the damage was extremely low.

What do people think?
    Last edited by cygnarite; 02-22-2011 at 01:40 PM.

Just take sab. Put no points into it. Just train up detonate and blast charge. You'll totally own all.

I saw the youtube.
    Don't mind me, I'm just being an idiot.

What you did there, I see it.

What about Entangling Trap? I don't have experience with those souls, but it seems like a great PvP talent to keep enemies within range of your multiple aoe bombs. It also provides an extra layer of survivability against melee. You could probably spare a point in Hellfire Blades for it 5% dmg isn't that significant imo
    Intel i5 760 2.8 GHz @ 3.6GHz Overclocked ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB 900MHz GPU, 1300MHz Memory, 1080p display 8 GB(4x2GB) DDR3 RAM Biostar TP55 Motherboard

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Scars View Post
    What about Entangling Trap? I don't have experience with those souls, but it seems like a great PvP talent to keep enemies within range of your multiple aoe bombs. It also provides an extra layer of survivability against melee. You could probably spare a point in Hellfire Blades for it 5% dmg isn't that significant imo
    Might be good for dealing with melee and stealth, though taking the 1 point out of Melted skin makes me lose Dark malady (the stealth opener with 20% damage boost for 8 seconds).
    Thanks for the input

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Tugrath View Post
    Just take sab. Put no points into it. Just train up detonate and blast charge. You'll totally own all.

I saw the youtube.
    You obviously didn't see the sab tree and how their higher tier skills allow them to achieve the damage you see in the videos. Not to mention the soul can't do it all alone, and you will need smart 2nd and 3rd spec choices.

+ Reply to Thread