+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Low level gearing..

Default Low level gearing..

Hey folks. Another newbie to the forums here. I got to play rift for about a day, and in that time managed to convert several people over.

I managed to get a rogue to about 13 and had a chance to experience quite a few things (including a big rift invasion, and getting the epic bunny)

My question is, would it be better and more beneficial to rift and try and grind for the planarite and sourcestones (sp?) or would it be quickly outclassed simply by quest rewards. I managed to get the rare leather relic tunic before beta ended, and was wondering if I should keep going that route, or simply quest for better gear.

Btw, my plan is MM/Ranger/Sab, and I like bows over guns, but will take what I can get.

If I happen to get any of the rare/epic currencies, I'll buy an item immediately. I won't go out of my way to do this though (IE go back from Stonefield to Freemarch just to take part in a zonewide event that's happening). The rare and epic equipment you can get is pretty good and could definitely last you 6-10 levels in some situations, but they won't last much more than that. Also, higher level rifts/invasions reward more planarite, so trying to farm it at a low level isn't very efficient.

Rifts that open near you, or zone events in the zone you are in, are worth doing because of the amounts of experience they give. Rare/epic currencies and items you can get as a result are also nice, but not game-changingly powerful or anything. I'd do any rifts/events that are convenient and your appropriate level, but still spend more time questing. I'm planning on leveling fast though; if you're not racing to 50 then there's no reason not to focus on rifts and events.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Telaran

you will allways need the planarite... but the blue/purple drop stone will change when you get to the next zone...

ah so the blue/purple stones I got in the freemarch invasion won't be any good when I go somewhere else? Seems to be kind of a waste then, if you get some and use them, and level out of them. Then you have useless currencies sitting around, if I read that right.

Correct, there are different "tiers" of the stone rewards. Personally, though, after playing through the zone a handful of times and looking at some of the level 50 Planarite vendors, I don't plan to buy any of the items when leveling other than improved Planar Essence slots, because some of the higher items cost on the order of several thousand planarite.

Effective Health: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Ranger - Avoidance: 36 Riftstalker/8 Bard/22 Bladedancer - Healthy Mix: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Bladedancer
    Riftstalker Tanking - Key Abilities and Mechanics 2.0
    Zayrinoke, Level 50 Bahmi Rogue - Zerstorer, Level 43 Bahmi Warrior - Asche, Level 20 Kelari Cleric - Haifisch, Level 32 Eth Mage
    Multiple Shards

yeah only planarite is good for everything.

the blue and purple stuff is for the zone only.

The blue currency items for the first zone are about as good as level 20 blues.

I imagine the purples are about as good as level 20 purples.

So obviously if you get the currencies while being in the level 10-20 range its worth picking up the items. But i wouldnt go out of my way.

The armor may be a better buy since you should get weapons from the first instance.

Regular planarite drops increase also in higher level zones so saving up all your planarite at low levels also seems like a waste to me.

More or less, do the events (they are good exp as well), get what you can, but dont bother trying to farm for rewards

+ Reply to Thread