+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nerf to assassin survivability, yeah thats what they needed.

Default Nerf to assassin survivability, yeah thats what they needed.

* Slip Away: Fixed so that existing DoT effects will cause stealth to break after Slip Away immunity ends.

Dumbest change ever. In pvp i never find myself dotted for less than 3 seconds, you will never escape using slip away, take a page from the book of wow and make it remove dots on use, and take out the immunity. Assassins survivability is not what needed nerfing, sorry.

Useless full spec skill, absolutely useless, without this skill the risk versus reward for going melee is too great, better off rolling a champion to melee, or a ranged class to deliver the same payload from a safe distance. Horrible change, just horrible.

I dont even play an assassin, but i was looking forward to having it as one of my off roles for world ganking, now i dont see why. (not to mention you butchered the sin tree for ranged classes you cant even allocate 10 points without being forced to buff your melee abilities, aka throwing random points away.)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Skaleek View Post
    * Slip Away: Fixed so that existing DoT effects will cause stealth to break after Slip Away immunity ends.

Dumbest change ever. In pvp i never find myself dotted for less than 3 seconds, you will never escape using slip away, take a page from the book of wow and make it remove dots on use, and take out the immunity. Assassins survivability is not what needed nerfing, sorry.

Useless full spec skill, absolutely useless, without this skill the risk versus reward for going melee is too great, better off rolling a champion to melee, or a ranged class to deliver the same payload from a safe distance. Horrible change, just horrible.

I dont even play an assassin, but i was looking forward to having it as one of my off roles for world ganking, now i dont see why. (not to mention you butchered the sin tree for ranged classes you cant even allocate 10 points without being forced to buff your melee abilities, aka throwing random points away.)
    Even in wow Vanish does not remove dots.

Vanish
    3 min cooldown
    Allows the rogue to vanish from sight, entering an improved stealth mode for 3 sec. For the first 3 sec after vanishing, damage and harmful effects received will not break stealth. Also breaks movement impairing effects.

Just means you have to use your cloak ability before you Slip Away, just like you would in that other game. Look at your skills before complaining idiot.

10 points in inf, 40 points in sin. Either one you can get by level40. 10 points in inf you can do one you get the inf tree. 5/5 in each tier 1 tree.
    Last edited by blahdot3h; 02-22-2011 at 11:13 AM.

Plane Touched

Eh, it already broke my stealth more than half the time. I usually just used it as a quick damage immune skill + able to get a in stealth skill off

Soulwalker

take a page from the book of wow and make it remove dots on use, and take out the immunity.
    There's nothing in the wow books that suggests doing this.

Why would we want to base everything off of the wow book anyway, if it would've been the case?

As the poster above me said, remove the dots before you slip away.

if you want uber slip away stealth you will have to go 40 points in an get hidden veil. Slip away -> hidden veil = not coming out of stealth for 15 seconds... enough time to either run away and hide OR re-open on your target...

good change - means people who want UBER stealth have to go higher in the tree.

as for this. try making a sin build and cherry picking low lying good abilities from the MM tree... no point. Ranger, sure +5% crit and a ranged snare for 6 points but that's hardly in the same league as +5 crit, serrated edge, murderous intent, cruel vengeace, magnify pain, o, and poisons.

Sorry, but the sin tree was TOO GOOD for any rogue to offspec and get a disproportionate amount of +damage for 8 or 10 or 13 points.... Melee rogues did not have the same option to cherry pick ranged rogue souls, so why should you?

word of the day :

balance
    Last edited by Azath; 02-22-2011 at 11:19 AM.

In the amount of time it takes to wander around and let the dots wear off im out of combat and may as well just use regular stealth. For some time in wow, there was a talent that removed dots on you if you vanished (maybe i dreamed it or used cloak of shadows, its been a long time).

As for the hidden veil slip away synergy, i had not thought of that, and it is a good suggestion, although its a lot of points to spend just for a chance to get away in the heat of battle.

Slip away means your main tree is assassin, its not an off tree ability, and main tree assassins have survive issues, they are the first to be picked off because they are melee and squishy, champion would fullfill the role of an assassin more effectively, i think.

I think im just asking, why play an assassin? What do they bring to the table that no other class can do better? If you want to be in the thick of battle as a melee why go assassin instead of any of the various warriors that can output more spike (champ) dps (paragon) cc (riftblade/champ). I have both a warrior and a rogue and had planned to roll rogue but i think they are butchering synergy so less people will be inclined to play the calling.
    Last edited by Skaleek; 02-22-2011 at 11:32 AM.

Default It is not a change is is FIXED!

Dumbest change ever. In pvp i never find myself dotted for less than 3 seconds, you will never escape using slip away...
    Which is exactly how it was supposed to work in the first place. It is not a change is is FIXED!

Hopefully it will root out the horrible assassin players who relied on exploiting that error during beta.

Well the way to use slip away right now is simply to regain all your bonuses from breaking stealth, ie using ambush and gaining your +15% damage +15 damage reduction, so its no longer a survive skill its an offensive skill, not that it couldnt be used offensively before, but you had more of a choice.

Dont get me wrong, they are an offensive class, it makes sense. I just find that they take a dirtnap pretty easily in larger pvp, and that their role could be more effectively filled with other choices.
    Last edited by Skaleek; 02-22-2011 at 11:42 AM.

I think the change is acceptable. Slip Away was broken previously- When you hit it, that "damage doesn't break stealth for 3 seconds" was bugged to be permanent until you broke stealth yourself. It was possible to hit slip away, then have someone see you 10 seconds later and start attacking you, and you remained in stealth. Obviously not working as intended.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post
    I think the change is acceptable. Slip Away was broken previously- When you hit it, that "damage doesn't break stealth for 3 seconds" was bugged to be permanent until you broke stealth yourself. It was possible to hit slip away, then have someone see you 10 seconds later and start attacking you, and you remained in stealth. Obviously not working as intended.
    Totally agree. Although if someone finds you 10 seconds after you slip away you've got to be a pretty bad stealther. Especially with tools like elusiveness and the ability to move at 100% speed while stealthed. I suppose in the end if changes like these lower the rogue population then they are good, I can learn and adapt to play with it like this, although i already favored nightblade as a stealth ganker(I think most people did) and now this just clinches it.
    Last edited by Skaleek; 02-22-2011 at 11:50 AM.

+ Reply to Thread