+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard Stacking and Open world PVP

Soulwalker

Default Bard Stacking and Open world PVP

I've played bards in many other MMO's and my biggest concern is stacking issues. In other games bard buffs are group only. In Rift bard buffs cover the entire warfront (depending on range). From my experience bard Motifs don't stack from multiple bards. Does more than 1 bards have diminishing returns?

If 1 bard can cover all motifs is all that is left the other long durration buffs? Will higher level (more points in bard) motifs over write lower level motifs?

I understand the premise of sharing the roll with other bards, but coordination does not exist in cross server warfronts.

Second question:
    In open world PVP if a good bard is jumped 1v1 is his only option escape? With everyone being able to heal it doesn't seem that the bard could slowly outlast and kill oponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Turd Furgeson View Post
    I've played bards in many other MMO's and my biggest concern is stacking issues. In other games bard buffs are group only. In Rift bard buffs cover the entire warfront (depending on range). From my experience bard Motifs don't stack from multiple bards. Does more than 1 bards have diminishing returns?

If 1 bard can cover all motifs is all that is left the other long durration buffs? Will higher level (more points in bard) motifs over write lower level motifs?

I understand the premise of sharing the roll with other bards, but coordination does not exist in cross server warfronts.

Second question:
    In open world PVP if a good bard is jumped 1v1 is his only option escape? With everyone being able to heal it doesn't seem that the bard could slowly outlast and kill oponents.
    As far as I can recall:
    1) latest motif override previous one, regardless of effectiveness/duration. You should maintain your own in open pvp because the other bard may run out of your range and/or has worse motif than you.
    2) Get other soul to complement either DPS or to escape. Not sure about DPS but MM/RS will probably let you escape any situation imo.

+ Reply to Thread