+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Group healing Bard Bard/NB/RS?

Soulwalker

Default Group healing Bard Bard/NB/RS?

I was looking at making a bard designed purely for group healing. I ended up with Bard/Nightblade/Riftstalker 40/13/13 build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Vhx.EcdVi0soqz

This build avoids all non-cadence damage skills in the bard tree, takes 13 points in Nightblade to increase cadence damage/healing, 5 points in Riftstalker to increase cadence damage, and 8 points in Riftstalker to increase survivability.

I think this would work well, but I do lose verse of vitality/Joy at the cost of 15% endurance, 30% increased self healing, and 3% damage/cadence healing. Any thoughts whether this is a good trade-off or not.

Soulwalker

Personally, I'd take 4 out of Nightblade to get up to Verse of Vitality, picking up Rift along the way.

Soulwalker

I also forgot that the build loses coda of fury, riff, and power cord. My intent is to use this only in large group situations using another role for soloing, pvp, and small group situations where dps is needed.
    Last edited by Rainmanex; 02-22-2011 at 10:36 AM.

Yeah Riff is TOO important to pass up. It's an instant full Coda of Restoration on your group.

Soulwalker

I missed the full combo from riff thank you
    Last edited by Rainmanex; 02-22-2011 at 10:39 AM.

oh ok i see
    Last edited by Epoq; 02-22-2011 at 10:38 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmanex View Post
    lol, I messed up my intent is to only use this in large group
    Yeah, I figured that. If you take those 4 points out of Nightblade you can pick up those things you are missing. I don't think you get nearly as much out of Fire and Death Attunement and Coup De Grace as you would be going 44 in bard, picking up Rift, Power Chord, Coda of Fury, and of course Verse of Vitality. The Coup De Grace really doesn't do anything for you if you are focusing on group healing / support.

5 points in Blade Dancer for the +hit is probably better than Riftstalker if you're only concerned with healing. Cadence doesn't seem to scale with AP very well.

51 Bard, 10 NB, 5 BD is probably the best support/heal build, even if you are "wasting" points in Bard to some extent.
    Last edited by Dinadass; 02-22-2011 at 10:46 AM.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

+ Reply to Thread