+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Self healing BD/SIN/RS build

Telaran

Default Self healing BD/SIN/RS build

Having never played a BD, interested to see if anyone who has played one has any input.

I took from the idea about the self healing and went up to 20 points in SIN for Leeching poison (20% chance to heal on hit) and Magnify Pain (increases healing bonus by 20% - not sure what that means exactly). I wonder if the poison potency skill increases the healing done by Leeching poison - says damage only?

RS up to Rift Scavenger for self heal for mobs killed w/ combo points.

The BD skills are up in the air, but i think this seems pretty nice for leveling/pvp.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...z.0AMcx0b.Vhhh
    Last edited by Psomatose; 02-22-2011 at 01:29 PM.

Points Spend: 1

This is an empty build

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    Points Spend: 1

This is an empty build
    Weird, not sure how that happened! Fixed

Ascendant

with poisons now having an internal CD the particular poison loses a lot of viability.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 02-22-2011 at 01:31 PM.

From my observations playing an assassin, the leeching poison does a lot of healing over time but isn't especially useful outside of PvE or a drawn out 1v1. Enduring Brew is actually quite good for self healing in PvP though, especially with Boosted Recovery. Leeching Poison does not heal based on damage dealt.

I'm not sure how a 66 point build is a leveling build, since at that point you would no longer need a leveling build, but I can recommend the BD/sin combo for good soloing. The BD becomes much stronger when you can get more points into it and achieve the insane CP generation, and the sin gives you nice passive damage plus stealth and incapacitate which are both extremely useful for soloing. Nightblade would be a good early subspec alternative to sin, if thats more your bag. The nightblade passives are obviously excellent but I'm not sure it's clear which subspec is the better up to 10 points, all things considered. I prefer Assassin + 0pt ranger instead of NB/whatever.

I'd say try working up to something like this for leveling/pvp if you like BD: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MVMN.xddhzRMRMz.0V0c

Flash of Steel is a gamechanger for the build, and 0pt Ranger gives you both a ranged attack and finisher which IMO are much more useful than the ubiquitous Shadow Shift for PvP since you can maintain pressure while out of melee range (or LoS of the enemy zerg).

I wouldn't recommend subspecing Riftstalker for PvP unless you have enough points for the multiple plane shifts and stalker phase, something like this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Mz.0V0c.VG0cbo

If you do choose to do BD/RS it can be pretty good for harrassing the enemy line in warfronts... between flying through the air and chewing people up you can appear to be attacking everyone at once. I've noticed it's very good at making an unorganized group retreat.

There's my input

+ Reply to Thread